Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
peanutbutterjelly101

Frigate vs Belle poulle

What that Brit said.

Frig has a bigger gun set I think, BP does plenty of damage thou.

The BP accelerates very slowly, but has a higher top speed than the Frigate if you don't change course often.  BP can bounce shots from a 3rd rate if angled properly, but the slow acceleration makes it feel like a 3rd rate sometimes.

Bp is superior

His shape (roundish) bounce balls very easy, if you angle yourself is impenetrable for a frig,  while his cannon even if smaller than a frig have np to pierce the squishy frig, also the belle poule have a better  shape, is very low in the waterline so harder to hit than a taller frig.  it heels less also.

other factors to take into consideration: since  belle poule have more hp, extra plankings permanent upgrade and also repair +steel tool box  are all more effective since they give bonus in % 

Edited by Lord Vicious

Up to you all of course, but in pvp the Frigate puts the murder on the BP.

Maneuverability and better guns at range do not make up for the occasional bounces.

Again, this is just my experience with it.

• Like 1

BP is more tanky and got the better carronades, atleast superior to the Frig in PVE

The Frigate and the Belle Poule have exactly the same loadout with carronades, the only difference between the ships gun loadouts is that the Frigate can equip 18lb'er cannon on its gun deck compared to the BP's 12lb'ers, and the Frigate gets a pair of 6lb chasers.

Frigates better if you ever want to do some PvP fleet action in the ship, cannons are just more versatile for this.

Edited by Tindahbawx

BP can equip more heavy Carronades, hence the higher damage.

The Frigate and the Belle Poule have exactly the same loadout with carronades, the only difference between the ships gun loadouts is that the Frigate can equip 18lb'er cannon on its gun deck compared to the BP's 12lb'ers, and the Frigate gets a pair of 6lb chasers.

Frigates better if you ever want to do some PvP fleet action in the ship, cannons are just more versatile for this.

BP can equip more heavy carronades, hence the higher damage.

BP can equip more heavy carronades, hence the higher damage.

Frigate has 26 guns on its gun deck, which can take 32lb carro, 12 on its Weather deck which can take 24lb carro.

Belle Poule has 28 guns on gun deck which can take 24lb carro, 10 on weather deck which can take 24lb carro.

Also have to take into account that the BP is extremely tanky compared to the Frig. But a live Oak Trinc beats both of these ships in Armor with a Live Oak, Build Str. and can still take the 18 pdrs.

I haven't sailed the BP much since the start of EA but from fighting them they do tank very well for their class.

Frigate has 26 guns on its gun deck, which can take 32lb carro, 12 on its Weather deck which can take 24lb carro.

Belle Poule has 28 guns on gun deck which can take 24lb carro, 10 on weather deck which can take 24lb carro.

bp takes 32s on the gundeck, its twice as tanky as a frigate despite what it says on paper

the frigate is far more maneuverable but slower.

Long story short, the Frigate and Pirate Frigate are terrible ships and the Belle Poule is an amazing ship. It takes double+ the damage the others do and does just as much damage.. it's also significantly faster, but a tiny bit less maneuverable.

Long story short, the Frigate and Pirate Frigate are terrible ships and the Belle Poule is an amazing ship. It takes double+ the damage the others do and does just as much damage.. it's also significantly faster, but a tiny bit less maneuverable.

Have yet to find a Pirate Frigate built of Live Oak and Exceptional slots array, only the NPC stuff or resellers. If you know where and whom, tag me in pvp1 ;)

Have both the Frigate and a Belle Poule and I like both in equal measures. Where the frigate can go into a knife fight with more control it really loses against the linear chase speed of the Belle. Also the guns being somewhat lower on the Belle is to my liking. Close, personal and at the waterline.

Well guys about all the PvP stuff.  who runs Canorrades in PvP anyway?

expet maybe PB

The pirate frigate runs 18lb and 12lb cannons.

I seriously doubt the Belle Pulle is anywhere close to this kind of damage output. Especially if you're shooting tough targets like constitutions and third rates in flag captain missions and fleets.

The pirate frigate runs 18lb and 12lb cannons.

Hmm...that is probably an oversight. Should have been reduced to 6 pdr on top deck along with Frigate.

Hmm...that is probably an oversight. Should have been reduced to 6 pdr on top deck along with Frigate.

Don't you know pirates need superspecial big guns? Their mascara makes iron barrels lighter?

• Like 1

Geh... you guys need to land on something... I'm about to get next rank where I can fully crew BP and Frigate... but can't decide which one to get.

Mind you I'm on the PvE server for the moment.

Maybe BP for tankyness for missions? Or damage and chasers is better so Frigate?

#torn

(don't need chasers for capturing traders though, I have an amazing Pickle for that kind of business :) )