Game-Labs Forum

Sweden starts an major Offensive against Danes

Meraun

Sometimes people forget this National Post are about Roleplay and Gamefeel.

Plus this was writen about 10 Days ago, after Sweden got two Ports back.

Our Attack lost a bit... well ... Drive :-) We will get there again

• Like 1

They didn't have an easy time at Oranjestad, losing 7+ ships in the battle and quite a large number outside. These fights will only get harder for you Danes now :P

aye, they still got a lot  more 3rd they we do. But our numbers are Rising.

Its called diplomacy my friend :)

So is uniting an entire nation to fight as one, instead of having a large chunk of your players break off and go pirate or dutch because of petty infighting.

But apparently theirs doesn't count, while yours is an outstanding achievement

And if you think losing ships is a deterrent, you're sorely mistaken. Ships are there to sink. If the port falls, it's still a victory.  Shipwrights are happy for every ship they have to replace, and for every port that lowers material prices.

Edited by Quineloe

So is uniting an entire nation to fight as one, instead of having a large chunk of your players break off and go pirate or dutch because of petty infighting.

And if you think losing ships is a deterrent, you're sorely mistaken. Ships are there to sink. If the port falls, it's still a victory.  Shipwrights are happy for every ship they have to replace, and for every port that lowers material prices.

you have to take this less Serious mate, jesus..

Also we do not have people leaving to the dutch

Edited by Meraun

Guys, you  straightened front cool in a massive offensive. 

Youre welcome! Thats what most of us want to be.   Wait, until our working class, our mommies and daddies are in 3rd rate range. There will be epic battles!  Or all swedes speak russian then, or french, or english...  :D

Time will show it.  :ph34r:

Edit:

Fighting is fun and props from the  enemy is much more worth than complaining about the worth of destroyed ships and shipwrights. Btw losing ships is deterrend in this game. It affects player morale and morale is the most important part of a videogame war. If you want to see how it works: Check out the nullsec wars in eve online. There you can see, that money and ships are never the problem. The point is: Which faction is stronger minded and  can handle casualties better.

Edited by KanoFu

"AND is in union with france and britain."

Its called diplomacy my friend :)

Yea I know! And that is not a problem at all, like I said in my first post in this thread: the current situation for Denmark makes it the most challenging faction to play. Gratitude for that, we can fight all around us, u can only fight us :)

But i have seen many danes being butthurt about the swedes taking their ports by "running away".

We were rather skeptical because of a broken mechanic, giving you the option to stay outside range in portbattle untill the flag/portbattle expired, that has been changed.

I don't think the devs though of anyone using running tatics in portbattles, then sweden came along. :))  

Aye. I look at it like the Danes are the hammer, our ports the anvil. And the continous fighting for survival will "maybe" forge a sharp and deadly weapon.

We are your only enemy nearby, so your experience is clearly depending of the danish  :ph34r:

Edited by E.P. Juel

No one is leaving for the Dutch or Pirates. We dont even have any infighting. What makes you think that? We are prob the nation with the highest unity and least infighting. And stop taking this all sooo seriously. Go make your own post about your victories if it angers you that we Swedes do such posts.

A Scandinavian alliance could shatter the fabric of the world at this point...

... and still retain the challenge of being surrounded...

... after all combined fleet actions are at an arms length to both south east and west...

B)

A Scandinavian alliance could shatter the fabric of the world at this point...

... and still retain the challenge of being surrounded...

... after all combined fleet actions are at an arms length to both south east and west...

B)

Is it fun, i'm smelling?  :o

No one is leaving for the Dutch or Pirates. We dont even have any infighting. What makes you think that? We are prob the nation with the highest unity and least infighting. And stop taking this all sooo seriously. Go make your own post about your victories if it angers you that we Swedes do such posts.

HRE Drama thread in German forum. If the infighting even reaches a public forum, it's pretty severe.

Fighting is fun and props from the  enemy is much more worth than complaining about the worth of destroyed ships and shipwrights. Btw losing ships is deterrend in this game. It affects player morale and morale is the most important part of a videogame war. If you want to see how it works: Check out the nullsec wars in eve online. There you can see, that money and ships are never the problem. The point is: Which faction is stronger minded and  can handle casualties better.

The only thing I need to know about EVE is the "this is REALLY eve" video on youtube.

Losing a ship s probably a deterrent if you have to buy them for twice the price at your capital shop. If you're in an active clan, building ships at cost kinda changes that.

And if losing ships truly were a deterrent in this game, this game has already failed its premise.

Edited by Quineloe
  • Like 1

So many danish are butthurt in this thread...

no we're just making fun of it

Here take a look http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/305487134916237880/D443A20CA3B6B24AEB272A10F07F0E7697DD0AEA/

Nice try, Swedes. captured one connie and we havent lost any of our ships while defending. furious attack indeed

Edited by Hawkchanskiy

I saw this picture now posted 4 times in 2 different threads. Can you guys do something else then spam the forums?

We got it. You guys are the greatest. Okay. Now pls stop telling us this every 2 seconds. This behaviour is really *** like.

The topic is provocative from the very beginning. Swedes wanted to show off and of course someone didnt liked it. Now as a result they are getting those screenshots of "major offencive" campaign. At least someone should've mentioned that all victories they ever got was because of French and Britain forces that came to help at one time. Theres no other nations, except Danes who were attacked by 4 nations at the same time and havent lost any of ports. (in that night we lost 1 port but we gained one so its kinda equalises each other). Oh yeah and Swedes could be neutral or even allied to Danes but they chosed they own path. Now dont be on an ego trip and realise that u cant deal with Danes so perhaps u should talk it thru diplomatic channels and become neutrals? Anyways we are having a good time jumping on swedes and asking them to summon reinforcements so we dont waste our time on finding NPC fleets XD

The topic is provocative from the very beginning. Swedes wanted to show off and of course someone didnt liked it. Now as a result they are getting those screenshots of "major offencive" campaign. At least someone should've mentioned that all victories they ever got was because of French and Britain forces that came to help at one time. Theres no other nations, except Danes who were attacked by 4 nations at the same time and havent lost any of ports. (in that night we lost 1 port but we gained one so its kinda equalises each other). Oh yeah and Swedes could be neutral or even allied to Danes but they chosed they own path. Now dont be on an ego trip and realise that u cant deal with Danes so perhaps u should talk it thru diplomatic channels and become neutrals? Anyways we are having a good time jumping on swedes and asking them to summon reinforcements so we dont waste our time on finding NPC fleets XD

This topic was about the major offensive when you guys lost 4 ports, 1 to sweden, 2 to brits and 1 to france. That offensive has looong ended so all your pics about how our offensive fails are stupid. There simply is no offensive currently

And this forum is called "National News". And since youre our rival and lost 4 ports at the time of that major offensive it just seemed right to start a topic about it in the national NEWS forum.

And thank you for reminding me about that AI Reinforcement grind you guys are doing. I was jumped on in my navybrig trying todo missions today by 3 connies and they only wanted me to call AI reinforcements. AI reinforcements shouldnt be abused this way. Im gonna open a thread about this, thanks for reminding me :)

Jeez, is this thread still alive o_O
It's like almost 2 weeks old and the Danes still haven't figured out how to make their own thread about their adventures. At least I haven't seen it yet. Brings to mind the fun memory of some Danish player saying they were the most peaceful nation in game but, some of them just can't seem to help themselves to want to piss people off. Or maybe that's just mainly human nature these days with a few exceptions. Meet a few friendly Danish-Norwegians, but most I have meet simply can't help themselves but to act as repetitive old LP's to motivate more aggressions towards them.

Edited by Tord Tosk

Spain was attacked by 6 nations at the same time.

Yeah probably coz Spain had too much ports at the beginning so it wasnt even attacks it was more like capturing neutral ports with no defence. But now everything getting more or less balanced and ports are not that easy to capture, Plus i dont think someone attacked Spain at a very same time from 6 sides at least i havent heard of that. If Spain was attacked 6 times during a day it shouldnt be counted as 1 simultaniuos attack prbbly, Plus there are the legend wich says that only 1 captain are playing for Spain XD. Brave as hell and hes got a lot of stuff to do for the whole nation

This topic was about the major offensive when you guys lost 4 ports, 1 to sweden, 2 to brits and 1 to france. That offensive has looong ended so all your pics about how our offensive fails are stupid. 

So major offensive = 1 port? Nice. :lol:

P.S.: 2 cents: rename topic to "Sweden starts and immediately ends a minor Offensive against Danes taking one port". Still a long name but at least less pathetic.   

Edited by Zlobny
  • Like 1

And thank you for reminding me about that AI Reinforcement grind you guys are doing. I was jumped on in my navybrig trying todo missions today by 3 connies and they only wanted me to call AI reinforcements. AI reinforcements shouldnt be abused this way. Im gonna open a thread about this, thanks for reminding me :)

Well u can refuse to call reinforcements dude, and we will be very sad about that we will be crying and maybe even depressed so we just take ur ship instead of fighting npc's as some trophy. U can also start a topic wich says that its unfair to attack ships 3 on 1 or 20 on 1 and its very unfair to play in the open world above all i think this leads to nothing but were going offtopic here. I cant recall the day when we lost 4 ports. can u provide some screenshots? i remeber when we were attacked from 4 sides and defended most of ports except one and then we took Fort Baai in the same day so we dont actually lose anything

Edited by Hawkchanskiy

Jeez, is this thread still alive o_O

It's like almost 2 weeks old and the Danes still haven't figured out how to make their own thread about their adventures...

Topicstarter can write, that a major Offensive against Danes is over and we will close this dialog. Before it topic is alive, isn't it?

Edited by Карл Лейфсен