Game-Labs Forum

Sweden starts an major Offensive against Danes

Meraun

I never argued to restrict the capture of ports, if anything I'd argue that ALL ports even the capital should be capturable but there are Lots of other features and programming that can be altered to stop this happening which I've explained in detail in previous posts or threads.

@OP: From what I understand, the enemies surrounding Denmark-Norway did a damned good job coordinating to attack us on both fronts (thank the gods the pirates didn't join in), it isn't easy to have multiple fronts in great wars, as has been proven again and again by history.

Hopefully we will have many more glorious engagements in the future; may the best captains win!

Remember Öland Swedes, remember Öland! 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_%C3%96land

Your ships will  blow up, and your navalflag will be used to clean our private parts.

Hear, hear! Well said, our most loyal Scanian countryman!

Edited by Niels Terkildsen
  • Like 1

This is a perfect example of broken mechanics. I can assure you I'd have the same point whether I be on the offensive side or defensive so do not think I am biased.

The fact that the swedes, Brits and French were able to each attack at least 2 ports each of a pretty lonely desolated nation is seriously wrong. I find it frustrating being on the defensive and knowing that one of my allies is being roflstomped. I'd also find it pretty precarious being on the offensive with the ability to reduce a nation to one port.

But then again you tried the same thing a few days ago when you simultaneously attacked french ports with the danes. It was around 8-10 Assault flags if I remeber correctly.

So I guess its only broken when the others do it?

Edited by Quarios
  • Like 3

Danes and Dutch paid for their behavior before the EA, when then used to rule the server with low population.

Now things have changed because we have more captains and more organsation.

You can't blame game's mechanichs for this, or your bad organisation beetween dutch clans. And Danes still have a lot of ships and captains too, so things will change quickly, don't judge just a week of game.

Ports are taken and retaken, that's part of game and war.

• Like 2

[...]Already the Dutch nation has lost 1 guild KPM to another nation out of sheer frustration at incidents or disorganisation caused by pressure through flawed mechanics. [...]

kind regards

Monkey

CLARIFICATION

This is not true. There were several reasons making us leave. But keep on arguing like this and you will see more guilds will leave the dutch nation. At least you are doing the best to shoo them away.

Cheers

Brog

• Like 1

But then again you tried the same thing a few days ago when you simultaneously attacked french ports with the danes. It was around 8-10 Assault flags if I remeber correctly.

So I guess its only broken when the others do it?

If I had a problem with a nation this post would be in tribunal not in open world discussions. I am NOT accusing any player or nation of exploiting or "war crimes" I will also openly state that the Dutch and DAS has ALSO crafted up to 6-8 flags in a single night. My point STILL stands, this is wrong. Wrong. In every situation or circumstance, wrong.

CLARIFICATION

This is not true. There were several reasons making us leave. But keep on arguing like this and you will see more guilds will leave the dutch nation. At least you are doing the best to shoo them away.

Cheers

Brog

Clearly a chat on teamspeak will do us both a world of good Brog. See you tonight.

how many times must it be repeated that the mechanic is broken no matter who uses it Tabernac? Literally RIGHT above your post is me explaining any side using it, whether it be French, Dutch, British, Swedish is NOT to blame for a very flawed mechanic, it is up to the Devs to fix it!! Are you trying to troll, or do you genuinely need it spoon fed to you?

Nevertheless Dutch activity on the forum tripled in complains since the days of 25v1 ended and the days of counteroffensive started...

At any rate, I see no problem with allowing multiple flags. For some nations using these as a coy could be the only way of securing a rare and singular victory.

What is broken mechanics is whining about broken mechanics after the counter-offensive. Neither France, Britain nor Swedes are the aggressors here. You and your ally poked and poked and now you're crying when you get poked back...

You know how to fix that broken mechanic? Don't attack everyone around you.

• Like 1

For goodness sake. Why must it become all about crying, whining, pointing fingers etc. this is supposedly a mature community and it is better left in that state. My opening statement noted that my opinion is completely unbiased and I can assure you whatever nation I'm, whatever side I'm on, if there is a flawed mechanic as serious as this one I will point it out. You believe I deserve scolding for this?

I have also made several port battle threads in the past week that have thankfully NOT ended in heated arguments and pointed fingers which can support that.

Edited by Monkey Bullet

This is a perfect example of broken mechanics. I can assure you I'd have the same point whether I be on the offensive side or defensive so do not think I am biased.

So you gladly will show me the post or Thread you openend the night the dutch and danes launched 8-10 attacks on the french holdings?

Or is that just another thing like the dutch RPON/RPOFF ?

• Like 2

how many times must it be repeated that the mechanic is broken no matter who uses it Tabernac? Literally RIGHT above your post is me explaining any side using it, whether it be French, Dutch, British, Swedish is NOT to blame for a very flawed mechanic, it is up to the Devs to fix it!! Are you trying to troll, or do you genuinely need it spoon fed to you?

No, what's literally RIGHT above my post is you attempting to argue against what you view as a broken game mechanic (fair enough) now that it's being used against you. You try to appear even-handed by noting that you've engaged in the same behaviour, but where were your complaints then? Did you make sure to post bug reports or suggestions about it in the relevant forums when you saw your countrymen engaging in this? Or are you only now bringing it up in a post by an enemy nation in a politics thread? That's what you're being called out on in this thread, Monkey.

I'm not saying you're right or wrong about the game mechanics. I'm not judging your opinion. I'm judging hypocrisy under the guise of objectivity, and making excuses to take away from a congratulatory post by an ally.

• Like 1

The fact that the swedes, Brits and French were able to each attack at least 2 ports each of a pretty lonely desolated nation is seriously wrong. 

m

kind regards

Monkey

Desolated? Good sir, we british attacked your ports that border ours in Haiti, I do wonder if you know what desolate means and if you may not just have taken a bath in sand and salt?

Edited by Dalriaden

I would like to see some kind of voting system where a governor can be elected for a nation for the sole purpose of having actual alliances.

Today clans can have alliances or rather non-aggression pacts. But that will not affect all clans of that nation. So basically. You can only have

a small group of players told to not attack a certain nation and/or a specific group of players. While other clans not involved can go around attack whatever they like.

Either a governor or some kind of voting system so a nation can be allied with another. Not that it's "historically correct" but what is correct according to history now when we're 3 weeks into early access from release?

On another note, the danes probably deserve to be manhandled around a bit just by overlooking the "political situation" thread for pvp 1 under national news.

Having a multi-front war has been proven throughout history to not work out so good. And as someone mentioned earlier. They seem to lack diplomatic skills.

KPM left because we had been promised support in defending the east, that support never materialised, we felt betrayed having fought for the nation that then turned their back on us leaving us in an untenable situation surrounded by the enemy. 

Uhm, no. For weeks there were several fleets active, attacking and defending wherever they could. Then we had two nights in a row where we happened to have lesser numbers available for those battles. No one can *force* players to do PB's, we had less people online and others were busy trying to level up. And after two defeats, you QQ-ed in chat and on forums for two days and then ran away. That's what it is; running away.

I totally understand that you justify it to yourself by blaming it on other people, clan leadership and captains alike, but that doesn't change what really happened.

You stayed with us when things were easy, then ran as *soon* as it got tough. Not sure how it would properly translate to english, but in dutch we'd call you a "good weather soldier". Hope there's a lot of sunshine in your new nation and that your allies realize they will see you run as soon as it rains.

Oh. RP-on and off of course. This was all said by my RP character.

On-topic: Not sure if this is a broken game mechanic. It might be that, due to the lack of a proper diplomacy system. Since there's no real mechanism for diplomacy, other than trust and words, there is no way to prevent that one nation gets ganked. That could happen to any nation, when all others decide to gang up on them. But if there wére a good diplomacy system, then this mechanic would be fine. Then we'd simply tell the ganked nation not to be at war with everyone, or choose their allies more strategically.

Edited by IronClaw
  • Like 2

Desolated? Good sir, we british attacked your ports that border ours in Haiti, I do wonder if you know what desolate means and if you may not just have taken a bath in sand and salt?

Oh oh I want to answer!!! As an ally of the Brits, and since honestly the Brits own language is 40% French/Latin, and because I like to have fun I'll answer. Desolation comes from latin desolatio. It means to abandon. If the Danes were desolated then they would have no land no players, or at least would have left the Danish faction. Hehe. I love languages.

May the Franko-British alliance thrive. Btw Brits, want to be rules by France again? It worked well after the Norman invasion I do recall?!? Just kidding. Ok maybe a little?

Good Sir, you seem to be spending too much time with our British allies. You seem to be infected with their love of bad jokes. I would strongly suggest to undergo a treatment of lashing by one thousand baguettes to bring your mind right back to it's usual, French sharpness.

Oh, no, that part was fine, Sir! And because that part was so fine I would even suggest soaking the lashing-baguettes in prime French wine!

To be fair, I am just proposing more baguettes and wine. We could even leave out the lashing part, there is no rush. We can do baguettes and wine now, lashing some other time!