Game-Labs Forum

Sweden starts an major Offensive against Danes

Meraun

Yestdaynight, the united swedish Clans on PvP One started a 3 Attacks on Danish Ports. Every Major Clan and many free Captians  joined the togehter for one big Fleet.

Myself, as a Member of WASP, was assinged with all of WASP and our new Friends form SAAA to the shielding Group wich backed up the Attack on Fort Baai.

It start out as a easy Job, the Dane's were attacked on multiple Front form several Nations and they did not send any segificant backup to Baai.

The Conquest was almost finisth when a Major RUS Fleet appeared close to Baai.. 6 3rd and many big Frigates.  Our Side had Ceberus, Renomèe and a Constiution. We knew the Battle was

lost before it begun. Neverless we attacked. Our Task was to stop any Backup and delay them, not to win. So the brave Captains of WASP, SAAA backup by free Captains and people of BL engaged the

far suprior enemy Fleet. I think the BR was 3000ish against 8000ish..

The Fleets spawned a stone throw anway form each other..Wich did favour as at all. The battle started and well, my Ceberus blow up after 4 mins... :-)

We lost that Battle, but we did delay them enough, so they were not able to join the Port Battle.

I guess we gonna call it a Tactical defeat and a strategical Victoury!

After this Major Battle, we assambeld some ships to raid near Danish Ports and to enjoy the rest of the Evening.

This was my view of a Great Evening..

Captain Meraun, WASP-Inc.

Edited by Meraun
  • Like 2

This is a perfect example of broken mechanics. I can assure you I'd have the same point whether I be on the offensive side or defensive so do not think I am biased.

The fact that the swedes, Brits and French were able to each attack at least 2 ports each of a pretty lonely desolated nation is seriously wrong. I find it frustrating being on the defensive and knowing that one of my allies is being roflstomped. I'd also find it pretty precarious being on the offensive with the ability to reduce a nation to one port.

Wherever the solution lies, through port battles, capital and home ports, or alliances, it needs to be fixed with much more urgency that is being shown at present. Already the Dutch nation has lost 1 guild KPM to another nation out of sheer frustration at incidents or disorganisation caused by pressure through flawed mechanics. You would think people would accept it is early alpha and accept certain kinds of crap will happen but clearly it is not the case

kind regards

Monkey

Edited by Monkey Bullet
  • Like 6

3CtL4Sr.jpg

jtRZFNp.jpg

I counted we had around 70 ships when we left Spanish Town with more on the way. However this huge group soon split up. Most of us peeled off and went in small groups of 4-5 and started killing off any stragglers that tried to flee.

Overall I would say that was significant backup  :P  ;)

First picture - Front half of the fleet moving to Fort Baai area 

Second picture - Waiting for the Russian fleet to arrive so we can move out

Yestdaynight, the united swedish Clans on PvP One started a 3 Attacks on Danish Ports. Every Major Clan and many free Captians  joined the togehter for one big Fleet.

bla bla bla

Yesterday brits, france and sweden cowards attack us together in same time. They loose rediciously lot of ships in those PB, where our fleet could reach in time and even more, when they prevent counter-attack on Bai. We win almost every battle, but zerg is zerg. 

It will be payd back.

pretty lonely desolated nation

Ehh... say what?  

The Danish forces who showed up were more organized in their battles, had a much heavier fleet ( lots of 3rd rates against the Swedish frigates ) and they came in greater number. Where you even somewhere close to Fort Baai / Oranjestadt?

Sweden compared to Denmark is a very desolated nation.  Denmark has after the battles of yesterday 18 ports, Sweden has 9... And you call Denmark desolated?

Impressive...  

• Like 4

Ehh... say what?  

The Danish forces who showed up were more organized in their battles, had a much heavier fleet ( lots of 3rd rates against the Swedish frigates ) and they came in greater number. Where you even somewhere close to Fort Baai / Oranjestadt?

Sweden compared to Denmark is a very desolated nation.  Denmark has after the battles of yesterday 18 ports, Sweden has 9... And you call Denmark desolated?

Impressive...  

I believe you forgot to count up French  and British ports. Impressive...  

• Like 1

Dan

Ehh... say what?  

Impressive...

The swedes have a very big nation right next door. France. Do the Danes? No.

The Brits are also at the Danes East.

Yes that is the definition of desolated

Oh sorry, i forgot that u bravely fought Dutch and US at Fort Bai. Such a disgrace...

So its Swedens fault that the Danish allies didnt help Denmark enough in their war against the smallest nation on the map?

Dan

The swedes have a very big nation right next door. France. Do the Danes? No.

The Brits are also at the Danes East.

Yes that is the definition of desolated

Eh what? First you say that the Danes has no big nation next door and then you say they do? Make up your mind please.

3CtL4Sr.jpg

jtRZFNp.jpg

I counted we had around 70 ships when we left Spanish Town with more on the way. However this huge group soon split up. Most of us peeled off and went in small groups of 4-5 and started killing off any stragglers that tried to flee.

Overall I would say that was significant backup  :P  ;)

First picture - Front half of the fleet moving to Fort Baai area 

Second picture - Waiting for the Russian fleet to arrive so we can move out

That was really an impressive sight on the OS. :)

This is a perfect example of broken mechanics. I can assure you I'd have the same point whether I be on the offensive side or defensive so do not think I am biased.

The fact that the swedes, Brits and French were able to each attack at least 2 ports each of a pretty lonely desolated nation is seriously wrong. I find it frustrating being on the defensive and knowing that one of my allies is being roflstomped. I'd also find it pretty precarious being on the offensive with the ability to reduce a nation to one port.

Wherever the solution lies, through port battles, capital and home ports, or alliances, it needs to be fixed with much more urgency that is being shown at present. Already the Dutch nation has lost 1 guild KPM to another nation out of sheer frustration at incidents or disorganisation caused by pressure through flawed mechanics. You would think people would accept it is early alpha and accept certain kinds of crap will happen but clearly it is not the case

kind regards

Monkey

dude as is war!!! and you sir having been part of the SLRN during the early days of open world should know what its like to be the small guy being bullied by everyone else!!!! the dutch and danish were part of the great alliance against the british and now that the worm has turned "you " choose to moan about it sir!

The game is far from broken!

when all were allied against the slrn i complained to a Dutch captain and was told to "deal with it"..... so all i can say is this "deal with it" make alliances matey,....

• Like 3

Yesterday brits, france and sweden cowards attack us together in same time. They loose rediciously lot of ships in those PB, where our fleet could reach in time and even more, when they prevent counter-attack on Bai. We win almost every battle, but zerg is zerg. 

It will be payd back.

you have the Heavier Ships tahts true... but this will change at some point. i woudnt call and oranised attack between 3 Nations and 20 Clan's a Zerg... it takes a lot of work to organise them all. but how woud you know?  all

you have is RUS. (wich is online 24/7 according to the amount of 3rd you guys have

PS: Having so many enemies show a  strong lack of Diplomatic Strategy on your side. if there is any.

Edited by Meraun
  • Like 2

dude as is war!!! and you sir having been part of the SLRN during the early days of open world should know what its like to be the small guy being bullied by everyone else!!!! the dutch and danish were part of the great alliance against the british and now that the worm has turned "you " choose to moan about it sir!

The game is far from broken!

when all were allied against the slrn i complained to a Dutch captain and was told to "deal with it"..... so all i can say is this "deal with it" make alliances matey,....

It is completely ridiculous to try and justify mechanics allowing a single nation to possibly lose over 50% of their ports in a single night. Any arguments you try to justify it, I'm sorry, are absolutely invalid.

KPM left because we had been promised support in defending the east, that support never materialised, we felt betrayed having fought for the nation that then turned their back on us leaving us in an untenable situation surrounded by the enemy. Every KPM captain leaving Cano Macereo was ganked by frenchies, trading to support crafting became impossible, the nation seemed impotent. We did not leave because of the mechanics we left because of the broken promise of support and that we believed this was a mere symptom of what we would face had we stayed. We are a fighting clan and we want allies and national brothers that will fight with us not promise to do it and then not show up.

You still had 2 officers of DAS down there trying to rally captains at that point in time. Piet's main problem it seems is that I didn't personally help out either, and to be frank I won't be ridiculed for wanting a a single night off doing some mindless therapeutic grinding. We all have lives too and I won't apologise for priortising my own health and welfare over a game.

So its Swedens fault that the Danish allies didnt help Denmark enough in their war against the smallest nation on the map?

Eh what? First you say that the Danes has no big nation next door and then you say they do? Make up your mind please.

I understand English may not be your first language, but please read what I've said again buddy. You seem to have misread.

Monkey!

It is completely ridiculous to try and justify mechanics allowing a single nation to possibly lose over 50% of their ports in a single night. Any arguments you try to justify it, I'm sorry, are absolutely invalid.

May i asked wahts so bad about it? i mean first you have to organise that many ships, wich is not easy.

So you think we need a system wich also on one or two Port to be attacked?

We lost 20% of our Ports when the russian attacked as 10 Days ago in one night. now we took one back.. i dont really see your point. Any mechanic woud be an adavangte for weaker nations., (like us, actually)

You simple have no Argument on your side expect try to help weaker Nations against bigger Nation.

Waht you suggest woud make alliance and Coordinated attacks between Nations useless. The game woud get more Arcady

Edited by Meraun

I personnaly think the current mechanics are fine, if a nation doesn't have the power to defend itself from enemies (including multiple organised foes) then their power will decline. If you don't want to be reduced then theres always diplomacy/ capitulation. I know it's just a game but through out history nations have been faced against coalitions that out weigh their own strength, some get by with clever strategy and diplomacy some were overwhelmed and defeated,

Edited by Morey
  • Like 4

kind regards

Monkey

Only the Truth

KPM left because we had been promised support in defending the east, that support never materialised, we felt betrayed having fought for the nation that then turned their back on us leaving us in an untenable situation surrounded by the enemy. Every KPM captain leaving Cano Macereo was ganked by frenchies, trading to support crafting became impossible, the nation seemed impotent. We did not leave because of the mechanics we left because of the broken promise of support and that we believed this was a mere symptom of what we would face had we stayed. We are a fighting clan and we want allies and national brothers that will fight with us not promise to do it and then not show up.

Bye

Edited by Doschichis

Alright let's discuss low populated nations then. Eventually depending on the mood of surrounding nations, there WILL be at least 1 nation who is reduced to one port. Do you believe in that case that 1 port nations should still be allowed or should simply be removed from the game?

Hyperthetical question:Lets say in 5 months time if the mechanics remain as they are that Sweden, the Danes and Dutch all lose the majority of their players due to an alliance between France Britain US and Pirates. Should those 3 nations then be removed from the game? What would be the point in playing them as all the economically important ports REQUIRED to make ships will be inaccessible. All the newbies of that nation will also find themselves being ganked by enemy players looking for some easy x3 exp.

These are the inevitable extreme consequences of these mechanics.

Alright let's discuss low populated nations then. Eventually depending on the mood of surrounding nations, there WILL be at least 1 nation who is reduced to one port. Do you believe in that case that 1 port nations should still be allowed or should simply be removed from the game?

Hyperthetical question:Lets say in 5 months time if the mechanics remain as they are that Sweden, the Danes and Dutch all lose the majority of their players due to an alliance between France Britain US and Pirates. Should those 3 nations then be removed from the game? What would be the point in playing them as all the economically important ports REQUIRED to make ships will be inaccessible. All the newbies of that nation will also find themselves being ganked by enemy players looking for some easy x3 exp.

These are the inevitable extreme consequences of these mechanics.

You have a point yes. i personally see the Solution in Port reset every Couple of months..

But i guess not everyone likes it

Perhaps the fix will have to come when real in game diplomacy is introduced. Not really sure how, I do understand your argument too, but I don't really agree with restricting the capture of an enemy port because he has already lost some. Perhaps implementing some sort of port defense 'handicaps' or bonuses that appear when a nation is down to its last ten ports ( I use ten as an example). By bonuses I mean maybe a couple of extra towers, or a small defensive AI squadron. I'd like to see things like anti ship cables, or fire ships, but I doubt every one would agree with that. I'd suggest though that of such a thing was implemented then the handicap should be increased with the fewer ports the nation is reduced to.

Edited by Morey

Danish almost all defended and were present in all the attacks.

I think we have not played the same game yesterday ^^ 4/7 Captured! 2 For English, 1 for Swedish and French for which there was no defense. After I reminds you that Danish had attacked the French at the same time as the Dutch.