Game-Labs Forum

Land sighted.

Admin "slipped"info about  a big content patch ETA 10-15April so I wold put my eggs on land battles for this month...and can wait for it

Sounds like I need to start looking where I am heading so not to get land sandwiched thanks to my own sheer incompetence, be nice to see a development post although I don't blame them if they don't until later due to what happened last time with the community getting frustrated and all for something the team couldn't help.

Sounds like I need to start looking where I am heading so not to get land sandwiched thanks to my own sheer incompetence, be nice to see a development post although I don't blame them if they don't until later due to what happened last time with the community getting frustrated and all for something the team couldn't help.

Lol was thinking the same (about getting sandwiched) and how it would be typical of me to end up there

Anyone thought about making more depth lvl with it? For example Half-shallow Waters or something like that,  so we can have Towers/Forts in such a Area or the Town is in a River or something so that 4th+ rates can not reach them making it useful to have for example Frigates in your BP team and giving smaller ships some use. Or in open waters let a Lynx sail in waters a bigger ship cant. 

• Like 1

Anyone thought about making more depth lvl with it? For example Half-shallow Waters or something like that,  so we can have Towers/Forts in such a Area or the Town is in a River or something so that 4th+ rates can not reach them making it useful to have for example Frigates in your BP team and giving smaller ships some use. Or in open waters let a Lynx sail in waters a bigger ship cant. 

I think that will be in the game for sure, to let shallower draft ships enter shallower waters. It is already in the open world map, you can get a lot closer to the coast in a brig than in a frigate for example.

Sparse info on this feature went out in the Russian forums so we must share it with everyone. 

We are working on the very big feature now which was taking 90% of the time for the devs and art team. The feature is in development in secret since October. 

We have taught the engine to pull the land from our procedural map into battles.

• If you attack a player in the hispaniola channel you will fight in the hispaniola channel.
  • If you attack a player in a narrow passage you will fight in a narrow passage.
  • Attack a player near land if wind blows towards land he will not escape.
  • Port battles harbors will be based on our map harbors making some ports extremely easy to capture and others impossible to capture.
  • Attack someone near a shore battery spot and you will have to fight under battery fire (this will allow us to eliminate reinforcements button).

This will change the gameplay completely and might ruin the game. Or will make it awesome. 

The feature is in internal testing as there a a lot of spawn problems to be solved. But it plays and feels epic. 

ETA Unknown but hopefully by mid spring it can be given in experimental build for testing. 

good

Sounds good but the little ships and trading or are they just means to an end everyone fight in one of a few big gunned ships..................BORINGI

I think it will actually go the other way.

If there are a few "easier" capable towns, that means that the lower player are able to attack those ports with smaller ships.

For example: Attacking 2/3 ports at the same time is for a few nations not anytime possible, cause they are not able to get enough players together which are able to sail 3rd's and higher. Right now it just leads to buy "fake" flag to cover the main fleet. But after that patch, it means, that the smaller player might attack easier ports too. Or attack them right away without the big ships. Thus the players with smaller ships which were only able to play the interception fleet, can be integrated into the attacks and participate in them as they were not able to do so earlier!

I really appreciate this development!

More of it! :D

Edited by Twig

Attack someone near a shore battery spot and you will have to fight under battery fire (this will allow us to eliminate reinforcements button).

Can we shell the batteries? I would love to be able to shell the port town and set it ablaze.

...I would love to be able to shell the port town and set it ablaze.

:huh: Go look for a psicologist.Quickly please  ;)

Can´t wait to see those land in  battles :wub: , fights in bahamas will be very entertaining with all those islands

• Attack someone near a shore battery spot and you will have to fight under battery fire (this will allow us to eliminate reinforcements button).

Does that mean, that you can destroy the battery when they are in the battle too?

I mean if, JUST IF, can you than conquere the port?

I can belive that you need the flag, but if the flag carrier gets dragged into a fight near the port and you destroy the battery (in THAT fight), does this than count as a port battle?

Does that mean, that you can destroy the battery when they are in the battle too?

I mean if, JUST IF, can you than conquere the port?

I can belive that you need the flag, but if the flag carrier gets dragged into a fight near the port and you destroy the battery (in THAT fight), does this than count as a port battle?

I´m quite sure that shore battery refers to coast defenses , not beating full port defense system   (i.e. you can spot such defense towers in south shore of Key West island).  Even if it is part of a port defense system beating one battery will not surrender you a full port.

Incredibly excited to see the actual map terrain in battles!  It's going to change the game entirely (for the better) as it will offer infinitely more opportunities for advanced strategy.  It will also help make port battles so much more meaningful since everyone one will be unique in some way.  It should also make them entertaining instead of the current placeholder that has been so badly abused.

Sparse info on this feature went out in the Russian forums so we must share it with everyone. 

We are working on the very big feature now which was taking 90% of the time for the devs and art team. The feature is in development in secret since October. 

We have taught the engine to pull the land from our procedural map into battles.

• If you attack a player in the hispaniola channel you will fight in the hispaniola channel.
  • If you attack a player in a narrow passage you will fight in a narrow passage.
  • Attack a player near land if wind blows towards land he will not escape.
  • Port battles harbors will be based on our map harbors making some ports extremely easy to capture and others impossible to capture.

This will change the gameplay completely and might ruin the game. Or will make it awesome. 

The feature is in internal testing as there a a lot of spawn problems to be solved. But it plays and feels epic. 

ETA Unknown but hopefully by mid spring it can be given in experimental build for testing. 

well cartagena de indias will be inexpugnable then