Game-Labs Forum

Link wanted - French 74 website with cross sections and crew pics

admin

Captains..

Some one posted the link some time ago on the website that featured a beautiful french 74 (or other lineship)
cross section with crew roles, beautiful pictures of every crew member and other interesting information.. 

Does anyone by any chance remember or know this link. Cant seem to be able to find it again.

One of the examples from the site - i saved a lot from the website but cannot find the link itself.

JsKGzjs.png

• Like 3

#25 icon_share.png hoarmurath

Knight Hospitaller

• photo-thumb-7056.jpg?_r=1420116467
  • Members
  • bullet_black.png
  • 243 posts
  • LocationVendée

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:44 AM

maturin, on 26 Aug 2015 - 01:26 AM, said:snapback.png

Sure, they would have enough men. On a 74-gun ship, tacking with your courses set requires an extra 58 men. With 293 hands required for the entire operation, that's an increase of 19%. So there would always be enough men, but clearly tacking with your courses and topgallants set would pull even more men from the guns. Basically you would need to be in "sailing mode."

I should note that even if you clew up the courses while tacking, you still have to handle all the tacks and sheets. It just won't be simultaneous with all the other parts of the evolution, so you can don't need men dedicated to that task exclusively.

And warships never sailed with fewer men by choice, so far as I know. They just couldn't find enough recruits, and in the Napoleonic Wars inevitably had complements that would put us in for steep handling penalties, were it Naval Action.

http://www.musee-mar...media/vieabord/

Number of guncaptains : 37...

Edited by hoarmurath, 26 August 2015 - 02:14 AM.

Was it this post?

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/6776-broadside-manning-and-demasting-from-being-in-irons/page-2

This is the whole topic

• Like 2