Game-Labs Forum
Uzii

The current blueprint drop mechanic needs adjusting. Thoughts?

364 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a revision of the random blueprint drop mechanic so that it is less luck based?

• Yes, the current system benefits very few people and needs to change.
    • No, it's fine as it is.

I'm only half that and so far nothing. Not even a traders brig.

Except that so many have had them I would think blueprints are a myth.

Blow me down....Mercury drop today off a fine Snow.

just started now crafting Cutter traders for exp and then selling them to the npc traders for more then what it caost to make them.  When i craft basic i get note drops now too wich is 150 hours free.   cant wait to make exceptional ones for bp drops now.

There's no point in knowing how to craft a Pickle when you can craft bigger ships.

Oh... if six fishermen boats can already be funny...what a mess six nicely built and equiped Pickels can do behind enemy lines jumping here and there...

The bigger the better syndrome limits the fun, but hey, open world open game :)

After the server crash and loss of my first trinco and third rate BP yesterday I done a trinco again after collecting all the craft hours needed.

The trinco ended up exactly like the one made yesterday, speed & 3+5 slots, the only difference is the repair price, new one costing 500 gold more but it ain't a problem, and also got again the third rate bp and as bonus a mid class craft note.

All in all beside the time lost waiting for craft hours to come back all ends well for me. ( if no server issue happens before tomorrow maintenance ) 

After the server crash and loss of my first trinco and third rate BP yesterday I done a trinco again after collecting all the craft hours needed.

The trinco ended up exactly like the one made yesterday, speed & 3+5 slots, the only difference is the repair price, new one costing 500 gold more but it ain't a problem, and also got again the third rate bp and as bonus a mid class craft note.

All in all beside the time lost waiting for craft hours to come back all ends well for me. ( if no server issue happens before tomorrow maintenance ) 

glad to see you got back the goods in a way...sorry that it took longer though.

Edited by Capt. Rice
  • Like 1

crafting gold ships at high lvl is almost guaranteed to get BP. 

confirmed. I crafted 3 exceptional ships since the patch, 1 x 3 BP, 1 x 2 BP, 1 x 1 BP

post-17819-0-58305700-1458247172_thumb.jpgpost-17819-0-72016000-1458247179_thumb.jpg

Only BP missing in my collection now is the Niagara. I guess I have to craft an exceptional Mercury next :)

(edit: with Essex ingame now, I need to craft a Frigate aftr that Mercury)

Edited by Jan van Santen
  • Like 1

Questions :

1.which level could give more chance to get Essex BP ?  craft a frigate  or craft a BellePoule at LV 41(all in Exceptional)

2.i craft a constitution at LV39(exceptional) , but give me nothing  :( , is that first craftting ship cause low chance to get BP? (my first craftting Cons)

thx mates wait u answers 

anyway,,..this is still a random drop system,..and someone become not a BP. Its only fair to everyone who wanna craft to able him to get a BP. That My Opinion. Learning Bp bei Craftlevel-

Nothing bad with a bit of chance, the problem is if you get truely bad luck and your 5% turns out that instead of 20 (statistically) tries you did 50 and have no result showing.

To dampen this, probably increase the percent change off a new blueprint by a few % with each attempt of a predecessor ship (increasing value the higher up the tree, since ships get pretty damn expensive and its easier to get 20 cerbs than 20 victory) will help  make sure that after some work you will get it very likely with each attempt, becoming guaranteed at a very far point. After all each attempt at something improves your understanding and experience in it and should make a transition to more complex works easier.

5% isn't anywhere close to what it is now.

I regularly get a BP from pretty much 1/2 the gold ships I build.

They swung that pendulum way to far the other way with the current change.

• Like 1

Here's a crazy idea, spend crafting XP to buy blueprints~

That is actually not a bad idea.

The change could/would require a wipe, but it would also mean that if you jumped servers, or the Devs did an asset/BP wipe, those players that had already made 50 would be able/required to earn XP again.

If they put a top end buffer above 50 for XP that was equal to the maximum cost of a BP, then top level crafters would automatically generate BPs periodically.

It would also get rid of the stupid behavior of needing to craft worthless ships just on the off chance of a BP drop.

Mechanically it could be a craft option that required you to use all the components normally used to make a specific ship, the same level as the ship itself, but the result gave you negative XP and the BP.

They could still use the drops, but tone them way back to the "holy crap I actually got a BP" values they used to be at.

What? I did more than 30 basic Privateers and 2 Gold ones.

No PICKLE BP  so far !!!

I have same issue no Pickle!

Also problem with getting resources together..

And low ship prices and no infinite lab hours and need more free ships and please can you make ships with 500 durability?

I have same issue no Pickle!

I got a Pickle BP first try when making a gold Cutter.

But I am still trying to get a Privateer BP, I have made several gray Lynxes, 2 gold Lynxes and over a dozen gray Traders Lynxes and haven't gotten one yet.  There seems to be some randomness involved and sometimes you just get unlucky.

no Ingermanland no new trade ship ,even 3 craftter in our clan , 4-6 exceptional frigate and Renomme crafted , anyone know what the flower the BP system working !

Do you HAVE to Craft an EXCEPTIONAL (GOLD) boat to get the BP's to drop? or does it increase the probability that 1 or more may drop?

Can you get a BP to drop with a LESSER grade boat build? (Basic, Common, Fine, Mastercraft)

Thanks,

-Yank

Do you HAVE to Craft an EXCEPTIONAL (GOLD) boat to get the BP's to drop? or does it increase the probability that 1 or more may drop?

Can you get a BP to drop with a LESSER grade boat build? (Basic, Common, Fine, Mastercraft)

Thanks,

-Yank

You can craft any quality, the probability just increases of as you increase quality, but there still is a chance you wont get a single BP even when level 50 and crafting an exceptional ship(albeit small)

This.

I am 38 level, and have received only 4 BP, one (Essex) in my first frigate and the others before the change of chances, BP Mercury from a NavyBrig, Surprise from Cerberus, and some trader from another one.

By now, I have made 5 gold Surprise in the last days 1 gold Mercury and 1 gold Cerberus with the result of 0 BP and 0 Crafting Notes.

, but there still is a chance you wont get a single BP even when level 50 and crafting an exceptional ship(albeit small)

That chance isn't so small. I am lvl 50 craft and have crafted 3 exceptional ships in a row w/o getting a single BP.

I think the BP dropchance for the new ships (LGV and Ing) is smaller than that for the older ships