Game-Labs Forum
Uzii

The current blueprint drop mechanic needs adjusting. Thoughts?

364 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a revision of the random blueprint drop mechanic so that it is less luck based?

• Yes, the current system benefits very few people and needs to change.
    • No, it's fine as it is.

The patch that overhauls this comes with a full asset wipe according secret whispers, so you might want to rush your crafting level.

This is all just rumours though...

The patch that overhauls this comes with a full asset wipe according secret whispers, so you might want to rush your crafting level.

By " full asset wipe " you mean all BP's  that may have dropped for the lucky ones ? ( or everything ?, a complete reset beside xp levels) 

Edited by Kanay

By full " full asset wipe " you mean all BP's  that may have dropped for the lucky ones ? ( or everything ?, a complete reset beside xp levels) 

I don't have any more details on this very rumory rumor.

• Like 1

I was thinking on how you could do blueprint development/discovery going forward, perhaps when you craft a frigate you learn between 5 and 10% of a ship blueprint, like you craft a frigate and it teaches you how to do the framing for a trinc, the minimum you get for each craft is 5% so the maximum number of frigates to get the whole blueprint is 20 and the minimum would be 10 frigates, you could have a UI with the ship blueprint and it builds up as you gain more knowledge in that ship.

I like Krakken's idea, where you need various pieces to put the whole BP together. If the pieces can be traded, that would also lead to an increase in players interacting and cooperating which is good for the game.

I've given it more thought and I don't really mind the BP mechanic. I do like how it makes some ships more rare and desirable than others.

My problem with current blueprint system is no-brainer and all relays on pure luck/RNG. I'm glad it's being addressed by developers and changed in upcoming patch. 

It'd be more interesting if chance of getting new BP would increase every time when you break a ship. You basically strip ship into parts and learn how's been built. As someone mention: collecting parts of blueprint is also an option.

I've given it more thought and I don't really mind the BP mechanic. I do like how it makes some ships more rare and desirable than others.

Congratulations on your Trinc / Bellona / Pavel BP.

• Like 1

Congratulations on your Trinc / Bellona / Pavel BP.

I found that amusing :D

Myself, ive lvled all the way up to 40 now and not a single BP. Not even one!

So yes, this new craftinglvl requirement will be interesting and a nice change!

I finally received something, got the Surprise few days ago after doing another Cerberus, well it's something even if it won't help much with crafting progression now that i am close to reach the lvl 40 and still can only do Frigates at best...

Seems like maybe today the big patch will be deployed, the 150mn server maintenance seems to indicate it at least, will see what it will change for craft if it's the long awaited patch and if the craft changes made it into this one.

Edited by Kanay

working as intended or just bug? I thought 1st rate ships supposed to be very rare

SlNwMdV.png

1. congrats

2. they improved the chance now with higher crafting level and ship quality.

Is anyone else finding that the availablity of med notes is horrific? I'm not sure I like the way the new notes mechanic works

Is anyone else finding that the availablity of med notes is horrific? I'm not sure I like the way the new notes mechanic works

you can make them from silver 

you can make them from silver 

I know how to make them, and while I am very pleased with the update its just that silver seems something that players don't have proper supply runs set up for yet, I personally prefer to buy my notes but the crafting level has restricted that and I need to assess where to actually get my hands on silver. but for the short term, to me the biggest kick in the teeth is I have a good backlog of high notes which are now useless to me for a while until I get better blueprints dropping, which kind of traps me in a funny situation where I am a little stuck without the investment of about 2000 craft hours for some notes to make a few ships.

Edited by Fluffy Fishy

Current BP drop is just insane. Everyone get their 1st rate ships bp very quick, this will lead into spam

but now it hard to make them where it was vise-versa the other week...

So after the current patch i guess care bears 1 : 0 hardcore gamers. Seriously though with the current drop rate of blue prints developers should just scrap the entire concept and remake crafting. After the patch 3 crafters including myself made 3 gold bellonas, all 3 of us got victory and santisima BP's on one craft... This just made crafting a monotonic, boring chore, with nothing to look for and without the thrill of getting a new ship BP. not to mention that at the current rate there will be no diversity in ships since everyone and their grandmother will be able to craft the best possible ship of the tier.

• Like 1

everyone and their grandmother will be able to craft the best possible ship of the tier.

only for those crafters that have their supply lines set up, sub-crafters making carriages, sub-crafters making notes, and later on cannons. Even then it still takes time to build these ships...if they had all the raw materials it would still take 1 guy with level 50 a week to completely build an exceptional Santisima

• Like 1

can it be that the rng bp drop system is shared how many crafter gives in a nation? someone are spamming bp's like insane and other one are on higher or lower lvl and become not a one bp? As i was on spain side on PVP 3 i get one bp after one,..and on the Spain nation are very low player  crafters , perhaps 2 or 3 . And normal players was also very low. aND NOW IAM AN pvp  3 on the dutch nation . and there are very much crafters , many who is spamming bp's like insane. And i got not a one bp. Can that be ?

only for those crafters that have their supply lines set up, sub-crafters making carriages, sub-crafters making notes, and later on cannons. Even then it still takes time to build these ships...if they had all the raw materials it would still take 1 guy with level 50 a week to completely build an exceptional Santisima

Im not arguing about the time it will take to craft a ship, but the fact that every recipe has 100% drop chance now if you craft a gold quality ship and have the required level, meaning diversity of ships will diminish by a fuck ton. Why would any Post Captain sail a frigate or a belle if every crafter can make a Trinc ? With the current system and easy access to all ship recipes, regardless of how many ships they will introduce into the game, people will always choose the cookie cutter ship of that tier.