Game-Labs Forum

The Hopefully Comprehensive List of Ships Ingame and in Development

Now we have Dutch, Dane, Swed, and US captains sailing Brit, Spanish, and French 1st rates to cap deep water ports. Even though the Dutch, Danes, Sweds, & US did not make a true first rate is it the end of the world if the Dev's took one of those 15 90 to 95 guns ships and added an extra 5 to 10 guns to it? Or kept the 90 to 95 and upped the 2nd decks poundage to get a similar broad side weight as the other 1st rates? And hasn't that already been done on some ships we already have in game? And if that small change is not okay for game play reasons then why the hell is magical officer perks and ship mods okay?

My guess for the Dutch ship "upgraded" to a first rate is the De Ruyter. hehe

Edited by Isink A Lot

So you say there are 2 3rd rates in development, have there been any hints to what they might be or roughly how many guns they might have, I do hope we are due some smaller 3rd rates similar sized to Agamemnon.

Now we have Dutch, Dane, Swed, and US captains sailing Brit, Spanish, and French 1st rates to cap deep water ports. Even though the Dutch, Danes, Sweds, & US did not make a true first rate is it the end of the world if the Dev's took one of those 15 90 to 95 guns ships and added an extra 5 to 10 guns to it? Or kept the 90 to 95 and upped the 2nd decks poundage to get a similar broad side weight as the other 1st rates? And hasn't that already been done on some ships we already have in game? And if that small change is not okay for game play reasons then why the hell is magical officer perks and ship mods okay?

My guess for the Dutch ship "upgraded" to a first rate is the De Ruyter. hehe

Not that my opinion really counts for anything but I personally despise the devs taking artistic liberty to ships for balance. There is nothing wrong with a Dutch, Dane, Swede or US player piloting a foreign designed 1st rate. I would much rather see equality of opportunity for all nations to sail what ever ships they please, its a much nicer outcome than bastardising more designs. While I am still impressed by the workmanship and time it has taken someone to model into the game, with all due respect the extra 10 guns they gave the Bucentaure just really frustrates me, id much prefer to see the true design but the ability for whoever to sail it. The Game should celebrate the chosen naval designs of each nation, they had reasons for picking the architecture they chose, pretending a ship is bigger or smaller than it was just insults the history and detail the game has going for it.

Edited by Fluffy Fishy

So you say there are 2 3rd rates in development, have there been any hints to what they might be or roughly how many guns they might have, I do hope we are due some smaller 3rd rates similar sized to Agamemnon.

I know of absolutely no details being mentioned about them. Maybe someone else has read something that I haven't, but you'd think if that was the case, people would be talking about it. All I know is Admin said that one time that there were two 3rd rates in development.

Edited by Arvenski

Not that my opinion really counts for anything but I personally despise the devs taking artistic liberty to ships for balance. There is nothing wrong with a Dutch, Dane, Swede or US player piloting a foreign designed 1st rate. I would much rather see equality of opportunity for all nations to sail what ever ships they please, its a much nicer outcome than bastardising more designs. While I am still impressed by the workmanship and time it has taken someone to model into the game, with all due respect the extra 10 guns they gave the Bucentaure just really frustrates me, id much prefer to see the true design but the ability for whoever to sail it. The Game should celebrate the chosen naval designs of each nation, they had reasons for picking the architecture they chose, pretending a ship is bigger or smaller than it was just insults the history and detail the game has going for it.

To comment on the Bucentaure, Historically she actually carried 86 guns(although she was rated an 80 gunner), So really she has only 2 extra guns.

No nation will have nation specific ships.

What will happen is that regions procude a good you need to build a specific ship.

Lets say your regio produces tea. You will need tea to build Victories.

That means you will have to acquire tea. Trade, smuggle or capture such a region which produces it.

There will never be a ship restricted to a nation.

Now that that is out of the way I hope the devs stick to reality.

The rattle heavy I hope is a unicorn feature. (totally overloaden ship O_o)

__

Dutch 1st rate?

I begin to think thats a faulty information ;)

maybe they want to begin a hypetrain for dutch ships^^

Who knows?..

There are a few rates beauties in the shipyard. 7 provincien. chattam, vriijheit (spedded that right?) etc..

And some of the dutch 5th rate SoLs sure look magnificient

What will happen is that regions procude a good you need to build a specific ship.

That means you will have to acquire tea. Trade, smuggle or capture such a region which produces it.

__

Dutch 1st rate?

Who knows?..

There are a few rates beauties in the shipyard. 7 provincien. chattam, vriijheit (spedded that right?) etc..

Well first of all Vrijheid not Vriijheit and there is only one Dutch Ship who probaly carried more than 96 guns is the Eendragt 1703, but she in the list of being in the navy but her service is questioned. what might be the case for the Dutch is that people maybe mixed up the ratinsystems of the Dutch and English

Dutch rating system:

First Charter 80+

Second Charter 70-78

Third Charter 60-68

Fourth Charter 50-58

Fifth Charter 40-48

Sixth Charter 32-44

and the English used:

1 rate 100+

2 rate 84-99

3 rate 64-84

4 rate 50-64

5 rate 30-50

6 rate 10-30

but they never had a really consistend rating system.

that a side

When i did my part on the 7 Provinciën 1782 only than i realised how heavily armed the Dutch ships were. if the devs used the national pound instead the british the Prins Mauritsclass 74 gun Sol would have a rough broadsideweight of 1020 pound in game terms it would be placed just below the ingame 82 gun St Pavel with 1038 pdr which would mean that a dutch first Charter would have an almost equal broadside weight with some first rates like the Victory and the L'Ocean despite having less guns than them. but in game terms they would have between 30 to 200 pound difference between a Dutch who is one rate lower than of other country's at maximum depending on the amount of guns and pounds. example a Dutch 3 rate and a 2nd rate of other country's

• Like 3

To comment on the Bucentaure, Historically she actually carried 86 guns(although she was rated an 80 gunner), So really she has only 2 extra guns.

From the information I have the plan I have fairly clearly labels it as 80 guns, I am aware of 3 ships in the class that did have 86 guns but that's 4 extra not 2. Diademe, Magnifique and Centaure all seem to have 86 where are the others all have 80. Wiki (that great source of quality information) labels the class as an 80 line, Maybe I am being a filthy pedant and should relax and enjoy the game more but it just doesnt sit right with me that the most famous of the 80 gun class historically has been given an extra 10 guns in the game. If there was time and space for a 90 gun ship in the game, its a shame that a proper 90 gun ship wasn't picked. But what's done is done and whoever modelled her has done a really nice job, I just wish we could cut out the middle and glue it back together :D

__

Dutch 1st rate?

Who knows?..

I don't believe it will be as dynamic as the devs might think it to be. I have done enough testing in a few games to know that it will be a pretty damned hard thing to balance properly. What will happen is it will limit the capability of some nations while allowing others to expand much more easily, especially as national goods are fairly subjected to being near national capitals, which due to the nature of the PVP game tends to be enveloped in a big blob of a nations held ports nearby. I do hope it is a success but it does worry me how they plan to place the soft restrictions. There does need to be something done about the availability of first rates but I'm not sure this is quite the answer.

Back on topic I would gladly join the hype train, its about time we saw some dutch ships, how on earth are they meant to guard their coffee beans at the moment? I am a big fan of the smaller sized rating system, people care too much about the huge battleships where the real fun and action is in the large frigates and small SOLs. So where do I sign up to this hype train? I assume the faction is being lead by Steelsandwich.

Edited by Fluffy Fishy
  • Like 1

Well first off, in game the bucentaure has 88 guns, so in game they have armed the briddle ports IIRC which would not be armed IRL. 2nd off here are some sources stating 86 guns:

http://threedecks.org/index.php?display_type=show_ship&id=1940

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_ship_Bucentaure_(1803) (do note that it says 80 guns, and she was rated 80 guns however do note that if you actually count up the guns it comes up to 86(30+32+18+6 = 86))

• Like 1

I think one of the 3rd rates in developement is "El Montañés", an amazing spanish 3rd rate

Well first off, in game the bucentaure has 88 guns, so in game they have armed the briddle ports IIRC which would not be armed IRL. 2nd off here are some sources stating 86 guns:

http://threedecks.org/index.php?display_type=show_ship&id=1940

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_ship_Bucentaure_(1803) (do note that it says 80 guns, and she was rated 80 guns however do note that if you actually count up the guns it comes up to 86(30+32+18+6 = 86))

Thanks for clearing it up but interestingly Threedecks names her as 86 but only accounts for 80 guns.

I think one of the 3rd rates in developement is "El Montañés", an amazing spanish 3rd rate

Is it just a hunch or is it something you based off evidence? If so what evidence have you found :)

Edited by Fluffy Fishy

"Two 3rd rates in development" means something like: Agamemnon and Wapen von Hamburg III.

Wapen von Hamburg III has many guns to fit in English 3rd rate classification or 4th rate.

It is a "convoy ship", something like a fortress with sails and it could be 4th or 3rd rate.

Christian IIV could be 2nd according to English or 1st using Dutch rating system. 

and yes, there are other ships in production ;)

"Two 3rd rates in development" means something like: Agamemnon and Wapen von Hamburg III.

Wapen von Hamburg III has many guns to fit in English 3rd rate classification or 4th rate.

It is a "convoy ship", something like a fortress with sails and it could be 4th or 3rd rate.

Christian IIV could be 2nd according to English or 1st using Dutch rating system. 

Agammenon is a 4th rate, isn´t it?

Good, now I expect you to also champion for the removal of ship mods and officers perks as they are a contrived fantasy and nothing more the World of Warcraft magic spells as it insults the history and detail!

__

Dutch 1st rate?

Who knows?..

No one every said they would be by game mechanics limited by the nation you chose to play, however with a National material needed to construct them they WILL become one by game play. National materials are in regional ports, regional ports are 1st rate PB ports. Nation A has a first rate BP and more than one Regional port for its material, Nation B has the 1st rate BP but no regional port. Nation B must  "smuggle" enough of the matts to make 25 first rates to try and cap one of the regional ports. Meanwhile Nation A does not, hell they don't even have to travel as far to get them in the first place, and they start making 1st rates at a rate Nation B can not even dream of. Now even if Nation B wins the first PB for that regional port they will not be able to sustain the 1st rate production for that ship to keep it from Nation A. Trying to make Nation A's 1st rate will become a futile endeavor that will lead to Nation B to stop trying. Players that want to sail a 1st rate and fight in regional port battles will then leave Nation B to go to Nation A, C, or D that has a 1st rate with their own national material. This will lead to a map controlled by three Nations that have a 1st rate with their own national material in game, because they will be the only ones with 1st rates to fight for a region. And if those 3 nations are allied, what fun will that be? It will happen and if you don't think so I have to ask have you ever played a MMO before? Players will always go for the easier rout to get what they want!

So you are confirming that the Christian IIV will indeed be the Dane/Sweden 1st rate? See below why it should remain a 2nd rate unless you up a gun deck size.

Agememnon is a 3rd rate which will be classified as a 4thrate ingame IIRC.

How about we drop the rate systems of the real world? I mean for this games purpose it really only matters what the game rates it as, and what type of port battle it can get into. Here's an idea why don't we change the in game rate system to be based on broadside weight instead of real world or gun count rate systems. OTMatt had a post http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/13912-ship-list-with-broadside-weight/?p=255889 of broadside weights for ships. Looking at only the ships in game what would the cut offs be for the 7 rates we have?

Using OTMatts numbers I think the ships should be rated as such.

1st = 1,290lb+

140-Gun Santisima Trinidad

34x 9 Pounders = 306

36x 12 Pounders = 432

34x 24 Pounders = 816

34x 42 pounders = 1,428

Broadside Weight: = 2,982 / 2 = 1,491lb

118-Gun Ocean

18x 9 Pounders = 162

34x 12 Pounders = 408

34x 24 Pounders = 816

32x 42 Pounders = 1,344

Broadside Weight: = 2,730 / 2 = 1,365lb

106-Gun HMS Victory

14x 12 Pounders = 168

30x 12 Pounders = 360

30x 24 Pounders = 720

32x 42 Pounders = 1,344

Broadside Weight: = 2,592 / 2 = 1,296lb

90-Gun Admiraal de Ruyter (not in game but we know it is coming) LOOK A DUTCH IN GAME RATED 1st RATE!

30x 12 Pounders = 360

30x 32 Pounders = 960

30x 42 Pounders = 1,260

Broadside Weight: = 2,580 / 2 = 1,290lb

2nd = 1,000 to 1,289lb

82-Gun St. Pavel

4x 6 Pounders = 24

20x 6 Pounders = 120

28x 24 Pounders = 672

30x 42 Pounders = 1,260

Broadside Weight:  = 2,076 / 2 = 1,038lb

90-Gun Christian VII (not in game but we know it is coming)

8x 6 Pounders = 48

26x 12 Pounders = 312

28x 18 Pounders = 504

28x 42 Pounders = 1,176

Broadside Weight: = 2,040 /2 = 1,020lb

80-Gun Le Bucentaure

18x 12 Pounders = 216

32x 24 Pounders = 768

30x 42 Pounders = 1,260

Broadside Weight: = 2,244 / 2 = 1,122lb

3rd  = 651 to 999lb

74-Gun HMS Bellona

18x 9 Pounders = 162

28x 18 Pounders = 504

28x 32 Pounders = 896

Broadside Weight:  = 1,562 / 2 = 781lb

74-Gun 3rd Rate

18 x 9 Pounders = 162

28 x 18 Pounders = 504

28 x 24 Pounders = 672

Broadside Weight:  = 1,338 / 2 = 669lb

4th = 451 to 650lb

62-Gun Ingermanland

14x 6 Pounders = 84

24x 18 Pounders = 432

24x 32 Pounders = 768

Broadside Weight: = 1,284 / 2 = 642lb

54-Gun USS Constitution

24x 12 Pounders = 288

30x 24 Pounders = 720

Broadside Weight: = 1,008 / 2 = 504lb

70-Gun Wapen Von Hamburg III (not in game but we know it is coming)

22x 6 Pounders = 132

24x 12 Pounders = 288

24x 18 Pounders = 432

Broadside Weight:  = 852 / 2 = 462lb

64-Gun Agamemnon

12 x 9 Pounders = 108

26 x 18 Pounders = 468

26 x 24 Pounders = 624

Broadside Weight  = 1,200 / 2 = 600lb

5th = 201 to 450lb

50-Gun HMS Trincomalee

22x9 Pounders = 198

28x 18 Pounders = 504

Broadside Weight: = 702 / 2 = 351lb

40-Gun Essex

12x 12 Pounders = 144

28x 18 Pounders = 504

Broadside Weight: = 648 / 2 = 324lb

38-Gun Frigate

12 x 6 Pounders = 72

26 x 18 Pounders = 468

Broadside Weight: = 540 / 2 = 270lb

6th = 121 to 200lb

38-Gun Belle Poule

10x 6 Pounders = 60

28x 12 Pounders = 336

Broadside Weight: = 396 / 2 = 198lb

38-Gun HMS Surprise

14x 6 Pounders = 84

24x 9 Pounders = 216

Broadside Weight: = 300 / 2 = 150lb

30-Gun Renommee

4x 6 Pounders = 24

26x 9 Pounders = 234

Broadside Weight: = 258 / 2 = 129lb

7th = 0 to 120lb

26-Gun Cerberus - Non PB Ship

26 x 9 Pounders = 234

Broadside Weight: = 234 / 2 = 117lb

20-Gun Niagara - Non PB Ship

20x 9 Pounders = 180

Broadside Weight: 90lb

18-Gun Rattlesnake Heavy (what the heck is this)

10 x 6 Pounders = 60

18x 6 Pounders = 108

Broadside Weight: = 168 / 2 = 84lb

22-Gun Snow

6x 6 Pounders = 36

16x 6 Pounders = 96

Broadside Weight: = 132 / 2 = 66lb

20-Gun Mercury

20x 6 Pounders = 120

Broadside Weight: = 60lb

18-Gun Navy Brig

18x 6 Pounders = 108

Broadside Weight: = 54lb

18-Gun Rattlesnake

18x 6 Pounders = 108

Broadside Weight: = 54lb

16-Gun Brig

16x 6 Pounders = 96

Broadside Weight: = 48lb.

12-Gun Pickle

12x 6 Pounders = 72

Broadside Weight: = 36lb

12-Gun Privateer

12x 6 Pounders = 72

12-Gun Cutter

12x 6 Pounders = 72

12-Gun Yacht

12x 6 Pounders = 72

8-Gun USS Lynx

8x 6 Pounders = 48

Broadside Weight: 24lb

Edited by Isink A Lot
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

Updated for Indefatigable and Endymion. You can repay me by providing screenshots of the new ships; I've waited for ages to see the Indefatigable in-game. :P

I got 2 atleast and gave 4 away and 2 sold to npc(fir) they are nice and sturdy ships on par with a connie

Okay, I've updated the lists to include Christian VII and Diana, the apparent winners of the Player Ship Selection poll. I'll update it again when we know the developers' wild card choice.

1) Christian VII.

2) Diana.

WC : Wasa

I think it was Wasa or Diana - need to check

From : http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/8340-player-ship-selection-1st-half-2016-final-poll/?p=157202

Wasa (1778, Swedish 60-gun ship)

Wasa was built at the Karlskrona shipyard after Fredrik Chapman's innovative drawing. She was powerful enough to withstand line fighting and shallow enough to support coastal operations in the Baltic Sea. Wasa fought atthe Battle of Hogland during the Russo-Swedish War of 1788, was sold to the Swedish East India Company for a trip to China, and bought back by the Swedish Navy. The Wasa class comprised 10 ships-of-the-line based on her design. Pictures / 3-Decks / Swedish Wiki

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

@Intrepido

If you refer to this thread/ post?:

I must dusappoint you - I never send this vessel in to the devs nor did I get any words from them.

I do my models in hope to have them ingame at some point or latern. And in fact there is one vessel I made the hull for the game which is coming this year. But other than that there are plenty of ships in the devs' queue. Some are leaked, actually.

de ruyter is not a confirmed model for the game.

@Alado

The Admiraal aint no wooper Hamburger. If by that you mean a big ass ugly duckling?

Shes a big ship - sure but not ugly

You will never find me confirm any ships I know of outside of the forum. I am just not giving any info on such vessels.

So you will never get a clear answer out of me. Maybe others are clear but I wont share any knowledge I might have in advance to the playerbase

You asked bevore so you should know (or remember). Wasa should come this year. Sometime.. hopefully..