Game-Labs Forum

The Hopefully Comprehensive List of Ships Ingame and in Development

I'll update the OP to show that these ships have been released. I'm not sure how I feel about these ships being event rewards: I mean, if the events are fairly straightforward and easy for anyone to complete, it might not make much difference. On the other hand, if the events are going to be hard so that these ships will be 'rare', I think that's a bad idea, because the main lineup of ships could've used these additions. Also, devs begging for Steam ratings like YouTubers begging for likes & subs. Ugh.  

Players ask for features and ships we ask for reviews - Fair and honest trade.

We never asked for positive reviews. We never asked for the reviews at all. it was finally time to ask players to vote their opinion no matter what their opinion is. 

Perhaps you should leave your review and move on - if you don't like the game or our direct approach (a two way street with players) you definitely should say it there. 

• Like 2

I have written a lot of reviews and tried to attract a bit of attention to the game, does this mean you will reward me by putting Fama (1784) in the game for me please :P La Muiron (1797) or Carolina (1808) are also Acceptable ;)

Edited by Fluffy Fishy
  • Like 1

Players ask for features and ships we ask for reviews - Fair and honest trade.

We never asked for positive reviews. We never asked for the reviews at all. it was finally time to ask players to vote their opinion no matter what their opinion is. 

Perhaps you should leave your review and move on - if you don't like the game or our direct approach (a two way street with players) you definitely should say it there. 

What I mean is, it reminds me of a YouTuber saying something like "If this video gets 300 likes, I'll make another." Perhaps it is a fair trade, with the way you describe it, but it's not something I expected to hear from professional game developers.

Edited by Arvenski

Thanks for the info. I've maybe misinterpreted the announcement and assumed that she is already ready :)

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

admin, on 01 Sept 2016 - 04:18 AM, said:snapback.png

Experimental hot fix deployed today

3) Regional changes implemented for vessels as an experiment that will spread to other high ranked vessels

• Victory - requires british national good to construct - removed until regions are introduced
  • Santisima - requires spanish national goods to construct - removed until regions are introduced
  • Ocean - requires french national goods to construct
  • When introduced - Christian first rate will require Danish/Swedish national goods to construct
  • When introduced - Dutch first rate will require Dutch national resources
  • Second rates are under consideration

This is done as an experiment to see if regional changes will create more variety in large scale port battles, making national choices more interesting. 

UPDATE (H. Darby): The Regional Changes for vessels will be rolled back in a hotfix tomorrow only for existing first rates (L'Ocean will still require national resources).  Bear in mind that this change will be made in the future when trade routes are more correctly established/balanced and more ships are in the game.  In the future, Exceptional ships will be rare, first rates will be rare and hard to build. Many vessels will require you to conduct economic warfare to be able to build them. 

Exact post from Admin later in this thread: 

Per Admin's statement here the Christian VII is a first rate for both Danish and Sweden. Not a second as you have listed. Maybe they are modeling the up gunned version?

Admin called the ship "Christian first rate". As long as that wasn't a mistake or there is another ship called "Christian" I think it's pretty clear that it is at least considered to be introduced as a first rate.

More interesting: what ship will be the Dutch first rate?

Edited by Chimera

Are you sure? Its strange they didnt build one.

Yes, im sure.

There has been 1 vessal recorded in Dutch sailing history with an armament of 100+ guns: Eendragt (1703).

There are sources that even doubt she existed, irregardless the dutch did build 15 threedeckers at the end of the 17th century.

These 15 vessels are the biggest the dutch navy has every produced and carried around 85-95 guns respectively.

They were deemed ill-constructed and unsuitable for our navy.

Due to shallow there was no need nor usage for vessels of that size. (first rates)

They are probably refeering to the 80-90 guns ships from the bottom of this post: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/7683-dutch-ship-collection-with-plans/?p=135252

I'd really like it if the game was more about 3rd and 2nd rate fleets with a few 1rst here and there. That would not place nations without 1rst rate at such a disadvantage.

Edited by Serk
  • Like 1

I'd really like it if the game was more about 3rd and 2nd rate fleets with a few 1rst here and there. That would not place nations without 1rst rate at such a disadvantage.

One way to do that was if some deep water port battles, while they would allow first rates, would be too shallow for them.  This way nations that specialized in shallow water ships would have an advantage in some deep water port battles while they would be disadvantaged at others.