Game-Labs Forum

The Hopefully Comprehensive List of Ships Ingame and in Development

Almost forgot to mention that I've updated the thread: Ingermanland and Le Grosse Ventre and now properly listed, since they've been released, and I've added Agamemnon to the ships in development, since Mirones confirmed her to be in development (and we basically knew, already). I haven't added the Kepler to the list yet, because I'm doing this in little bits while I should be writing school essays. :P

There are only 5 US ships in game.  Navy Brig is reskin of Brig, and Privateer is a reskin of Lynx.  Just like 3rd Rate isn't listed twice for the Brits, even though it is a reskin of the Bellona.

Kepler is in development and a razee of the Pavel.

Christian 7 is rumored to be in development.  It is in the game files anyway, no confirmation though.

There are only 5 US ships in game.  Navy Brig is reskin of Brig, and Privateer is a reskin of Lynx.  Just like 3rd Rate isn't listed twice for the Brits, even though it is a reskin of the Bellona.

Kepler is in development and a razee of the Pavel.

Christian 7 is rumored to be in development.  It is in the game files anyway, no confirmation though.

1.) Alright, fair point, I guess. I'll edit that. 

2.) I'm aware of the bloody Kepler, I just haven't gotten around to including her yet. EDIT: Kepler's been included in the list. 

3.) If it isn't confirmed, I'm not listing it in the OP. However, let's hope the Ship Selection Poll confirms it soon enough. :P

Edited by Arvenski

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wonder if we would have the same outcome of the latest ship poll if we knew then that Ports would be busted into 3 types with 4th rates and down now being the most prolific port type in game? Kinda of make the Christian VII and the other 3 in development 2nd rates a waste if you ask me. Hope the Devs chose the Venus or the Wasa (if it is considered a 4th rate) as they are more appealing then the Christian VII with new PB limits.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought as much. Okay, so what nationality should I list her as? Would she be Swedish, if she's a Chapman design?

Also, I know it was mentioned that the devs were having trouble getting the plans for the Amsterdam. Is this Indiaman what the devs ended up going with instead, since they couldn't find the Amsterdam's plans, or was this one of the other traders "possibly" in development, and are we still going to get the Amsterdam later? I know you probably won't want to answer this (:P), but I'd like to know. 

Edited by Arvenski

This is a really good list, somehow I haven't found it before, perhaps I need to look more deeply into the happiness chest that is the NA forums. it does kind of draw attention to the sadness there are no Italian ships at all, its a real shame, partly because there seems much less documentation and imperialism in the time period but still it would be nice to see a couple make their appearance, personally, as you might tell from my signature I would do anything to see the Fama and La Muiron in the game, they are just very interesting designs and ships, although I am not holding my breath :D.

• 2 weeks later...

I know, but since they said that the Indiaman was a player voted ship, they are not working on the Amsterdam because it was the only merchant ship to win a player poll.

Edit:  To put it another way, because they could not find plans for the Amsterdam, they decided to add the Indiaman instead.

Edited by Zeekoning

• 1 month later...

There's been some talk about it by staff members. No huge posts or reveals, but enough to understand that it's being worked on. For instance, in the OP (under "Sources"), I've quoted a post by Mirones that says that we'll be able to razee an Agamemnon to get an Indefatigable. 

That's a good question, actually. I suppose I took a wild guess at how many guns she might carry. Although, now that you mention it, she could end up being a 4th-rate like the Constitution. (On a similar note, I just saw that this thread says that Kepler's gun deck is the same length as that of the Consti. Hmm.) 

edit: This is where I must've gotten the number of guns from. I'd completely forgotten about it:

V3hV2Frm.png

zCw6Fz9.png

36 gun ports.

Edited by Arvenski

Definitely at least a 4th rate in game terms.   Possibly even 3rd rate if they also make up unrealistic armament (e.g. leaving 24pdrs on new weatherdecks).  Fantasy ships will have to be arbitrarily rated. Simply counting guns would result in distortions.

Definitely at least a 4th rate in game terms.   Possibly even 3rd rate if they also make up unrealistic armament (e.g. leaving 24pdrs on new weatherdecks).  Fantasy ships will have to be arbitrarily rated.

See my edit above.

No need to be an ass, Intrepido. (I know, I'm one to talk sometimes. :P) I agree that El Montañés would be a nice ship to see in-game, but as far as I know we don't have any indication that she's in development.