Game-Labs Forum

Custom Battles Unlocks

Maus

Is there a way to unlock all of the custom battles without playing them first in the campaign? There are over 80 scenarios, but because I generally do well in the campaign, I tend to end up repeating a set of the same ones. I only have 11 unlocked for custom battles, and the first hardly counts. I don't want to have to play the game and purposefully lose or draw battles in hopes of being able to unlock one I have not seen before. Time is too valuable to spend doing that sort of thing.

Until various achievement unlocks are available there is currently no other way to unlock battles. Further bug fixes and improvements will make possible to unlock more battles as you play vs different AI opponents as outcomes should vary a lot, or the battle will continue correctly in cases now it does not.

• 2 months later...

Let me get this straight,,I have played the game thru(Full Campaign) 3-4 times hardest difficulty (Determined), mind you only with the CSA. I have 21 custom battles unlocked, out of 73.(if my counting is correct).

Custom Battles:

N.T-You said: Until various achievement unlocks are available there is currently no other way to unlock Battles . Further bug fixes and improvements will make possible to unlock more Battles... 

So is there no way to get more unlocks till the above is fixed? This was said in June/20th.?

I realize this is EA, I see there is no achievements so far. Does this mean I will have to wait till more bug fixes are rolled out?

I assume all of the current named scenarios are presently unlockable, I just suspect the requirements will be fairly long and complicated. For instance, I'm on 39 unlocked.

My method for unlocking most of these has been:

1:The easiest way to unlock a bunch of new ones is literally to do nothing. Start a battle and just background the game. That is likely to be a result you hadn't played before, as usually you'd be able to push the AI back somewhat.

2. The second easiest is to withdraw from your troops off your starting VP(s), and then background the game. If you hold more than 1 VP, it probably means you'll have to come back to that mission and try losing all possible combinations of points. The first one that pops into my head for this Cofederates hold Seminary, Cemetry Hill and Culp's Hill, and are pushing south to attack Cemetry Ridge (I think). There are possible outcomes from most, if not all, possible pairings of losing points.

Hmmmm, sounds like a convoluted way of getting more Custom Battle unlocks. I am not a fan of backgrounding game.
Losing Points/Retreating from Captured VP's etc. I believe I will just wait till a fix is implemented.
I want to unlock Battles for winning Battles. I thought that if I played(Custom Battle/Main Battles),this would
than give me more Unlocks.

But as Nick Thomadis said They are working on Bug fixes/Achievements for the Custome Battle Unlocks to work properly.
I will wait, But thx for your ideas/workaround for this temporary problem, Elvin.
Time to get into Multiplayer now that I have >50 hrs. playing offline, n getting use to the controls/interface.

...Cheers

Hi Watkins! Nick stated that there is currently no other way to unlock the custom battles. You can still unlock the custom battles by playing them first in campaign. Another way to do it, is to select different scenarios in decision room that will lead you in different battles. This will change soon and the custom battles will be unlocked easier.

But is there a campaign tree available, at least  in terms of general paths?  It is not nearly as clear as it should be which listed scenario is the one you recently played in campaign, or which option you should choose to unlock a particular named scenario - some names are at best hints.