Game-Labs Forum

Did you ever use ship report letter info?

I think those info, which contains in SRL, is useless because of few reasons:

Place: it always somewhere far from you

Time: its always to late

Use: You never know how many enemy was spotted. Just one random name

But what you say?

Poll removed by mod team for being non-essential to the discussion.

• Like 1

It is a placeholder. I can imagine a few mechanics coming up in the future where they become useful. Let's wait.

I usually read them to check any players around the flotilla área of intervention, seldom share them on chat though.

• Like 2

In this form they were useful when online was low in early testing - and shown to people that something was happening in the world:)

Original design was to show 3 ships with the most expensive cargo and their last known location, but again no-one was carrying expensive cargo those days (well perhaps coffers of tea and muskets)

In this form they were useful when online was low in early testing - and shown to people that something was happening in the world:)

Original design was to show 3 ships with the most expensive cargo and their last known location, but again no-one was carrying expensive cargo those days (well perhaps coffers of tea and muskets)

Perhaps, some messages could bring new life to ship report letter?

For example like this:

GBR begin attack on port X 1 min ago.

It could make SRL priceless.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone else NOT able to read the letters when they are posted into Chat?  the pop up comes for all other items posted... only the ships report does not work for me.

I do often, i think its because the chat window is to small, so make it bigger.

anyone else NOT able to read the letters when they are posted into Chat?  the pop up comes for all other items posted... only the ships report does not work for me.

If the player deletes the letter after sending to chat, you ( everyone ) cannot see the pop up.

• 1 month later...

Ahoy ye Sailors

I have seen them and read them did not really know what it meant tho, but now I know better.

A better use for them, might be when all is said and done that they provide us with information of where the Spanish treasure fleet currently is at or might be heading too, so that me and my clan mates can intercept it and way lay it and make off with the special treasures and Silver they would be carrying, which just might help me finish my First Rate, I'm busy building or help me too reach that next rank due to the exp gained and so or direct me to the buried treasure of one said Capt Flint or who ever.

Yours truly

Sir Oliver Tressillian

May yer anchor be tight, yer cork be loose, yer rum be spiced, yer compass be true and may yer guns be loaded for the problem is not the problem, the problem is yer attitude about the problem.