Game-Labs Forum

News from the North

Johny Reb

Well actually we have nothing to offer, only our ***... but you are right, spanish diplo can be strange sometimes lol.

Well I hope your on board with this Siegfried. I will say that the diplomacy is not about paying anyone anything. Its about coming up with a mutual arrangement that benefits both. The question is will the bulk of the Spanish support the endeavors of this growing group to broker a peace arrangement. If you all support the general goal of the negotiations then we can get more detailed in the future about what you can gain by it and vice versa.

The representatives that approached us are now holding out the olive branch and we are willing to take it but only if they can build support within the greater part of your nation. I wish them luck.

• Like 3

Personally, Id support only if we gets back the gulf of Mexico (including the islands) and north Cuba, and USA doesnt continue attacking or threatening spanish allies.

In return we can reconquer the ports from the hands of the pirates near Mexico and west Cuba, doing so pirates will have several open fronts at the same time in far distant locations.

As you have said, this is peace, not an alliance. So much distrust have raised this war at both sides. I personally think that the us actions near La Habana were of out of control hatred and desire for humiliation.

Do you understand why the US nation might have a problem with this? You are losing the war, I think that is obvious, and to make peace you want the US to give you ports in exchange for what? Peace/neutrality? It is because of the distrust I'd like to leave no spanish in the gulf, so easy to backstab without ingame diplomacy mechanic.

I am playing for the Dutch nation, so I personally would "ask"  the Spanish to stop attacking Dutch west(they can't defend their own capital, but can master 40-50 ships each day to harass our west) so we can focus on French. Please include this in you peace treaty conditions. This will help us focus on driving French from our East. Currently we are fighting on 2 fronts and are barely capable of controlling French assault. 

Or I would say no peace treaty with these cunning nation. Who whines and whines about how difficult it is to defend it's own capital (which nearby cities were captured during spanish prime time) and at the same time have a huge fleet to block our forces in the south (thus helping there French allies). Better let them die naturally (cause new players can't play efficiently) if they don't want to let the south go.

I am playing for the Dutch nation, so I personally would "ask"  the Spanish to stop attacking Dutch west(they can't defend their own capital, but can master 40-50 ships each day to harass our west) so we can focus on French. Please include this in you peace treaty conditions. This will help us focus on driving French from our East. Currently we are fighting on 2 fronts and are barely capable of controlling French assault. 

Or I would say no peace treaty with these cunning nation. Who whines and whines about how difficult it is to defend it's own capital (which nearby cities were captured during spanish prime time) and at the same time have a huge fleet to block our forces in the south (thus helping there French allies). Better let them die naturally (cause new players can't play efficiently) if they don't want to let the south go.

Are they difficult to defend two fronts ? ... Now imagine that is 3 or more and amid Cuba .....

To add to what Beduin said. Spanish were offered a peace treaty not long ago, from players fighting on the Western Dutch Front. Offer was to sign a peace and make Canalete a buffer zone. It would be profitable for both nations because we could move our men to fight French, and they could just move their fleets to reconquer Cuba. But they seemed to be so arogant to demand giving them back all ports up to Coquibacoa. Just unrealistic demand (if you consider they just lost all ports up to Tolu) and potentially dangerous for us since it would place them too close to Dutch capital.

If they're so sure they can fight on all fronts, let them try. However even when they can gather around 50 ships for every 20 that Dutch put up, they still seem to be unable to attack/defend effectively.

At this point I have no sympathy for them and as player that is fighting on Dutch side, I say we should just drive them out of Panama, force them to move their fleet back to La Habana.

Edited by Wyspa
  • Like 1

What are they giving us? They're asking for ports back and offering nothing????

If you only have an eye on your own benefits and if you are not able to see the full picture, than you propably should consider to not speak up.

The decissions made from TF and TDA together with the 10 brave spanish captains are wise. They hopefully will do good for the spanish nation, the server and the game. It seems Spain was not only shattered by the Rats and the US, it was ripped appart by internal conflicts and the selfishness of a handfull of players.

I only can hope devs are not going to make a mistake by implementing something stupid that should help resolving this problem. It clearly cannot be resolved by any game mechanics.

To add to what Beduin said. Spanish were offered a peace treaty not long ago, from players fighting on the Western Dutch Front. Offer was to sign a peace and make Canalete a buffer zone. It would be profitable for both nations because we could move our men to fight French, and they could just move their fleets to reconquer Cuba. But they seemed to be so arogant to demand giving them back all ports up to Coquibacoa. Just unrealistic demand (if you consider they just lost all ports up to Tolu) and potentially dangerous for us since it would place them too close to Dutch capital.

If they're so sure they can fight on all fronts, let them try. However even when they can gather around 50 ships for every 20 that Dutch put up, they still seem to be unable to attack/defend effectively.

At this point I have no sympathy for them and as player that is fighting on Dutch side, I say we should just drive them out of Panama, force them to move their fleet back to La Habana.

Arrogant ? .No Said at that meeting ? ... " Accept these conditions or be destroyed " .No seems a delicate way to provide peace.

Anyway , I think it's never good to cut diplomatic relations . A new attempt to reach middle ground would be good for both faciones .

Are they difficult to defend two fronts ? ... Now imagine that is 3 or more and amid Cuba .....

Then why are you trying to chew what you can't digest? If you are a smaller nation then let go of the south and go defend you capital. Or just die of natural reasons trying to wage war with everyone. 

But you found the 3rd way - whine on forums about evil USA taking all the ports near the Capital during SPANISH primetime, while around 50 of your captains were having fun in the South(plenty of Spanish 3rd rates there too). Yeah, better wage forum wars then actually assemble all forces and go defend your capital in game. Maybe devs will hear you and give you your ports back.

I just can't imagine Dutch crying "Give us Willemstad area back, we can't defend it from evil French" and simultaneously having half of the Dutch's forces fighting somewhere near Habana.

Edited by beduin

NEWS FLASH....

I was mistaken about the size of the group that approached us. I said it was a group of 10 guys. I was wrong. Happily it is a group of 10 small to medium clans. I have corrected all my posts to reflect this misunderstanding.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Personally, Id support only if we gets back the gulf of Mexico (including the islands) and north Cuba, and USA doesnt continue attacking or threatening spanish allies.

In return we can reconquer the ports from the hands of the pirates near Mexico and west Cuba, doing so pirates will have several open fronts at the same time in far distant locations.

As you have said, this is peace, not an alliance. So much distrust have raised this war at both sides. I personally think that the us actions near La Habana were of out of control hatred and desire for humiliation.

The details of the agreement is not for me to say at this time in open forums that all nations can read. That is better left for private talks. I will allow your representatives share that information as they see fit in your nation chat for now.

The US has not lost trust in the Spanish nation. It has lost respect for RAE but not distrust. We have had no agreements to test it and we assume that Spanish honor will overcome all negative motivations. We seek to build trust with you, not to threaten it. We believe that to not be trustworthy now will make it impossible to make agreements with anyone in the future. All nations are proud and we are no exception but hatred and humiliation is not in our bones atm. We attacked Cuba after holding off for a long time because we hoped that a move on your homeland would force the peace and that is all. Recent gains has simply been because Spain has abandoned the area an it was gonna either be us, the pirates or the brits.

• Like 4

What if I tell you, that the decission of going to Panama, was not only to defend that part of the map from the dutch, but as a "Fuck off" to the rest of the Spanish Faction...

We were tired of being blamed for everything that happened to the Spanish Faction. Literally everything.

Ports flipped at night? Where's the RAE to defend those ports at 3 AM

Prices rocketing to the skies? Just RAE players destroying the economy

3 random british players attacking spaniards right next to batabano? Hur dur RAE!!! Your ally is attacking us, you suck!!

So, AFAIK, RAE leaders were the ones who decided to go south, since we were not being appreciated by the rest of the faction, with some hate levels >9000. You dont want us there? Fine, now DEAL WITH IT.

Now that there's no more CUBA...guess who are they blaming all over again....

You talk and talk and get cocky...but if you have no idea about the whole situation, the best thing you can do is to STFU about it.

• Like 3

It is not possible to catch more . They are working from a position that allows a small nation maintained and not be destroyed.

I think we all factions agree on:
The ports system needs to be revised .
Cuba as the capital of a small faction is not the best situation.

If we start from this premise, it is possible to improve the current system ...

• Like 3

What if I tell you, that the decission of going to Panama, was not only to defend that part of the map from the dutch, but as a "Fuck off" to the rest of the Spanish Faction...

We were tired of being blamed for everything that happened to the Spanish Faction. Literally everything.

3 random british players attacking spaniards right next to batabano? Hur dur RAE!!! Your ally is attacking us, you suck!!

So, AFAIK, RAE leaders were the ones who decided to go south, since we were not being appreciated by the rest of the faction, with some hate levels >9000. You dont want us there? Fine, now DEAL WITH IT.

You talk and talk and get cocky...but if you have no idea about the whole situation, the best thing you can do is to STFU about it.

Good post man, nothing that you wrote has any relation with this post....i only see resentment and an angry guy. I was there when the conflict started, but from my point of view the main conflict was between the two major clans in the faction (ACE and RAE), the only nearest thing that i saw in the chat in terms of aproach between two of you was insults (im talking about what i saw only in the chat and the perception that i received, so i suppose is the same thing that the rest of players without guild saw) . So please don´t include the rest of the people that is still in Cuba or in the faction in your post.

• Like 1

I answer childish behavour and whinnings.

Leadership require more stuff than big numbers and the threat of f**k off all people, hide the head in the sand and then flee at the first sign of difficulty presented.

I was the guy trying tie all together and my hard work was sabotaged. But I am here yet, in the spanish faction.

You can ask me: Where are you? I didn't see in the battles".

My answer: in the forums and national chat trying to tie all together the things others destroyed and not having fun as others do.

• Like 2

Hogwarts, on 18 Feb 2016 - 12:00 PM, said:snapback.png

You talk and talk and get cocky...but if you have no idea about the whole situation, the best thing you can do is to STFU about it

I have never blamed RAE for anything. I tend to blame myself for my mistakes and so far I dont regret anything I have done in this MMO. Being respectfull and kind is allways good even when making war.

If the idea of RAE was to "fuck off" the Spanish Nation I am sorry... you failed. You only managed to damage your own interests. We (the rest of the Spanish Clans) are getting along quite well and we are having great fun fighting the US.

From what I know you are not having fun down there and you have arguments with your guildmates averyday.

I am sorry for that and I hope you solve your problems and enjoy the game again.

Gaizka

Bastardos sin Gloria Diplo

Spanish Council Diplo.

Lol, I love all the nationalistic propaganda being generated here. its just as hilarious as real life.

- Americans only capture ports to 'create peace' (yeah ok mr Bush, we all believe you)

- The British are evil expansionists (lets ignore that the brits have lost 75% of their starting areas and that America has captured/owns more ports and have more territory and has expanded much more aggressively into Spain's home area. that's ok, because that was just to enforce peace so it doesn't count. FREEDOM!!)

- The British stabbed their allies in the back. (no it was just one clan making a deal with another, not a national alliance to break)

- The Americans only captured Cuban Spanish ports to stop the British taking them (nope again, brits didn't attack any of the western half of cuba in the last few days until after the Americans started taking all the ports there. but again lol at using real life American excuses for military action. 10/10)

- America doesn't have any bad intentions for Spain, its just a breakdown of trust that led to the steamrollering of an entire nation. (lol)

Keep it coming, this stuff is comedy.

The reality is that Spain started with a huge empire, America with nothing, Britain with scattered and indefensible outposts.

- America naturally wanted to expand, so it did. A lot. It focused on those evil Spanish and French and largely ignored those lovely pirate fellows.

- Spain couldn't defend all its ports and didn't need to anyway so it focused on home area. But fewer players and lack of co-ordination led to defeat and then ragequit when losing and internal arguments

- Britain didn't attack the Spanish home area much and in fact handed back what it did capture but did go and pick off the southern parts of Spanish empire that very naturally fall into its area of influence as the rest of its outposts fell (including to the Americans.)

- The british had made no move to take north/west cuba and west gulf of mexico. there was no threat there to pre-empt.

- Everyone is just playing the game and trying to have fun. the strong nations are carving up the weak ones. Americans pretend that all aggression is to promote freedom and help the people its invading. The british are building an empire, the Spanish are upset they are losing. this is all normal stuff. the truth is mundane.

Edited by JCDC
  • Like 7

The reality is that Spain started with a huge empire, America with nothing, Britain with scattered and indefensible outposts.

- America naturally wanted to expand, so it did. A lot. It focused on those evil Spanish and French and largely ignored those lovely pirate fellows.

- Spain couldn't defend all its ports and didn't need to anyway so it focused on home area. But fewer players and lack of co-ordination led to defeat and then ragequit when losing and internal arguments

- Britain didn't attack the Spanish home area much and in fact handed back what it did capture but did go and pick off the southern parts of Spanish empire that very naturally fall into its area of influence as the rest of its outposts fell (including to the Americans.)

- The british had made no move to take north/west cuba and west gulf of mexico. there was no threat there to pre-empt.

- Everyone is just playing the game and trying to have fun. the strong nations are carving up the weak ones. Americans pretend that all aggression is to promote freedom and help the people its invading. The british are building an empire, the Spanish are upset they are losing. this is all normal stuff. the truth is mundane.

Your ignorance betrays you.

- The US approached the largest of the Spanish clans in order to negotiate borders without hostilities.

- The large Spanish clan Representative told our diplomat that he must be on drugs, and to fuck himself.

- Ergo war, which Spain is now losing badly so badly that the Devs are stepping in to help them.

Edited by InfiniteAmount
  • Like 1

- The US approached the largest of the Spanish clans in order to negotiate borders without hostilities.

- The large Spanish clan Representative told our diplomat that he must be on drugs, and to fuck himself.

- Ergo war, which Spain is now losing badly so badly that the Devs are stepping in to help them.

So, naturally, since your intentions were to settle on borders and you couldn't find a compromise you fell back to the plan b - take everything?

No wonder they told you to f* off...

Well Spanish tried to hold all their ports, which was impossible to begin with and in the process they lost much more, because of scattering their forces too much.

Lets be real here La Habana is great spot to set up defenses around Gulf of Mexico. If they would just let go of rest of their ports and focus on Cuba and mexico, they probably could make whole Gulf into their private inner sea...As it stands now they fight on too many fronts. 

However they didn't lost all ports... yep they lost much but they still hold more than some other nations. If they just join forces and focus on Cuba they still can make it.

That's why I don't really understand the whole notion of helping them. If they would just act rationally they still can fight those battles and take Cuba back, but if they insist on scattering forces that much, they do not have chance in the future regardless of any short term help...

Edited by Wyspa
  • Like 1

This is not a display of ignorance at all. its irrelevance. so what if you offered peace to someone who probably didn't represent their entire nation before curb stomping them when they rebuffed you. the proposed idea that the US conquered them altruistically just to impose peace and save them from the British is laughable, no matter how many insults you were offered. Its all very silly. if the Spanish were beating the US and came to you with an offer of peace on their terms would the US just cower and accept? NO, of course no, there would be a wave of defiance, flag waving, ego polishing and then war.

Anyway people who have made claims about why the British did certain things or were supposedly intending to do certain things are also ignorant of the irrelevant internal goings on. no one cares. the only important things are the facts. the Brits didn't try and capture the Havana area, as such speculation cannot be used as an excuse for pre-emptive conquest.

Either way, this is a pvp game, one side will always lose, in this case its the Spanish. tough luck. its fun, its a game. all this anger over whooo did wat to whooo is silliness. you started a war and destroyed a nation because some guy told you to f yourself on the internet? srsly? have you ever been on the internet before? peeps need to take this stuff less seriously. being on the underdog/losing team can be fun, depends how you choose to approach it.

They are pixels chaps, just pixels.

Well Spanish tried to hold all their ports, which was impossible to begin with and in the process they lost much more, because of scattering their forces too much.

Lets be real here La Habana is great spot to set up defenses around Gulf of Mexico. If they would just let go of rest of their ports and focus on Cuba and mexico, they probably could make whole Gulf into their private inner sea...

As it stands now they fight on too many fronts.

yeah I don't understand all this business of saying Havana is indefensible or surrounded by enemies. the US, brit and pirate capitals are all miles away. Cuba is in an excellent position to dominate the gulf and stop US trade at key west. the problem is they lack players and organistion. that would cripple them no matter where their capital was. Unless you put their capital so far away no one can be bothered to go there. Havana is probably the best positioned capital in the game with the exception of Kingston. have you even met Sweden! look where those poor devils are!! do they run away? no, they have fun fighting off the French and Danes/Russians and they do a bloody good job of it too.