Game-Labs Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. That is a good suggestion. 👍 There is also the possibility to increase the splash modifier. Small impact during a battle atm, almost irrelevant unless there are many guns shooting the same target and still when that happens the influence is little.
  3. A suggest, if you need to improve the balance between heavy shells and light shells, move heavy shell tech to 1909 and super heavy shell tech to 1930 maybe a good and histroy-based choice. Light shells(used with big guns) in histroy are evidences of poor technologies or false ideas , even both with some examples,so the more realistic you are, the more useless they become.
  4. Yesterday
  5. BETA v10.6 - "Shells & Ballistics rework" update - N.A.R. changelog: Wind resistance modifiers added to all shells. The lighter the shell, the bigger the effect, specially on stormy weather. Some shells descriptions were updated. The English file needs to be updated. With this concludes the update about shells & ballistics. Summary of all changes in the past days: Lighter shells have better accuracy at low ranges due to higher muzzle velocity, trajectory flattening and reduced time to target, where heavy shells have better range and are more accurate at long ranges due to better ballistic coefficient, that is a measure of how well a projectile retains its velocity and resists drag as it travels through the air. Note: In NAR , the long range accuracy effect starts at 5.5 km and gets the maximum effect at 40 km. This offers new tactical options for the Admiral to consider when designing the ships. Wind resistance modifiers added to all shells. The lighter the shell, the bigger the effect, specially on stormy weather. Penetration values difference from shell weight modifiers increased to 28%. This was by reading and comparing the data from the 16" on the Nelson class (light shells) with the 16" on the Iowa class (super heavy shells). There is around 41% difference, but there is also a generation gap in gun technology. Heavier shells are more likely to penetrate surfaces rather than bouncing off, due to their greater mass and momentum. Splash modifiers applied to all shells. The heavier the shell, the worse will be the impact on accuracy. The moment radar and long range finders technology are unlocked and used, this penalty becomes irrelevant. Added guns weight and rotation modifiers for the shell weight components. The loading mechanism weight is taking into account the shell weight. This will have a small impact on the gun's overall weight and turret rotation. New shell added, SAPC. SAPBC penetration improved. SAP and all HE shells damage was improved to better represent the difference in weight from the bursting charges- HCHE, CNF and CP fuse are now more sensitive since they were designed to work against light armored ships. Min angle and max angle of ricochet for all shells reworked, taking into account the shell shape or the AP cap design, if present, for ricochet chance calculations: APBC & SAPBC The addition of a ballistic cap that allows the cap underneath to have a less aerodynamic shape often with sharp edges, which allows it to grip into armour even at high impact angles. APC shells have a unique hard cap design that favors penetration at low angles, but is very poor at steep angles. SAPC Use a soft cap to spread the radial shock outward from the impact along the radius of the now flattened soft cap, keeping the shock from travelling into the body of the shell itself. Soft caps, however, do not function at high impact angles. VERY IMPORTANT: I don't know when I am going to update the mod again, so to avoid any issues, block the auto updates from steam: Set game to update when start game. Do this in game setting(properties)-> update. Don't start game by steam or steam shortcut. Make a shortcut on desktop from the main game .exe in this location: "....\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts.exe" Start a game from this shortcut. Game will run without update. Do not report any bug to the devs if you are using this mod. They are not responsible for the changes I made to the game.
  6. BETA v10.5 - "Shells & Ballistics rework" update - N.A.R. changelog: Fixed a file version error mentioned by @Azerostar Added guns weight and rotation modifiers for the shell weight components. The loading mechanism weight is taking into account the shell weight. This will have a small impact on the gun's overall weight and turret rotation. Going to take a break from modding for the next days. Have fun!! 😉 VERY IMPORTANT: I don't know when I am going to update the mod again, so to avoid any issues, block the auto updates from steam: Set game to update when start game. Do this in game setting(properties)-> update. Don't start game by steam or steam shortcut. Make a shortcut on desktop from the main game .exe in this location: "....\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts.exe" Start a game from this shortcut. Game will run without update. Do not report any bug to the devs if you are using this mod. They are not responsible for the changes I made to the game.
  7. You're welcome. I always need to modify something to fit my game style so easier to find these bugs.😁
  8. Maybe you need to check the files you uploaded, I download again and still seen the shell datas from v10.1 .
  9. No, everything is fine. You messed up somewhere. projectile_shell_20,projectile_shell,,$technology_name_projectile_shell_20,1920,2,40,"he_fire(150), he_damage(35), he_penetration(-95), he_weight(9), he_cost(-50), fuze(-100), shell_velocity_he(2), accuracy(12.5), accuracy_long(-15), he_range(-3)",he_5,,$technology_desc_projectile_shell_20,,, projectile_shell_21,projectile_shell,,$technology_name_projectile_shell_21,1915,2,40,"he_fire(75), he_damage(55), he_penetration(-75), he_weight(6), he_cost(-30), fuze(-90), shell_velocity_he(1.5), accuracy(7.5), accuracy_long(-10), he_range(-2)",he_4,,$technology_desc_projectile_shell_21,,, projectile_shell_22,projectile_shell,,$technology_name_projectile_shell_22,1891,,40," he_fire(35), he_damage(30), he_penetration(-55), he_weight(3), he_cost(-15), fuze(-80), shell_velocity_he(0.75), accuracy(3.75), accuracy_long(-5), he_range(-1)",he_1,,$technology_desc_projectile_shell_22,,, projectile_shell_23,projectile_shell,,$technology_name_projectile_shell_23,1890,,40,"start, fuze(-70)",he_0,,$technology_desc_projectile_shell_23,,, projectile_shell_24,projectile_shell,,$technology_name_projectile_shell_24,1893,2,40,"he_fire(-10), he_damage(-10), he_penetration(25), he_weight(-3), he_cost(-25), fuze(-50), shell_velocity_he(-1.5), accuracy(-7.5), accuracy_long(10), he_range(2)",he_2,,$technology_desc_projectile_shell_24,,, projectile_shell_25,projectile_shell,,$technology_name_projectile_shell_25,1903,2,40,"he_fire(-15), he_damage(-15), he_penetration(40), he_weight(-6), he_cost(-45), fuze(-40), shell_velocity_he(-2), accuracy(-12.5), accuracy_long(15), he_range(3)",he_3,,$technology_desc_projectile_shell_25,,, projectile_shell_26,projectile_shell,,$technology_name_projectile_shell_26,1895,2,40,"ap_fire(15), ap_damage(70), ap_penetration(-45), ap_weight(6), ap_ricochet_angle_min(-85), ap_ricochet_angle_max(37.5), ap_ricochet_chance(-75), fuze(-60), shell_velocity_ap(2), accuracy(12.5), accuracy_long(-15), ap_range(-3)",ap_3,,$technology_desc_projectile_shell_26,,, projectile_shell_33,projectile_shell,,$technology_name_projectile_shell_33,1902,2,40,"ap_fire(10), ap_damage(55), ap_penetration(-32.5), ap_weight(4), ap_cost(-25), ap_ricochet_angle_min(-80), ap_ricochet_angle_max(32.5), ap_ricochet_chance(-50), fuze(-40), shell_velocity_ap(1.5), accuracy(7.5), accuracy_long(-10), ap_range(-2)",ap_6,,$technology_desc_projectile_shell_33,,, projectile_shell_27,projectile_shell,,$technology_name_projectile_shell_27,1913,2,40,"ap_fire(10), ap_damage(30), ap_penetration(-20), ap_weight(2), ap_cost(-25), ap_ricochet_angle_min(-60), ap_ricochet_angle_max(50), ap_ricochet_chance(-25), fuze(-20), shell_velocity_ap(1), accuracy(3.75), accuracy_long(-5), ap_range(-1)",ap_4,,$technology_desc_projectile_shell_27,,, projectile_shell_28,projectile_shell,,$technology_name_projectile_shell_28,1890,,40,"start, ap_ricochet_angle_min(-85), ap_ricochet_angle_max(37.5) ",ap_0,,$technology_desc_projectile_shell_28,,, projectile_shell_29,projectile_shell,,$technology_name_projectile_shell_29,1898,2,40,"ap_fire(-12), ap_damage(-15), ap_penetration(25), ap_weight(-2), ap_cost(-15), ap_ricochet_angle_min(-33), ap_ricochet_angle_max(12.5), ap_ricochet_chance(5), fuze(10), shell_velocity_ap(-1), accuracy(-3.75), accuracy_long(5), ap_range(1)",ap_1,,$technology_desc_projectile_shell_29,,, projectile_shell_30,projectile_shell,,$technology_name_projectile_shell_30,1911,2,40,"ap_fire(-17), ap_damage(-20), ap_penetration(31.5), ap_weight(-4), ap_cost(-25), ap_ricochet_angle_min(-60), ap_ricochet_angle_max(50), ap_ricochet_chance(5), fuze(20), shell_velocity_ap(-1.5), accuracy(-7.5), accuracy_long(10), ap_range(2)",ap_2,,$technology_desc_projectile_shell_30,,, projectile_shell_31,projectile_shell,,$technology_name_projectile_shell_31,1924,2,40,"ap_fire(-19), ap_damage(-25), ap_penetration(36), ap_weight(-6), ap_cost(-35), ap_ricochet_angle_min(-55), ap_ricochet_angle_max(62.5), ap_ricochet_chance(7), fuze(30), shell_velocity_ap(-2), accuracy(-12.5), accuracy_long(15), ap_range(3)",ap_5,,$technology_desc_projectile_shell_31,,, projectile_shell_11,projectile_shell,,$technology_name_projectile_shell_11,1890,,40,"start, shell_damage(-10), he_damage(-10), he_fire(-15), penetration(-12), reload(7.5), shell_weight(15), detonation(20), flash(15), flash_explosion(15), flash_spread(20), ap_ricochet_angle_min(-5), ap_ricochet_angle_max(-7), ap_ricochet_chance(8), multi_targeting_self(-6), cost(gun;15), shell_velocity(3.75), accuracy(15), accuracy_long(-18), range(-7), gun_rotation(3), weight(gun;1.5)",shell_light,,$technology_desc_projectile_shell_11,,, projectile_shell_12,projectile_shell,,$technology_name_projectile_shell_12,1890,,40,"start, default_component, multi_targeting_self(-10)",shell_normal,,$technology_desc_projectile_shell_12,,, projectile_shell_13,projectile_shell,,$technology_name_projectile_shell_13,1890,,40,"start, shell_damage(10), he_damage(10), he_fire(15), penetration(10.4), reload(-5), shell_weight(-13), detonation(-30), flash(-25), flash_explosion(-15), flash_spread(-20), ap_ricochet_angle_min(4), ap_ricochet_angle_max(6), ap_ricochet_chance(-7), multi_targeting_self(-14), cost(gun;-13), shell_velocity(-3.25), accuracy(-12.5), accuracy_long(15), range(6.5), gun_rotation(-2), weight(gun;-1.3)",shell_heavy,,$technology_desc_projectile_shell_13,,, projectile_shell_14,projectile_shell,,$technology_name_projectile_shell_14,1920,,40,"shell_damage(15), he_damage(15), he_fire(22.5), penetration(16), reload(-7.5), shell_weight(-20), detonation(-40), flash(-35), flash_explosion(-25), flash_spread(-30), ap_ricochet_angle_min(6), ap_ricochet_angle_max(8), ap_ricochet_chance(-9), multi_targeting_self(-20), cost(gun;-18), shell_velocity(-5), accuracy(-18.25), accuracy_long(22.5), range(10), gun_rotation(-4), weight(gun;-2)",shell_S.heavy,,$technology_desc_projectile_shell_14,,, In black is some new modifiers I am testing atm, but the rest it how is supposed to be.
  10. I seen this in params.txt, so this is truely the v10.4 file. Then, in technologies.txt, for example You add range() modifies to shell datas in v10.2, then change to he_range() and ap_range() in v10.3, now they were all rollback to v10.1. This problem happens on projectile_shell_11,13,14 and projectile_shell_20 to 31.
  11. I think it seems that you have done v10.4 update based on v10.1 than v10.3,because the changes made in v10.2 seem all be canceled.
  12. BETA v10.4 - "Shells & Ballistics rework" update - N.A.R. changelog: Scrapping threshold x2. The AI will now need to have at least a minimum 200k fleet before considering scrapping anything. Penetration values difference from shell weight modifiers increased. This was by reading and comparing the data from the 16" on the Nelson class (light shells) with the 16" on the Iowa class (super heavy shells). There is a 41% difference, but there is also a generation gap in gun technology. So I increased a little, and the maximum difference is now at 28%. As an example, in vanilla, super heavy shells have 12.5% penetration modifier. I am using 16% for the super heavy shells. A small increase, nothing crazy. The negative modifiers about detonation and flash chance were increased by 5% for both the heavy shells and super heavy shells to balance them. Going to take a break from modding for the next days. Have fun!! 😉 VERY IMPORTANT: I don't know when I am going to update the mod again, so to avoid any issues, block the auto updates from steam: Set game to update when start game. Do this in game setting(properties)-> update. Don't start game by steam or steam shortcut. Make a shortcut on desktop from the main game .exe in this location: "....\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts.exe" Start a game from this shortcut. Game will run without update. Do not report any bug to the devs if you are using this mod. They are not responsible for the changes I made to the game.
  13. As AI prefer to shoot light armor targets at far to death than to shoot a heavy armor target on their face, the correct ways to use DDs are bring some of them with your capital ships and use them as baits, or you can just use many fast DDs to take a swarm attack. And the CLs? God blessing those junks so they don't need to show their faces in battlefields. This problem most blame to the Devs' poor AI targeting programe,it can't work reasonable since vanilla patch v1.4.
  14. love the shell overhaul. Not only does it make things more realistic, it better balances the game as there is no clear best type, and every shell type has a niche its the strongest at. I never agreed with moders and game devs that say you can have realism or balance, that's a skill issue, this definitely has both. light shell accuracy is very strong under 10k, due to being practically direct fire but very unlikely to hit past 20k. standard is a good upgrade to a light shell build as tech advances and ranges increase and you don't want to have a gun fight in torp range. Both are good on a ship with subpar stability that have to fight close in. Heavy seems better balanced for pre-radar assisted long range gunnery, and super heavy is great for when your ship is advanced enough to have gun fights at 20k-40k. Before I always defaulted to light shell for better range and accuracy with less volatility, all thing you otherwise would need to spend a lot of tonnage to compensate for, now that's mostly turned on its head! Good call on arcade down to just 2x multiplier, did some 1950 testing and it came down to a mater of rate of fire, constant long range hits were guarantied. Had my ~1920 campaign battleships running light shells that had a literal 100% main gun accuracy at 6k vs another capital ship, was about to drop back down to realistic to see how it was. all really great changes 👍
  15. The reason it's done is to force the AI to build newer ships, as I understand it. Otherwise they'd just keep building outdated crap forever.
  16. The port's capacity is hardcoded. You will need to ask the devs for a change. It is not an issue. I know that there are some players would like to have the freedom to whatever they like, but hulls become obsolete for very good reasons. For anyone interested in playing with obsolete hulls, the solution is to edit the "technologies" file and remove all the obsolete lines. As an example: obsolete(b_1_austria;b1_massena_var1;b1_massena_var2;b1_massena_var3;b1_brennus;b1_bouvet;b1_bouvet2;b_1;b_1_usa;b_2;b_2_usa;b1_russiaold;b1_tsesarevich_france;b1_tsesarevich_russia;b_1_russia;b_2_borodino;b_2_borodino_largedeck;b_2_china_exp;b2_germany;b2_friedrich;b1_germany;b1_germanyexport;b2_germanyexport;b3_britain;b_1;b1_bouvet_semidreadnought;b1_maine_varsides;b1_maine_varsmall;b_1_italian_3mast;b_1_italian_Large_3mast;b_2_austria;b_3_russia;b_1_usa_var;b_2_italy;b_1_usa_var_exp1;b_1_usa_var_exp2;b_1_usa_var_exp3;b_2_usa_semi;b_2_usa_semi2;b_1_largegeneric) That is something it is possible to be improved. At least increasing the minimum fleet tonnage before the AI is allowed to scrap anything. I will take a look at that in the next version. Wars in this game are strange. Allies don't work or do anything sometimes. Takes much time for them to join the wars. The issue, IMO, is related to how players were crying in the first versions of the game, how the war could suddenly end because an allied signed a peace treaty. So the devs changed to be what we have atm. I am just guessing here. I don't have a 3D model for what you are asking. Well, I think not, unless you have some suggestion. Historical GDP values, it is not possible. The modifiers are global and applied to all nations. If you are talking about the money value, that is irrelevant. We are not using American dollars, British pounds, German marks. etc... instead it is in game credits are the same for all nations. What I can edit is the country initial wealth to make them different from the others, but I never saw Germany struggle with money. At least I never had any issues playing with Germany.
  17. Last week
  18. BETA v10.3 - "Shells & Ballistics rework" update - N.A.R. changelog: Improvements to shells range modifier to fixing a possible issue, mentioned by @Azerostar 😉 Arcade version is now x2 the hit rate.
  19. First campaign, it's 1899 and no one is at war with anyone I want to fight, I've tried provoking other nations and putting my fleets over their ports, nothing is happening Is there an option to declare war somewhere?
  20. Hi everybody, I am quite new to this game. Currently I am in 1916 in the Germany campaign with this mod. I find several topics strange but I cant tell if thats caused by the mod. Harbour size of Wilhelmshafen. It is way smaller than most other main harbours of Germany. Even smaller than Pillau. I dont think that is correct. Also the total harbour capacity is quite low. I like to build ships and ship classes like they were build in reality. Strangely I find it impossible to put all ships of the high sea fleet of Germany in to the harbours. Due to capacity issues. I remember from reading on steam that that moduls or hulls becoming obsolete is a running issue. I want so suggest to change the pre-dreadnought hulls not to become obsolete with the first dreadnought hulls. I know that doesnt make a lot of sense to use the older hull, but for example the Deutschland-class ships were build after the first dreadnoughts and I like to have my fleet historically built in the right order. What is really strange though is that most of the other countries refuse to build up a battlefleet. Crazy example is Britain: Its 1915 fleet consists of 5 submarines. France doesnt have a BB, just one BC. Both countries didnt loose the ships at war. They just scrapped everything. Other countries are often doing the same. Suddenly, they dont have a fleet. In 1915 my fleet is at over 800000t (with almost all predreadnoughts scrapped) , more than double the size of the closest competitor. Wars between countries are also strange, because the just never end. Sometimes there are even no battles. They are just sitting and destroying their economy. At most times I have to reset the diplomatic relations in the save game, so the game doesnt get too boring with everybody living with a wrecked economy. Since the modder said all guns have been reworked I want to ask if there is interest on input what could be improved. For example the 12,7cm single turret that I have currently available for my destroyer 3 hull. The turret is a 15cm secondary turret from a 1930s German battleship,,but not a destroyer turret. It might work on the 1936 Mob Destroyer class as a double 15cm turret, but not on the destroyer 3 hull. Also I looked up the historical GDP of Germany. The mod puts Germany way below that. I think in legendary mode you should atleast get the historical values, which you probably need as a minimum to build the historical amount of ships. @o Barão I thank you very much for what you already did for the game and the community. I cant imagine how many hours that mod must have cost you. If you even find the time to reply I will be very happy. Kind regards!
  21. First battle with Japan v China i've had 1896. Enemy CA at first had no UI marking, also are not moving or firing. They have design speed 15 kts and rest of fleet is fighting. Red CA marking popped up eventually but still not doing anything. Also looking forward to Manor Lords
  22. Or just remove the displacement slider and replace it with a length slider, and just make displacement calculated from lengthxbeamxdraught.
  23. This is actually a viable 4th option (in addition to 3 I listed earlier) as I would expect it to be relatively easy for devs to implement. Ship width is already something that the game calculates, after all. This would work even better if hull form and the "max optimal speed" were fuctions of the ships legth to width ratio and not only a fixed number. So you could make the ship wider to fit bigger machinery and longer to retain good hull form. The devs could even remove the width slider and decouple hull lenght from the displacement slider, and then introduce legth-to-beam -slider instead. The new displacement slider would make the ship bigger or smaller in every direction while the new legth-to-beam -slider, (or just length -slider), would add or remove hull sections when needed.
  24. BETA v10.2 has a serious bug, the types of HE or AP shells will effect the other sides' fire ranges. You are using 'range()' to modify the fire ranges of HE and AP shells at projectile_shell_20 to projectile_shell_31(technologies.txt), compared with the vanilla file, I'm sure this parts need to use ap_range() or he_range() instead of range().
  1. Load more activity