Game-Labs Forum

USS Demologos (Fulton)

CommodoreWesley

So, the other day I was doing my normal what-I-do-when-I-am-not-playing-Naval-Action routine of searching through history articles on the internet, I found a ship that fits in this game's time period!

INTRODUCING:

USS Demologos (1815)

Demologos.jpg

Launched in 1815, and designed by the legendary American naval architect Robert Fulton, the USS Demologos was the first steam propelled warship. She was designed as a floating self-propelled gun battery to defend the Harbor of New York.  Armed with 30 32-pounder guns and 2 100-pounder Columbiads, she was able to mount a full broadside due to the fact that her paddle wheels were mounted inside of her hull, therefore protected from enemy gunfire.  

Unfortunately, the Brits were content with just staying outside of New York and wrecking the American economy with the blockade.  Also, the war would shortly come to a close.  Later renamed the Fulton, she would be lost due to a powder room explosion in 1829.

Launching_of_Demologos_%281814%29.jpg

(Please don't kill me for suggesting this ship...)

• Like 3

I have a bad feeling about this... as if a great broadside of flak was coming to you. Hold fast and brace mate.

Yes, this is more of a joke than anything, but the thing that I am shocked about is that I never heard about it until a few days ago.

Fitting with timeline is one thing. Fitting with setting / gameplay is another.

I don't see a place for this thing in NA.

I don't want it in the game, I just want to see what kind of reaction I am going to get.   :D

Well the Karteria fits the timeframe as well but steamers dont have a place in an age of sail game.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/7959-greek-ships/?p=150454

I'm pretty sure the Devs have declared that 1820 is going to be the real cut-off date, so the most modern ship in the game is going to be the Russian Mercury brig.  

Yes, this is more of a joke than anything, but the thing that I am shocked about is that I never heard about it until a few days ago.

I don't want it in the game, I just want to see what kind of reaction I am going to get.   :D

Ohh I can help you with that foreseeing... something like this:

shit-hitting-the-fan.jpg

• Like 2

It would be the perfect ship for the games first available premium for all players.

If that statement doesn't make me the most hunted player in the game nothing will lol.

You, sir, are a devil incarnate!

But I am better!

It allows you to teleport to ANY port once an hour... WITH CARGO!

• Like 1

You, sir, are a devil incarnate!

But I am better!

It allows you to teleport to ANY port once an hour... WITH CARGO!

All it needs now is make it 15knots faster than the next fastest ship in game, and no repair cost then it would be a true pay to win premium.

Ha, I better yet... scratch all that!

It's steam powered, reaches up to 2Kn, repair kits and repairs are bought with iron ingots and it's cannons can aim only 5° in any direction...

Then add GPS and bathe in confusion, screams about OP, accusation of P2W and tears of those who actually bought that brick!

Ha, I better yet... scratch all that!

It's steam powered, reaches up to 2Kn, repair kits and repairs are bought with iron ingots and it's cannons can aim only 5° in any direction...

Then add GPS and bathe in confusion, screams about OP, accusation of P2W and tears of those who actually bought that brick!

The sad thing is I would buy it regardless lol.

Still an interesting ship.