Game-Labs Forum

New To Game: Redeemables Problem!

JoeHornBlower

I made an acount played on pvp one for like 2hrs. Next day tried to get on pvp1 the q was 2hrs so I got on pvp2 I played on pvp 2 for like 5hrs got dced. then loged into pvp1 and I had a shine redeemable button so I redeemed them assuming it was a account wide thing like other mmo type games. log out come back on pvp2 where I planed on staying due to pvp1 long q times and notice I cant redeem them there.

so ya... fix?

If my account could be reset I wouldn't mind or if I can delete my char and get the redeemable on a new one. whatever needs to happen so I don't feel like I'm I've been scammed and end up returning this game on steam.

Spent hours on steam forums to find out that these forums are much faster with solving issues. 

JoeHornBlower, have you done the 2-nd point?

1. If you have already have a character on both PvE and PvP server - no need to do anything

You will receive the redeemables on both servers

2. If you want to have a back up ship on another server (where you dont have a character) login to the PvE or PvP server to register a character there. 

In this case you will receive redeemables on both servers.

It seems you didn't log in once on PVP2 before the redeems were given

1.I never saw or knew that i needed to do that i purchased the game expecting to get redeemables on my acount not with a silly restriction like that.

2.PvP1 is not a playable server unless you can guarantee 100% that there will be less than a 3 min q. I would like my stuff transferred to PVP2 at least

3. No other MMO would restrict redeemables to a one char on one sever/ I don't want to hear excuses for why its like that I want to be compensated at a bare minimum.

1-so best option is PvP1 becomes playable and you fix its ping problems and its 2hr plus q times

2- You move my stuff from pvp1 to pvp2

3-  you compensate me on pvp2 for the worth of the redeemables 

4- I return the game and may come back when its not broken

I'm a sailor in real life, I love this history and I love what your trying to do. I have played several mmo non have ever given me this much of a problem with servers or redeemables even in there alphas  and they were free sometimes.

I respect what your trying to accomplish as a developer but I paid for this game and I want to be happy with the way I'm playing it. Thank you.

I have similar issue. I received an email stating:

To receive this bonus you have to login into the game any time before 5am PST on the 21st of January and create a player for the nation of your choice. The process will take no more than 10 mins depending on your internet connection.

This redeemable bonus is account based and one time use only.
If you don't use them they will be available even if you delete the player, and will be available after creation of the new character

Ok. So I logged in quickly (as I had limited time) and created a character to the first server on the list (pvp1) and logged out.

Few days later I logged in to actually start playing... and to play with my clan mates (in PvE sever). However, I only had the yacht as redeemable.

We were wondering about this and finally I went today to check the PvP1 server... and sure enough there I had several other ships to redeem.

WHY can't I redeem them in PvE server? 

1. The email does not state anything about having to need to create character to each separate server to have the ships redeemable.

2. I did NOT redeem the ships in PvP1 before tonight (because I thought that if I redeem them in PvP1 they would then be available in PvE as well).

- The email states "If you don't use them they will be available even if you delete the player and will be available after creation of the new character"

And that is exactly what I had done - I had not redeemed them (in PvP1), I created a new character in PvE - but they were not redeemable there.

So... After following your instructions in the email and it not stating anything opposite - I expect the ships to be available for me in PvE (where I am playing with my clan - they are completely useless in PvP1 and I'm even happy to delete that character). 

So when can I expect these ships to be available for me in PvE?

- Finuc -

P.S. As a side note - kinda silly that in order to get the redeemable ships you had to do something (and in very short time - I received the email on the 20th and the deadline was 21st). I - like so many others - have bought this game over a year ago, and I would expect to be eligible for rewards without any extra effort (specially with such short notice) - people have lives you know... Luckily I had a short time to do it, but now I have this issue... and lot more people probably missed the oppoturnity alltogether.

P.P.S. Thanks for the awesome game and good work... 

The Yacht was the pre-order bonus. The Renomee, Niagara, and Pickle BP were awarded for logging in and helping to test the servers just prior to Early Access.

The Yacht can not be crafted or redeemed by anyone not authoritized, the EA Test bonuses can be obtained via the open market or crafted. :)

Well, **beep**.

I made a new character, cause nation sucked, nu redeemables.

I am very disappoint.

Did you activate them into your dock from the Redeemables button with your previous character? In that case they were lost

mine is one of consistency, A friend and I bought in to alpha at the same time, were on same servers during head start, two new servers showed up in USA today (we are in NA area so decided to bite the bullet and try it since ~30% of EU latency).

His redeemables show regardless including on servers that didn't EXIST during "head start" that granted redeemables...

My redeemables (from playing PvP) show up on new PvE server, not on new PvP server. I DO still have Yacht redeemable regardless. what the heck.

I've also sailed by several Niagara's tonight on the new US PvP server so they carried for others to a server that didn't previously exist. Guess I got stuffed.

The 'whats where on what server' definitely still needs some refinement during early access. Some bumps in the road are to be expected with Early Access but going back over the opening moves over and over is going to get old fast and people will loose interest and bugger off. I was excited for the wipe a week ago but here I am again exactly one week later deciding between 200ms or toss it all including week old redeems and welcome to up-ranked missions with a basic cutter...

Don't see the logic of tossing it all out the window to start again if its a region-to-region transfer with same server type (PvP to PvP or E to E).

Are the redeemables from a purchase or was it a server event. If I do buy the game I don't want to miss out on something being offered  :D

It was effectively a server event.  Those that logged into the server in the first days of head start, or on the first day or so of Early Access received two ships and a blueprint in thanks.  One of the ships (Niagara) was exclusive (for now - it's not available yet through crafting/market),  the other (Renommee) was more "common" and is available via crafting.  The blueprint was Pickle, a small fore/aft ship that is available on the market and I believe through crafting as well.

same question here. Yet i dont even know if im eligible for those. My mate who also bought steam early access got 3 premium ships. And few other guys reported same.

I dont see anyhting in my outpost screen that could look close to "get that snazzy ship yaar" button.

-Don Pedro Sangre, buccaneer

same question here. Yet i dont even know if im eligible for those. My mate who also bought steam early access got 3 premium ships. And few other guys reported same.

I dont see anyhting in my outpost screen that could look close to "get that snazzy ship yaar" button.

You have nothing here?

So if I redeemed the, Renomee and Niagara on PvE server, I can't use them on PvP server? This sucks.

That's not correct.  You will have redeemables on each server to which you logged in prior to the deadline.  You can redeem the ships separately on each of those servers.  If you only logged into one server, that's the only server on which you'll have the redeemables.  It has something to do with a process that runs the first time you log into a server - if you've never logged in, I'm assuming there were records or values missing that allowed the redeem script to run.

I would just like all my stuff on the pvp1 eu server moved to the pvp 2 us server the latency is 90+ vs the US with under 30

or at least allow alts on separate servers so I can make a new char without losing everything on my current char.

Moving assets, unfortunately, is not currently possible. There is a lot of behind the scenes work that would have to go into moving assets like that, and since there are no current automated tools to do so built in, to develop the tools, or to move assets for individual characters, would delay development to an unacceptable degree.  I'm very sorry you're on the wrong server, but you'll need to earn more stuff on the server you'd like to play on.  The pings have not changed since launch, I'm sorry that you chose a server that doesn't work as well for you.  I will say, however, that you can play just fine with pings up to and including 300ms.  I play at 180ms and don't notice any difference - this is not a twitch game that requires instant response.

You will have redeemables on any server to which you logged in prior to January 24th.  If you have already logged in on a particular server, redeemed your ships, and then deleted your character, those ships are gone for good.

All information about the giveaway was contained in this topics and was posted long before the final deadline (end of weekend sunday). Everyone who read the guide topic (second link) got ships everywhere.

1. http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/8482-repeat-important-message-about-headstart-ships/
  2. http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/8543-headstart-ships-guide/

During alpha we are planning to give ships for early testing to users with certain conditions. Captains who do not want to miss such events should subscribe to developer news section.