Game-Labs Forum

Will It Be Any Wipes After Early Access Start?

SuperBoss

How many wipe (if any) are planed for the future?

No XP wipe Captain.

Your rank is there forever since game head start on 19th. More ranks will be added at higher tiers some day. 

Current rank is Rear Admiral we plan to add more up to Admiral of the Fleet and maybe governors. 

• Like 1

I'm sure XP from crafting will be kept as well

Update from Admin

"crafting xp will probably be saved. UNLESS huge changes to crafting happen.. which we doubt will affect xp"

Yea i hope so crafting takes so much longer then regular leveling and to be fair it wont be like we will pump out Exceptional ship of lines from day 1 with a Gold wipe so the economy wont be affected to bad, However i feel if you do wipe the resource system will need to be fixed other wise we will have a major issue early game with people building ships.

• 2 weeks later...

How would it be fair to wipe gold that traders have worked for an earned but allow naval officers and crafters to keep their xp and such? Gold is a trader's xp. Early access or not if one can find a reason to wipe some then one can find a reason to wipe all. Either way for most of us starting over will result in finding something different to play. Earning gold is not easy. You actually have to invest time in doing it. Where as earning xp is joining a fleet and shooting a few ships. Much more fun in the grand scheme of things and not worthy of anymore protection than the rest. And you can rest assured if you wipe the steam communities progress you can look forward to many bad reviews and as a long time steam user those reviews greatly influence mine and others perception. I can link countless games where ive read a flock of bad reviews and passed immediately. If you have done something so horrendous as to draw the ire of a small army then you aren't a game worth supporting. And if you felt the game worth 40 dollars to a large community of gamers then you should have had your affairs in order.

If early access covered absolutely any circumstance then you could say an acceptable change would be to just shutdown the servers immediately after 100000 sales. Development is not the same as wiping progress. Playing through development has a point. It may have a change in gameplay but you aren't sinking hundreds of hours into something only to have it deleted and essentially made to have never existed.

I didn't pay 40 dollars to Alpha test. You can pay me to do that. I mean if wipes are considered then why not post that on the store page? Clearly outlined. I'm guessing because no one would bother buying it and you know that.

To quote what is on the store page of Steam.

Is this the same as pre-purchasing a game?

No. Early Access is a full purchase of a playable game. By purchasing, you gain immediate access to download and play the game in its current form and as it evolves. You keep access to the game, even if the game later moves from Early Access into fully released.                                                                                                                                                   

Edited by Sea Nettle
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

No XP wipe Captain.

Your rank is there forever since game head start on 19th. More ranks will be added at higher tiers some day. 

Current rank is Rear Admiral we plan to add more up to Admiral of the Fleet and maybe governors. 

If you will add more ranks may i suggest not using Governor as rank if it was what you meant, sounds way off for ship captains beignt "governors".

Here: http://www.st-george-squadron.com/sgs/wiki/index.php?title=Commissioned_OfficersHeres Ranks what you can use and add.

I don't understand the issue with a soft wipe. I did my due diligence and researched beyond the title page what could happen, seen where the devs said the only thing they could promise was rank XP would be kept safe.

When I buy a car, which cost a signifigant amount more than this game, I don't just look at the sticker on the window, I look at several sources to help determine my purchase.