Game-Labs Forum

'Sviatoi Dmitrii Rostovskii' 100-gun, Russian 1-Rate (With Plans)

SteelSandwich

Sviatoi Dmitrii Rostovskii, 100-gun, Russian first-rate
Constructor   A. Sutherland
Laid down     11.4.1756 St Petersburg
Launched     12.6.1758
Dimensions   180 ft. 11 in. x 49 ft. 6 in.x 29ft. 9 in.
Armament      LD 28x30-pounders
                      MD 28x18-pounders
                      UD 30x8-pounders iron/30x12-pounders brass
                      FC & QD 14x6-pounders

Alexander Sutherland's design was chosen from among plans submitted by Ivan S. Ramburg, Gavrila Okunev, Dmitriy Shcherbachev, and Potap Kachalov.
Sutherland submitted two alternate plans and the final design incorporated changes ordered personally by Empress Elisbeth, drawing upon the successful lines of Pyotr I.
She was built from high-quality Kazan' and Kurlandia oak and contained furniture and decorations removed from the earlier ship.
As the flag of Adm. Mishukov, carried troops to Kolberg in 1760.
Transported troops to kolberg in 1761, landing 150 marines.
Cruised in the baltic in 1764.
Decommisioned in 1764.
Condemned in 1771.
Broken up in 1772.

Ship plans:

A5kgGYS.jpg

99WlOVp.jpg

(They are rather sizable)

*I have searched the forum for this ship, yet i was not sure if it is floating around in Russian spelling or so*

With that said, this is the first of several non-dutch ships that i am planning on introducing in the shipyard. Any additional information is much appreciated!

Edited by SteelSandwich

So far all I've been able to find is that her timbers came from Courland (Kurlandia), and the Kazan Province (Tatarstan).  Also this excerpt: "As was customary with all European First Rates during the early years of the eighteenth century, she was primarily a prestige ship and saw limited active service."Link

The only theory I could put forward is that the cost of maintaining her could be better spent funding other endeavours, however, I have a feeling said theory would be shot down, as she was in service during the reign of Catherine the Great.