Game-Labs Forum

The new 'like' buttons

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which post reputation system do you prefer? Какую систему оценки сообщений Вы предпочитаете больше?

• The old one *with* notifications and without "vote this post down" button / Старую систему с уведомлениями и без возможности негативной оценки сообщения
    • The new one *without* notifications and with "vote this post down" button / Новую систему без уведомлений и с возможностью негативной оценки сообщения
    • I don't mind either way / Меня устроит любая из систем

Hey everybody,

Since some days now, the old 'like' buttons have been replaced with the new 'rep' buttons.

I find the new buttons only adding minor value (the option to 'dislike') while sacrificing some nice options the old system had.

With the new system:

• I cannot correct a mistake: once I (accidentally) click one of the buttons, there is no method of undoing the click.
  • I'm no longer notified (with a nice little red flag in the upper bar of the screen) of reputation changes.

Additionally, one could argue that 'dislikes' may lead to a less positive community feel.

So, I vote for rolling back this change and go with the old system :)

Thoughts?

Brigand

• Like 1

Yes! Like Brigand I like looking for the little red flag whenever I logged on. And for the purpose of forum pvp it was nice to know who your friends were :P

That actually is a concern with non-anonymous post rating, but -- at least so far -- these fora appear to be rather civilised. B)

That said I do miss the personal touch of knowing who agrees -- or disagrees -- with what I'm saying.

That said I do miss the personal touch of knowing who agrees -- or disagrees -- with what I'm saying.

You can point mouse on reputation number & click it to see in new window who did that.

For example i`ll put + for this message.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just to play Devil's advocate... :P While it's a clear preference, the sample size is small. Admins and moderators might have a better sense of whether or not it is representative of the active members. (As is usually the case with pre-launch game forums, we have a fairly small number of very vocal members, and an unknown number of "active lurkers" who are reading but just not posting anything.)

• 2 weeks later...