Game-Labs Forum

The Black Ship .... HMS HERMIONE 1782

Theyre doing it because there are already a million english ships in the game...giving it the spanish name is a way to throw spanish players a bone while still giving english fans their ship

As a UK resident and nation player, I don't think this is the case.

I'd love to see more of the other nations ships.

So looking forward to sailing the Bucentaure.

I own two Vics but I prefer to sail the Pavel.

Bring on more of the other nations ships.

And to Ragnar, what a lovely job you've done, another one I'm so looking forward to sailing.

Thanks for taking the time to create her.

• Like 1

Personally I'm a little disappointed it is in the Spanish livery, even if it does carry more guns/crew (not fussed about that though). I'd much rather that the captured versions of ships were held as 'premiums' (if they're still looking to have premium ships to sell), especially as the Hermione served for 14 years in her British livery, and then for another 5 years in the Royal Navy after being recaptured, compared to just 2 years in Spanish service. I also have a personal preference for the ochre and black banding many nations used.

However the model itself is beautiful and I can't fault the beauty and detail of the paintjob, even despite my above reservations, and I would not be surprised to find myself favouring it as my frigate of choice.

• Like 1

Personally I'm a little disappointed it is in the Spanish livery, even if it does carry more guns/crew (not fussed about that though). I'd much rather that the captured versions of ships were held as 'premiums' (if they're still looking to have premium ships to sell), especially as the Hermione served for 14 years in her British livery, and then for another 5 years in the Royal Navy after being recaptured, compared to just 2 years in Spanish service. I also have a personal preference for the ochre and black banding many nations used.

However the model itself is beautiful and I can't fault the beauty and detail of the paintjob, even despite my above reservations, and I would not be surprised to find myself favouring it as my frigate of choice.

Maybe the answer is to have paint/skin options so players can pick which colours she sails as?

I think this could work for many of the ships, lets face it, most had sister ships, so maybe a skin for each name/nation?

The name on the back of the ship would be part of the skin too, so quick swap job.

I hate to say it, but I have paid for such add ons.

Doesn´t matter if  devs call her Hermione, Santa Cecilia... I think these types of arguments go to nowhere. It´s a ship to enjoy, no to argue.

+1

Ragnar, she looks sexy as hell ! Great job, really ! Having her and the french Hermione is going to be great ! Depending on her speed and agility, she might replace my beloved Cherubin.

Edited by Kair
  • Like 1

+1

Ragnar, she looks sexy as hell ! Great job, really ! Having her and the french Hermione is going to be great ! Depending on her speed and agility, she might replace my beloved Cherubin.

Cherubin will never be replaced. No ship can beat the most loved frigate in the game :P

• 2 weeks later...

Great job. I love sailing the frigates and my Bel Poule is my favourite ship in game so far, so I'm looking for something different to sail with a similar flavour.

What would you say would be the differences between the Bel and Cecilia in game?

Great job. I love sailing the frigates and my Bel Poule is my favourite ship in game so far, so I'm looking for something different to sail with a similar flavour.

What would you say would be the differences between the Bel and Cecilia in game?

Keep in mind that all I am saying is mostly hypothetical, but you could expect it to be around a Belle Poule and a Cherubin yes. The Santa should have 26x12 pounders on lower deck and 16x9 pounders on the poopdeck, so she should have more canon fire power then the Belle Poule, but a tiny bit less then the Cherubin. I'm not sure about caro, but I've heard she has 24 pdrs and not 32, in wish case she would be behind the BP and Cherubin.

Also, it should have lower HP (armor) then then the Belle Poule and thr Frigate but around the same Thickness. Regarding speed and turn rate, she should also be verry close to the Cherubin, meaning a bit less then the Belle for the speed, but a bit more for the turn rate.

Finally, she has bow AND sturn chassers. She really is "in between" the Cherubin and the Belle Poule if you ask me, a great addition to our mid class frigates !

• Like 1

Theyre doing it because there are already a million english ships in the game...giving it the spanish name is a way to throw spanish players a bone while still giving english fans their ship

First, I know I'm rather late to comment, but.

Ummm.  You don't know what you are talking about.  When the ship was being discussed in the Testers forum, the admin listed it as the Bloody Hermione, and Maturin suggested it be called a different name so as not to be confused with L'Hermione which is also in the works.  Admin and others liked the Spanish name, so that is what was chosen.  There was no discussion of "throwing spanish players a bone."  It is a Spanish ship anyway.  And Ragnar gave his reasons for making it.

It is an extremely beautiful ship.  None of the pictures do it justice.  The weathering quality is unreal.  You can see the weathering between the boards it is so high quality.

• Like 1

Yes, I am hoping a British version will have smaller guns on weather decks (6pdr / 24pdr carronade), less crew, but somewhat better performance / handling.

edit: note, however, that Hermione and her sister ships always carried more than 32 pieces, but some were carronades and not counted in her rating.  Ships in the class had 38 guns / carronades, which may actually accord with what is in the game already, not counting chasers (which were seldom / never carried as permanent guns).  But none carried 9pdrs on the weatherdecks.

• Like 2

Yes, I am hoping a British version will have less guns, smaller guns on weather decks (6pdr / 18pdr carronade), less crew, but better performance.

Well, you can at least down grade the the guns on the ship if you want. You'll gain a bit a speed and reload speed. :)

Wait, has Santa Cecilia been released? Because she wasn't in the patch notes that I read...

There was a bug where everyone above 28 got the blue print, however it has since been fixed so you cant get the santa any more.

There was a bug where everyone above 28 got the blue print, however it has since been fixed so you cant get the santa any more.

Lucky me. Built one yesterday and got to test drive her. So far, I'm liking her. The extra 24pd carronades on the top give her quite a bite up close.