Game-Labs Forum

Danish Flagships form the 17th (Mega Mix)

Danish Flagships form the 17th 

Christianus Quintus aka Prins Christian aka Elefanten/The elephant

length 146 ft, width of 38 ft, and a depth of 13 feet and 9 inches

armed with 84 guns and a crew of 567 men.

P5EFwt3.jpg

LIhuiOl.jpg

DdWoX7e.jpg

2kIpB5P.jpg

mUsXDGE.jpg

97gPHZ6.jpg

zPIl6HZ.jpg

Fredericus Quartus

Fredericus Quartus 1699 was one of  the largest ship in the world in her time , 

and  largest in Danish Navy ever.

She was 1695 laests (c.3400 t.) displacement.

Dimensions were : 185 x 50 x 21, draught was 20-2/22-2(22-6) ft.

Guns:28-36, 28-18, 28-12, 20-6, 6-4 = 110 (1992 lb.)

The crew was 950 men.

FXOxATF.jpg

AyKXEbf.jpg

33MpBiz.jpg

rJVvpDz.jpg

MooLHcq.jpg

Version 2

5ucd6Kg.jpg

YN8o52Q.jpg

OQHeMLy.jpg

Sophia amalia

Deplasement : 2000 tonn

Length strings : 165 English fot 

width: 38.6 fot , 40.3  fot

depth : 17.6 fot , 20 fot 

Beset Ning : 430-680 mann , can have 885 mann

Components: 86-108 guns

TUSxiai.jpg

YdDSaWy.jpg

oRmJxwd.jpg

04Wi5YQ.jpg

1NAHLkm.jpg

pMGamP1.jpg

eKOV9EI.jpg

CdTXxNG.jpg

tnHvLkG.jpg

79jNdfV.jpg

Dannebroge - Danish LineShip

94 Cannons

Length 164 ft (51.5 m)

Width 42.5 feet ( 13.3 m)

Draught 20.5 feet ( 6.4 m)

u1N9Uzs.jpg

Rk9qD2V.jpg

ee2NvVk.jpg

dFJ7L41.jpg

yUNO0xQ.jpg

O667tTU.jpg

iVIyO2U.jpg

KqysZpm.jpg

pNh8pus.jpg

itEgKt6.jpg

w3SLhlH.jpg

qSSASuW.jpg

Thats it for now, i hope you enjoyed.

There might be historical inaccuracies.

Edited by Sir_Wiener_Von_Snitzel
  • Like 8

That Dannebroge is beautiful. I don't care it is from 1692...during the 2015 poll, many said it would be outclassed by the later SOL's of 1770-1825... But such a beauty, why wouldn't you sail it out of love? And its story of sacrifice in heroic defense?

What's not to love?

Edited by Grim DeGrim

That Dannebroge is beautiful. I don't care it is from 1692...during the 2015 poll, many said it would be outclassed by the later SOL's of 1770-1825... But such a beauty, why wouldn't you sail it out of love? And its story of sacrifice in heroic defense?

What's not to love?

I agree totally.  It isn't all about power in fact for me at least, the entire romance of the Age of Sail centers around how beautiful some of these ships are.  Generally I would rather said something that is average in performance but beautiful verse the best ship in the game, if it didn't have as pleasing aesthetics.  Also lets face facts, even a Trin can give a Connie a run for its money and I don't think there are many people who would not immediately recognize that the Connie is a better ship.  Same will be for any of these older ships, they might not be as good as a say a Victory but they will probably be at least as good as a Bellona or maybe whatever 2nd rates they come up with which means they can still offer meaningful contributions to any fight despite not being the best ship of their rate.

• Like 3

Exterior of those ships is way too baroque for me. Goddamn colour explosion. Not to mention those gunports. Ewww. 

Wasn't there a 18th century Fredericus Something that would be a much better addition to the game? It was in the player selected ship poll. 

edit: Christian VII, mid 18th century. Fits the timeline a LOT better, looks a LOT better (fine, subjective that). 

Problem with these 17th century ships is that they *will* be outclassed later on. No doubt about it. 

Edited by SchurkjeBoefje

Seems to be the ships that Game Labs wants. From the 2015 player polls, the criteria was:

1600-1830 hard limit

1690-1790 preferred

There is obviously a plan for older ships, if you can be sailing one from 1600...

Hmm - I thought I read somewhere they were moving to a 1720 time frame for the lower limit?

Hmm - I thought I read somewhere they were moving to a 1720 time frame for the lower limit?

i hope they do, as thats the real "Beautiful Age Of Sail", after the 1800 its was all abourt the quality insted of aesthetic.

Witch is understandable, but i like the old ones better. But of course its relative too the viewer, there will

always be people like SchukjeBoebje that wont agree. But you cant argue that the detail and craftmanship thats been

put into these ships are incredible.

Edited by mortenlnielsen

Thank you for sharing this mix with us :) really nice ships and i hope that for the next ship poll what ship next would be only for the North Europe country s

In my opinion they are next in line that developers need to give a little care . They where not just an observers in that time period they where quite involved in world shaping policies of that time and they did have a nice and powerful ships .

Further more considering of the knowledge in ship building and naval affairs and navigation through history i really think that the next ship poll will be only of the North Europe Country s (DanNor,Swe primary )

And note that im not from those country s so im not cheering for my domestic ship design.

Exterior of those ships is way too baroque for me. Goddamn colour explosion. Not to mention those gunports. Ewww. 

Wasn't there a 18th century Fredericus Something that would be a much better addition to the game? It was in the player selected ship poll. 

edit: Christian VII, mid 18th century. Fits the timeline a LOT better, looks a LOT better (fine, subjective that). 

Problem with these 17th century ships is that they *will* be outclassed later on. No doubt about it. 

I dont see Fredericus Quartus beigen outclassed by much, 110 guns, that thing will surely give anything a run for its money. 

• Like 1

Also i think the game need more 1st rate ships, becaus already 

many have reach the santi, and alot of the excitement (for me atleast)

was unlocking new ships.

I'm going to have to disappoint you. The object of the game is not about unlocking ship, in fact, the Sea Trials (battle arena) are only build to allow the testing of the ships. The unlocking by earning damage points is build so that each ship gets enough testing time, instead of everybody jumping straight for the Victory.

At this point in time, it is unknown how you get access to ships in the open world.

~Brigand

• Like 1

I'm going to have to disappoint you. The object of the game is not about unlocking ship, in fact, the Sea Trials (battle arena) are only build to allow the testing of the ships. The unlocking by earning damage points is build so that each ship gets enough testing time instead of everybody jumping straight for the Victory.

At this point in time, it is unknown how you get access to ships in the open world.

~Brigand

By unlocking i mean getting better ships by progressing in the game, i really hope you gonna still keep that aspect of the game.

It donest matter if its with damage XP/ money and portbusiness or whatever. Just so we wont only see first rate.

And if your ship sink, you should lose it. Because right now, many have unlocked the santi, and therefore dont care if they get xp or sink quick in battles.

So they just charge in and ram as many ship as they can, witch can be kinda annyiong.

By unlocking i mean getting better ships by progressing in the game, i really hope you gonna still keep that aspect of the game.

It donest matter if its with damage XP/ money and portbusiness or whatever. Just so we wont only see first rate.

And if your ship sink, you should lose it. Because right now, many have unlocked the santi, and therefore dont care if they get xp or sink quick in battles.

So they just charge in and ram as many ship as they can, witch can be kinda annyiong.

First of all, I'm not part of the development team, I'm just a volunteer keeping an eye on the forums.

From what I have been able to piece together about the Open World is that the economy will play a role in it. How you would acquire a ship is also not clear yet. Maybe you get assigned one from the admiralty based on your track record (in which case you maybe you could loose your rank?) maybe some other method will be thought out, we simply don't know. There have been definite hints that you will loose your ship when she sinks and won't magically reappear in port (but nothing has been confirmed either). In any case, the idea seems to be that if you loose your ship, it will hurt.

~Brigand

• Like 1