Paintings

etEPOme.jpg

0WjEBxl.jpg

GvCaya2.jpg

Hope you enjoyed

There might be historical inaccuracies.

Edited by Sir_Wiener_Von_Snitzel
  • Like 15

I have to admit the more I look at this ship the more I like it....sort of.  I mean it is has a kind of ugly, boxy, squat look to it BUT.....it has so much character that I think it would be an amazing addition at some point.  To me, these ships with character are vitally important to really make this game visually pop and stand out.

• Like 2

Consider how she went out. This ship was not left to rot, or to be smashed up.

"The Danish-Norwegian fleet succeeded in making it back to Copenhagen without suffering any great losses. This was in no little way due to the heroic efforts of Captain Iver Huitfeldt on board the man-of-war DANNEBROGE.

Despite a violent fire on-board, he kept up the fight thus drawing the Swedish fleet’s attention away from the rest of the ships. After an hour's battle, the man-of-war exploded killing nearly 600 men – including Captain Iver Huitfeldt."

http://www.navalhist...ybefore1801.htm

The story of sacrifice alone makes it worthy :)

Edited by Grim DeGrim
  • Like 3

I might suggest the 1770 Danneborge ship instead.  It is a bit more modern looking, and the blueprints are free on the Orlogsbaden website.  It is a 60 gun ship of the line, a 3rd rate one in the league of the Bellona.

Yeah but until now the game havnet got any second rate ships, so would like this (the 1710) more

Edited by mortenlnielsen

I have to admit the more I look at this ship the more I like it....sort of.  I mean it is has a kind of ugly, boxy, squat look to it BUT.....it has so much character that I think it would be an amazing addition at some point.  To me, these ships with character are vitally important to really make this game visually pop and stand out.

The reason its kinda boxy is It has a very wide hull.

meant to keep it very stable and would not heel over as much as other ships when under full sail, 

designed for operating in shallower waters, witch there is a lot of the  in Baltic Sea.

Edited by mortenlnielsen

The reason its kinda boxy is It has a very wide hull.

meant to keep it very stable and would not heel over as much as other ships when under full sail, 

designed for operating in shallower waters like a lot of the Baltic Sea is.

Yet another good reason to include her in game.  She will have much different sailing characteristics that the deep water SoLs we currently have in game.  Also she has a much light armament as well, again probably due to needing to be able to operate in those shallower waters.  

Was thinking the exact same thing... the more you look at it, the more it grows on you.. it's got character and oozes of lethality IMO.

Great back story... Got to think of the captain keeping the ship in combat for an hour despite being on fire. Was fatal in the end, but "romantic" (did u really just use that word?) in terms of ship lore.

Edited by Grim DeGrim

• 5 weeks later...

The more Danish ships the better! (Yes, i'm biased - I'm a Dane). 

For once a game is made about the period in which Denmark were a superior nation in many ways and it would be amazing to see a Danish ship make it into a game like Naval Action. I get a weird feeling of pride and honor just thinking about sailing a Danish Ship in here. 
Cheers. 

• Like 3