28 x 36 -pound heavier artillery
Mellomdekk :
28 x 18 - pounder guns
Upper dekk :
28 x 12 - pounder guns
Redoubt and the tray :
20 6 -pounder and six 4- pounder guns
Crew 950

The  Fredericus Quartus was the largest ship of the line ever constructed for the Danish navy. One of less thana dozen Danish ships of the line to have carried 36 pdr guns. Originally named "Store Christianus Quintus" after the reigning king at the time she was designed her name was changed to "Fredericus Quartus" upon Frederick IV's accession to the Danish throne. In contrary to the Danish flagships of the 17th century, the ship never became involved in "close quarter action" with Swedish warships in contrary to the Danish flagships of the 17th century. "Fredericus Quartus" was one of the most beautifully decorated Danish battleships of her day, though possibly the design of her ornamentation did not rate as highly as the "Elefanten" of 1703. Judichær's complete and richly detailed colored design drawings of the carvings and decorative scheme for the "Fredericus Quartus' " bow, figurehead, and stern galleries survive in the Danish archives.

N6RkRwP.jpg

VjheSI3.jpg

Drawing

SHcRkpV.jpg

5PTfFsi.jpglR6s7Hm.jpg5zcLcKv.jpg

MooLHcq.jpgT3HJ8Rd.jpg

Edited by mortenlnielsen
  • Like 3

i just feel like if they decide to put a danish ship into the game (which i hope) why not the biggest ship of all time :)

but i agree sophia amalia is fantastic too

I see your point, but in my opinion; there's only a 2 cannon difference (Sophia had 108, specifically commissioned by the King to surpass the HMS Sovereign of the Seas in guns), and I think she's a much prettier ship to look at.

I'll stand behind any Danish ship suggestions, but my personal preference is the Sophia.

It's an interesting ship, but i think it would be cooler if they added a danish lineship with more action.

If there is one danish ship i would see in game its hvide ørn/vita örn/hvite ørn from 1711.
there arent really that many plans of it but its probably the scandinavian ship with the most interesting story. and pretty modern for its day.

or add some scandinavian galleys ;)
As Tordenskjold said, I'll stand behind any danish ship, or swedish for that matter, need more variety.

Not the prettiest ship ever, is it? =/ Foremast very far forward, short bowsprit, lot of height above the waterline. Could work as flagship of earlyish Danish fleets.

I'd be much more interested to see the linesoldiers of Scandinavian fleets, though, instead of these one-off prestige fortresses. Looking at her, she probably sailed like a stuck pig. 

This has a heavier broadside weight than the ST or Victory.

Edit:  Wait, nm.  You didn't calculate the broadside weight.  Broadside weight is 992, slightly more than the Bellona (892).  It will be slower and less maneuverable than the Bellona.  Does look really cool though.

another thing that turns me of the quartus is the lowbow height above the water line wich gives you a nice uncovered front wich exposes the gundecks far more to crossing the T.

and she looks more of a bath tube.

and you gota love these long keels below the bowspit from the old days <3

gIMG_2662.jpg

• Like 1

Must say I love the Danish designs, they all look beautiful!

So sad the 90gun 2nd rate Christian VII did not come out in the poll  http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/2994-player-selected-ships-2015-final-poll/

Would add a different flavor to the game

Any chance It could still make it as a wild card?

• 3 months later...

Not the prettiest ship ever, is it? =/ Foremast very far forward, short bowsprit, lot of height above the waterline. Could work as flagship of earlyish Danish fleets.

I'd be much more interested to see the linesoldiers of Scandinavian fleets, though, instead of these one-off prestige fortresses. Looking at her, she probably sailed like a stuck pig.

Could always make it a premium lol