Game-Labs Forum

Crafting changes in the next hot fix - delay ship crafting till then

Hello captains

We will remove the minor randomness in upgrade slots in the next hot fix. If you want to have full control over upgrade slots please delay ship crafting until the hotfix. ETA this Wednesday or Thursday (2-3 Nov). 

Grey ship will have guaranteed 1 permanent and 1 regular upgrade slot

Exceptional ship will have guaranteed 3 permanent and 5 regular upgrade slots

npc captured ships will remain the same.

We will also temporarily change the wood types colors (until the final wipe). It will make some ships improve their color of quality (without changing the characteristics). This is done to avoid downgrading of color as happened before in the patch. (also remember that color does not matter). 

• Like 28

Hello captains

We will remove the minor randomness in upgrade slots in the next hot fix. If you want to have full control over upgrade slots please delay ship crafting until the hotfix. ETA this Wednesday or Thursday (2-3 Nov).

thx

Edit: didn't even knew that there were problems - Haven't craftet 1 ship yet cause I'm not able to get my hand on the ressources I need. But thats okay the way it is - Crafting now is something achievable. I like it.

Edited by Twig

Thanks I swear RNG hates me. I make a ship for myself I get  2/4 exceptional. I make it for some one else they get 3/5's.   Yah RNG just hates me lol  Well I was going to make a new ship tonight after server reset in a new zone, just gives me reason to wait a bit to gather more resources and build more than one.

thx

Edit: didn't even knew that there were problems - Haven't craftet 1 ship yet cause I'm not able to get my hand on the ressources I need. But thats okay the way it is - Crafting now is something achievable. I like it.

Sounds like you need a clan to help you find those difficult to find fine resources. 

• Like 1

Thanks I swear RNG hates me. I make a ship for myself I get  2/4 exceptional. I make it for some one else they get 3/5's.   Yah RNG just hates me lol  Well I was going to make a new ship tonight after server reset in a new zone, just gives me reason to wait a bit to gather more resources and build more than one.

Been there done that.

I previously crafted a string of 2/5 and 3/5 ships for another clan, then crafted one for myself and it came out 2/4.   :angry:

Edited by Chijohnaok

On a final wipe, everything will go.  Most likely even your crafting levels and your character level. 

Crafting XP and character level will stay as is. Final wipe will be a Asset wipe.  Gold, ships, modules, warehouses, resources and such. 

Edited by TITAN

On a final wipe, everything will go.  Most likely even your crafting levels and your character level. 

Devs have said over and over they will prob allow us to keep our Rank and Crafting level (but will have to relearn BP's).   This will be when it goes live, but to be honest to test the game I think when it goes to a beta stage is when the should do the wipe to test things from scratch.   Hell to be honest the really need to do one right now.  There is way to many players sitting on millions and tons of mats so they don't have issues with finding stuff.  Hell I bet our clan a lone has several 100 1st rates from crafting them and those we captured.

I noticed that you said there will be a final wipe, how much will we lose?

Off topic.

Correct your helm, sailor.

Crafting XP and character level will stay as is. Final wipe will be a Asset wipe.  Gold, ships, modules, warehouses, resources and such. 

Please do not repeat rumors.  

Please stay on topic: crafting changes.

• Like 1

ETA this Wednesday or Thursday (2-3 Nov). 

Listen. It is very imporant that you deploy this hot fix tomorrow (Wednesday). Thank you  :wub:

(I'm just kidding. Even it would make me really happy if it comes out on Wednesday :D )

Great, I just built an exceptional Bellona a little while ago and it dropped 2/4; would've been nice to have had the Halt Crafting warning in game before I wasted all those fine logs that are so damn expensive!!!!!

:(

There is nothing wrong with a 2/4 ship, that extra slot or two is not going to make your boat a god ship and if you need mods that much to make a difference in your play, well hate to say it's prob the ships captian that sucks not the boat.  Just wait until they do a ship wipe and we only have 3 mod slots like they plan.    I can all ready just hear all the cry babies...that forget this is an EA Alpha stage testing we are doing.

Wow you are attached to pixels, in BETA?!??!

1de34aef8491355877285bad1c723b25a94f4403

You mean ALPHA.   We aren't in BETA stage yet, but it's funny how many people say they will leave if there is a wipe.  They have said there will be one since day one and have said it over and over nothing is for sure, other than keeping your Rank. and maybe crafting xp.   Hell I kinda think one would be good to clear out these guys that abused the system or just sit on tons and tons of resources right now.  Make them have to actually get the new stuff and play test instead of just going around dropping millions cause they can to buy things out.

• Like 3

There is nothing wrong with a 2/4 ship, that extra slot or two is not going to make your boat a god ship and if you need mods that much to make a difference in your play, well hate to say it's prob the ships captian that sucks not the boat.  Just wait until they do a ship wipe and we only have 3 mod slots like they plan.    I can all ready just hear all the cry babies...that forget this is an EA Alpha stage testing we are doing.

You mean ALPHA.   We aren't in BETA stage yet, but it's funny how many people say they will leave if there is a wipe.  They have said there will be one since day one and have said it over and over nothing is for sure, other than keeping your Rank. and maybe crafting xp.   Hell I kinda think one would be good to clear out these guys that abused the system or just sit on tons and tons of resources right now.  Make them have to actually get the new stuff and play test instead of just going around dropping millions cause they can to buy things out.

I didnt say it was a crap ship I was just stating the obvious that it has less options for mods than a 3/5. If you'd rather have my 2/4 Bellona than a 3/5 one you have, feel free to trade me!