Game-Labs Forum

Danish and Pirate clan "Sorry" are now at war

helgur

The Danish Norwegian nation has for the longest of time been affiliated with the pirate faction, and we have had a very constructive relationships with our dealings in warfare. Thanks to many of the pirate clans, we've been able to carry the game against much more larger foes and threats. The signatory of this post still remembers with fondness the help and mutual assistance we gave each other in common campaigns, before I took a hiatus of leave in the summer months for vacation.

But both times and sentiments change and we've found it impossible to deal with their latest «diplomatic approaches». A friendship is based on mutual respect and understanding. While we do understand to an extent the predicament they face, the respect presented by the latest diplomatic approaches from Lord Vicious (Sorry Pirate clan leader) have in late been absent. On the contrary, it has been directly hostile, manipulative and insulting.

I had a word with his pirate lordship the other day on teamspeak, in order to confront him with the incursion against the port of Macao on the eastern coast of Haiti. He explained to me that the capture of the port was sanctioned by our diplomats. Which is strange, since I had been assured by all our diplomats since we got news of their plans that the Danish diplomatic corps had refused any support for the Pirates against their enemies if it meant we had to turn over any Danish ports.

According to Vicious on the other hand, our diplomats wanted to make a back room deal which meant they could attack the Swedes by using our ports as a staging ground, and we would allegedly only put up a token resistance to “show” the other nations that we didn't break any treaties.

As I explained to him, no Danish diplomat has a carte Blanche to negotiate any such things without their respective clan leaders involvement. This fell on both deaf ears and on an increasingly heated temperament from his part (which ended in him rage quitting our conversation). His position was uncompromising as he continued to make threats not only against the Danish nation as a whole but also about releasing some “incriminating” evidence that would show proof of our elegidly backroom dealings with them. I await in anticipation for him to release those, so we can address it individually and in honesty.

Until then my position is the same as it always has been: The attack on our ports is unacceptable and I demanded the withdrawal of the Pirate forces. This demand was not met, so I verbally gave him a deceleration of war as I am now giving it officially on the national news: From this day forth, and until all Pirates have been removed from Danish holdings, the Danish nation is at war with the Pirate clan “Sorry”, and any pirate that might aid them. This situation will last until the SORRY clan has been expelled from the Antilles treaty borders.

To prove that we did not and do not have any “hidden” agenda, we have promptly negotiated a temporarily ceasefire with the British, a temporarily defensive cooperation with the Swedish and assistance from the French in order to face this threat, as pr the Antilles treaty. We will cooperate in and out of port battles, and begin operations to reclaim the pirate holdings in eastern Haiti (Macao), and defending any other ports, whether it be Swedish or Danish.

Signed

Helgur

RDNN Clan leader.

edit: for clarification, see bolded and italic text for the amendments

Edited by helgur
  • Like 20

we have promptly negotiated a ceasefire with the British, and a defensive alliance with the Swedish

I literally said 'Oh, my gosh' out loud. My husband was wondering what happened. Seriously, what is with all this peace!? Is it going to be everyone vs pirates?! Yay, more fun for me!

• Like 2

I still maintain....the in game diplomacy can NEVER be as good as the player created diplomacy.

When I get back into my chair (having just fallen out of it) I shall watch this one with appropriate WTF just happened there then eyes !!

And so another episode begins.

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 20

I still maintain....the in game diplomacy can NEVER be as good as the player created diplomacy.

When I get back into my chair (having just fallen out of it) I shall watch this one with appropriate WTF just happened there then eyes !!

And so another episode begins.

Oh I wouldn't worry too much Jeheil. Remember alliances have to be voted every week and run for two weeks. Enough people vote against the status quo and alliances will fall simply because they must be maintained by a majority vote on both sides. 

So basically your piling on with the others because when diplomacy comes out you don't want to be left on the other side.  How you get to this is by burning bridges with a nation you clearly think is doomed to dev-struction.

Seems fair enough.  See you on the seas.

So basically your piling on with the others because when diplomacy comes out you don't want to be left on the other side.  How you get to this is by burning bridges with a nation you clearly think is doomed to dev-struction.

Read again: SORRY and SORRY allied clans seen assisting SORRY in Danish/Swedish waters only. Not the pirates as a whole.

• Like 2

Actually if you will notice the declaration is again a specific clan and not the whole of pirates. And this isn't the first... or second... or third.. incident created by Vicious, nor do I imagine it will be the last. He so enjoys creating drama and so many allow themselves to be lead into it by him. 

He's behavior with Helgur on this matter is not shocking to me, there is a reason that the U.S. players from back when he was in the U.S. nicknamed him Angry Wario on teamspeak ;)

• Like 5

LoL did you even read the OP. SORRY decided to start a war with the danes, they took a port from them without proper permissions and then refused to give it back. 

LoL did you even read the OP. SORRY decided to start a war with the danes, they took a port from them without proper permissions and then refused to give it back. 

I am going to be perfectly honest. I personally think Sorry would let us take back the port in the end, if we would have agreed to their ultimatum. But we have no interest in:

1) Being manipulated and intimidated by so called "friends" and

2) Having the Swedish nation burned to the ground and replaced with pirates right next door to our home waters

We would much rather see a thriving pirate faction in Haiti, near their own home waters. This is off course wishful thinking, in the current situation of the game where they are at war with every conceivable piece of wood that floats on the seas. Which is a shame, which makes it even more puzzling why they decided to take this route and decide to declare war on the only Nation left which have friendly(ish) feelings towards them. But I'll let Lord Vicious explain that one, I am sure he has an explanation.

As to the second point, I've explained to my fellow Danish players why I am against this. Which I have some pretty good reasons for, but won't go into detail here. Most of us are pretty unified in this conflict against the Sorry clan, despite our past history.

Edited by helgur
  • Like 3

I am going to be perfectly honest. I personally think Sorry would let us take back the port in the end, if we would have agreed to their ultimatum. But we have no interest in:

Yes on terms THEY set. SORRY under LV, is more then happy to burn bridges with long time friends to insure they get to fight a weaker foe and get lots of screen shots.

• Like 6

1) Being manipulated and intimidated by so called "friends" and

2) Having the Swedish nation burned to the ground and replaced with pirates right next door to our home waters

We would much rather see a thriving pirate faction in Haiti, near their own home waters. This is off course wishful thinking, in the current situation of the game where they are at war with every conceivable piece of wood that floats on the seas. Which is a shame, which makes it even more puzzling why they decided to take this route and decide to declare war on the only Nation left which have friendly(ish) feelings towards them. But I'll let Lord Vicious explain that one, I am sure he has an explanation.

As to the second point, I've explained to my fellow Danish players why I am against this. Which I have some pretty good reasons for, but won't go into detail here. Most of us are pretty unified in this conflict against the Sorry clan, despite our present history.

As we haven't held a session regarding this, I can't speak for the US Nation or US Congress, but I suspect I will be setting up an outpost in La Mona shortly. I am a firm believer of the thinking that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend," and I am eager to see what fun this war will create.

• Like 2

Helgur,

The alliance that was once shared between the US and the Danes and which has since deteriorated, simply due to circumstances within the game, is looked back on fondly. Although, in recent months we have seen an increasing clash between our respective privateer forces our general overall feeling toward the Danes is positive.

Your declaration is well appreciated by me individually and many members of my clan. It appears you have received a taste of the Lord Vicious that we became familiar with while he was a member of our fleet.

As a leader of Tattered Flags I will pledge our clans support for the Danes, should we find ourselves in a position to aid you in your removal of the pirate clan from your borders during our travels.

Thomas Pain

TF Commanding

• Like 4

Bring out the black flags boys, Danes are back on the menu.

I hope you are prepared to have long meals. Danish lunches can last hours. As a man of heavy Danish decent I've had a few :)

Edited by Cutler Beckett of SOB
  • Like 2

Read again: SORRY and SORRY allied clans seen assisting SORRY in Danish/Swedish waters only. Not the pirates as a whole.

sorta irrelevant isn't it...who are sorry allies...you didn't list them and any pirate might aid them...are you saying you will defend your ports or that you are at war?

Tattered Flags amends its statement to the Danes by adding that our clan has put a moratorium on unprovoked pvp against any nation operating in the passage between Macao and Cabo Rojo. This is extended to both friend and foe. Of course this does not apply to the pirates as they are not a nation in our eyes.

They declared war against the pirates essentially, let'em burn.

Nope, the war was initiated by your clan leader when he attacked our ports. We didn't ask for this war. And we are not at war with the Pirates, only Sorry and any pirate that aid them in taking our ports (which also has been extended to Swedish ports since we now are in an alliance with them, after you declared war on us).

If you manage to put a spin on that, I'll actually be impressed. It can't be more clear cut.

• Like 2

Nope, the war was initiated by your clan leader when he attacked our ports. We didn't ask for this war. And we are not at war with the Pirates, only Sorry and any pirate that aid them in taking our ports (which also has been extended to Swedish ports since we now are in an alliance with them, after you declared war on us).

If you manage to put a spin on that, I'll actually be impressed. It can't be more clear cut.

Yeahhh you pretty much declared war on the pirates. You can't just tag one clan and expect the others to play your carebear games.

scuttle.jpg

Edited by Snoggy