Game-Labs Forum

Coalitions war

Celtiberofrog

Why do you speak for Great Britain? We are going to show Spain what it deserves, the show has just begun.

Arrogance arrogance and double of arrogance............ OMG........... 

You feel strong, and your mouth runs fastest than your brain............. XD

Wait until September when people comes back from holidays...... And we talk... ;)

But I imagine you prefer to repeat first try of delete us from game..... first with americans, now with VP..... Never alone..... Never in front........

Dont worry....... If you finally let us reduced to four ports, or one...... we will come back again to be a grain in your ass....... Why?............. Because you love it.....

As I told once in this forum....... On game wind keeps changing..............   ;)
Edited by Alvar Fanez de Minaya

Why do you speak for Great Britain? We are going to show Spain what it deserves, the show has just begun

bullies seems that only appear when things go well , as they become worse, as when the pirates attacked , become like ostriches hide heads in the sand

French Art of War:

Aria complaining on the forum

France had a full fleet of 1rst rate and more in the Haiti area, ready to play the game as it is meant to be played. Too bad you guys prefered to dick around with the flag mechanic at Fort Antonio instead of playing the game. Almost everyone left at that moment and wait for the patch to correct this. Hopefully, they will return, or maybe not...

But who knows, maybe Brits prefer empty PB's to the real game. At least, it seems to give them bragging rights on the forum.

Edited by Serk
  • Like 3

France had a full fleet of 1rst rate and more in the Haiti area, ready to play the game as it is meant to be played. Too bad you guys prefered to dick around with the flag mechanic at Fort Antonio instead of playing the game. Almost everyone left at that moment and wait for the patch to correct this. Hopefully, they will return, or maybe not...

But who knows, maybe Brits prefer empty PB's to the real game. At least, it seems to give them bragging rights on the forum.

Hi pot, meet kettle!

Verenigde Provinciën had a full fleet and more in Haiti area, ready to play the game as its is meant to be played. Too bad you guys preferred to dick around with basic cutter BR tagging mechanic instead of playing the game. Almost everyone hated it but did they stop playing and cry about it in the forums? (Well actually we did cry about it in the forums but we still kept playing!)

But who knows, maybe French prefer playing the victim to the real game. At least, it seems to give them crying rights on the forum.

Edited by Knobby
  • Like 1

Hi pot, meet kettle!

Verenigde Provinciën had a full fleet and more in Haiti area, ready to play the game as its is meant to be played. Too bad you guys preferred to dick around with basic cutter BR tagging mechanic instead of playing the game. Almost everyone hated it but did they stop playing and cry about it in the forums? (Well actually we did cry about it in the forums but we still kept playing!)

But who knows, maybe French prefer playing the victim to the real game. At least, it seems to give them crying rights on the forum.

And the cutter tagging exploit quickly got fixed.

Edited by Serk

And then you stopped playing, apparently it was your only tactic?

Oh and, like it has been mentioned many times, there is an easy way around the friendly flag mechanic as well...

Blockade the target port before you craft your flag, and the friendly flag cannot be planted. There, fixed it for ya.

Edited by Knobby

look at the port timers there is a british port open you can attack 18 hrs out of 24 .. only time there is no port to attack is between 0600 -1000  the french have most port timers set 1800 - 2200   how the french can complain about port timers is beyond me ...unless you live in europe you have no chance of attacking a french port ...this is a global game play it as one ....

And then you stopped playing, apparently it was your only tactic?

Oh and, like it has been mentioned many times, there is an easy way around the friendly flag mechanic as well...

Blockade the target port before you craft your flag, and the friendly flag cannot be planted. There, fixed it for ya.

The swedish and dutch players can attest if this was the only tactic used by France in their previous war or not.

Regarding the flags, the devs aknowledged this was an inintended use of a game mechanic and more options were considered to correct this, including a gentleman agreement not to use it, hopefully enforced by the Tribunal : http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/15067-no-tribunal-cheatersexploiters-players/?p=279448

Considering the polarizing effet the chosen solution had in the player base and it's poor reception in half of the community, it is obvious to me that it has failed.

Maybe the gentlemen's agreement could have been worth a try. After all, it was easy to indentify the involved player with a simple screenshot.

Edited by Serk
  • Like 1

look at the port timers there is a british port open you can attack 18 hrs out of 24 .. only time there is no port to attack is between 0600 -1000  the french have most port timers set 1800 - 2200   how the french can complain about port timers is beyond me ...unless you live in europe you have no chance of attacking a french port ...this is a global game play it as one ....

As a french player living in North america, I personally do not complain about the port timer. To me, it only illustrate how much of an advantage a nation with an ''all around the world'' playerbase has over one that doesn't.

Maybe this would not be an issue if the australian players would leave Great Britain and join France instead.  ;)

Edited by Serk
  • Like 1

Maybe next time plan better who you make aliances with

And the fact that you only have a french playerbase is something you can work on if you wanted. I wonder if the australians or americans want to learn to speak french or it should be the other way around.

As a french playing living in North america, I personally do not complaining about the port timer. To me, it only illustrate how much of an advantage a nation with an ''all around the world'' playerbase has over one that doesn't.

Maybe this would not be an issue if the australian players would leave Great Britain and join France instead.  ;)

that would be ok with me ... but dont you think it would be too great a difference in playing style ...they would have to change all their ships from those capable of fighting to those that are capable of running away :rolleyes:

Edited by Grundgemunkey

Maybe next time plan better who you make aliances with

And the fact that you only have a french playerbase is something you can work on if you wanted. I wonder if the australians or americans want to learn to speak french or it should be the other way around.

No, thanks, we love our allies, at least they don´t betray you when they no longer serve you.

no... the spanish dont use the "shoot cannonballs to the hull" exploit. They stick to ther rules and only shoot sails

To be fair, last 1st rate battlewas in against the spanish 3 or 4 of our ships sank with 50% side HP. They are experts at shooting leaks.

Gotta respect the mad skillz.

• Like 1

To be fair, last 1st rate battlewas in against the spanish 3 or 4 of our ships sank with 50% side HP. They are experts at shooting leaks.

Gotta respect the mad skillz.

Thanks, in that battle I also sank because I suffered too many leaks.

About Chimera says, If we shoot to sails it´s because the first thing you must do is immobilize the enemy, then, all will be easier.

I know :-)

I was just joking. Spanish fleets always did a good job kiting our fleets around and shooting sails. It can be a successful strategy.

We had 2 first rates sink at Santiago after a broadside of leaks. They did an excellent job at this. If I remember correct during Santiago battle one of our guys immediately congratulated one of the Spanish captains in char for "the best leak shot broadside" he has ever seen.

• Like 2

I know :-)

I was just joking. Spanish fleets always did a good job kiting our fleets around and shooting sails. It can be a successful strategy.

We had 2 first rates sink at Santiago after a broadside of leaks. They did an excellent job at this. If I remember correct during Santiago battle one of our guys immediately congratulated one of the Spanish captains in char for "the best leak shot broadside" he has ever seen.

Yep, I remember that