Game-Labs Forum

Dear enemy may i suggest?

Lord Vicious

Beside i not failed to break your spirit, it happened, but is obvious that after some times you recover ,And  now you doing that service to me not with 1 clan but with 4 nations so not that impressive SORRY, and usa still not get a single deep port only irrilevant shallows.

Keep going, and when the pirates are rebuilded will not be only 1 strong clan but an entire community, So next time usa will face pirates will be even harder

You never broke my spirit. You know this because I continued to fight throughout it all. You may have broken some, but you didn't break mine and  you didn't break WBK's.

I will admit that I was getting bored of the game at that point, but that was because of a lack of content, not because of your tomfoolery.

I'm not too sure on this one, worked pretty well for the Russians and Chinese if you ask me.

So when you give up buffer zones its completely fine in your eyes but when America gives up irrelevant ports it is all the sudden cowardice. You sir contradict yourself.

America lost all ports besidet capital and other 2 :P is hardly giving up a "buffer zone",   Same for us now,    we are beyond the buffer zone          (the ports up in the gulf of mexico are irrilevant tbh)

Caesar, my son,. 

Do not forget that the pen is mightier than the sword. The enemies of our Catholic King are the enemies of the Catholic Church. And the enemies of those pagan nations attacking the posessions of our King, are our friends, and therefore, blessed holy warriors, the same as our Spanish Captains and our French Allies.

Despite all his sins, Mr Vicious and his pirates are all misguided sons of God, lost sheeps of our flock, wothy of our love and compassion. I am therefore, as Metropolitan Archbishop of Havana, and by extension, of all the Caribbean, issuing a general pardon and absolution to all members of the Pirate nation for their trespassings, past, present and future. Ego te absolvo, Vicious, my son. 

*kiss the ring* 

In a certain way im a priest also  your holyness, but my faith relay on the peace through superior firepower, and btw many pirates are chatolic. 

d16a5eec-01ad-4fab-b0ad-be6f018359dc.JPG

• Like 3

piracy%2Bfreedom.jpg

I suggest you to not have any mercy towards us, this is your best chance in the NA history 4 nations vs one.

Conquer every ports we own

Kill our economy

Destroy our fleets

Hunt down every player who raise the black.

Reduce us to own  our capital only.

Becouse if you fail, And we still have ships able to stay afloat  We will hunt you down one by one and ask the USA i know no mercy.

IF this is your best i am not impressed at all, I fear all you have done is awaken a sleeping giant, and fill him with a terrible resolve.

You need 4 nations for  try to do what i have done with 1 clan, and now i have the entire nation backing me up, you made the pirate community stronger since they never where in danger so they where never in need to reform and understand how leadership and organization matter, sooo used to winning  that they where never prepared for hard times.

[sORRY] will fight!

Lol british nation had to face alone 4 nations+one clan (your clan btw when you only captured undefended ports at mexico) for months and now you cry about an (almost) even march 4 vs 4? That's a joke, right?

What's up? Did your fleet run away and left the game? Did they rage quitt?

Your salt is so sweet ;)

We don't want and don't need to reduce a nation to one port all we do is bringing you the pvp to your ports you ever wanted.

Oh and you mean you have no mercy like you failed to keep a fighting and not surrendering enemy down? The US guys are tough and didn't jump when you told them. This must give you nightmares ;)

Btw you said once when you were attacking gulf of mexico you are going to reduce britain to one port. We are still waiting.

But look it's just what you get when you troll several nations. I wonder when your allies will have enough of your bullshit and leave you alone.

• Like 3

Historical for the game history not the "History" jeez

Same for usa then, since in the period where this game is based usa not owned firstrates, so if you apply historical reason you cant select only what is good for you and bad for others

Wrong again! They had 1st rates and they would fit into the timeline of the game. The problem is they would be too powerful. Get your facts right.

And btw if they change the mechanics of pirates your biggest ship would be a 5th rate. You can try to camp with them outside of capitals. Tell how it went after you got smashed by a fleet of 4th-1st rates.

Don't think you would sail bigger ships when you don't have to attack or defend ports.

Edited by CptEdwardKenway

Same for Nations. You wouldn't be able to go Post Captain if refusing to fight even against some odds ( yes it happens all the time in NA), from the revolutionary and napoleonic wars, before and after Amiens, odds would be usually 1v2 BR, especially in the RN but also on the other navies depending on what the objectives for the squadron/ship would be.

We might reach that point with Piracy rework along with Admiralty, who knows. :)

• Like 1

Maybe Im wrong but the first nations with the good idea of reducing another to one port were USA and Britain.

Also is funny to see how someone call Pirates the black plague when Britain had nearly the same amount of ports that the Pirates. No one called them the red plague. No nation condemned the british aims of unlimited conquering.

Wrong again. Spanish/danish attacks vs britain and sverige led to a one port sverige nation. Black friday dude. People have a very bad short time memory.

And pirates had the most active players and they tried to destroy with danes britain, USA and spain and forced several players to quitt the game and they trolled dutch and sweden.

Maybe that's the reason why people talk about the black plague. This or it's just they like the color black and that's their way to show it. I don't know tell it me.

Edited by CptEdwardKenway

Caesar, my son,. 

Do not forget that the pen is mightier than the sword. The enemies of our Catholic King are the enemies of the Catholic Church. And the enemies of those pagan nations attacking the posessions of our King, are our friends, and therefore, blessed holy warriors, the same as our Spanish Captains and our French Allies.

Despite all his sins, Mr Vicious and his pirates are all misguided sons of God, lost sheeps of our flock, wothy of our love and compassion. I am therefore, as Metropolitan Archbishop of Havana, and by extension, of all the Caribbean, issuing a general pardon and absolution to all members of the Pirate nation for their trespassings, past, present and future. Ego te absolvo, Vicious, my son. 

->http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/15344-coalitions-war/

:D  :D  :D  :D  That's what I meant but I didn't want to say in public.

Edited by CeltiberoCaesar

but the difference between British and pirates, is that these are pirates and act as such, the others are called lords and act like pirates

Pirates act like pirates. Good one. There are a some yes but some clans act like conquerers.

And british clans are lords? Well actually every nation act like this including france and spain especially since they are allied with pirates (who act like pirates again?) Oh and danes since they started all the conquer madness.

America lost all ports besidet capital and other 2 :P is hardly giving up a "buffer zone",   Same for us now,    we are beyond the buffer zone          (the ports up in the gulf of mexico are irrilevant tbh)

Since you said it your self that ports are nothing but bragging rights, technically speaking every port besides your capital is a buffer zone

*kiss the ring* 

In a certain way im a priest also  your holyness, but my faith relay on the peace through superior firepower, and btw many pirates are chatolic. 

d16a5eec-01ad-4fab-b0ad-be6f018359dc.JPG

Dear Son, Lord Vicious.

I really like your cassock, it is very similar to the uniforms my private navy, he Santa Hermandad SH (Holy Brotherhood) wears in combat... without the parrot of course.

I have instructed them to give aid and comfort to any pirate ship of the SORRY clan. Spiritual guidance and religious texts will be also at hand for your crews enlightenment.

Each one of my ships has also in its hold a few boxes of the Archbishopric Rum we produce in my plantations off Havana, as a personal gift, to motivate you and your clan.

But I believe you are in no need of motivation.

I can see a holy wrath guides your actions, your ire is directed at the arrogant, pompous, abusive bullies that unjustly attacked your faction and its allies.

Be confident that when your hand strangles one of their captains, it is the hand of God doing it. When one of your cannons fires against one of those miserable, fish stinking, rotten, British, Hollandish, or Gringo sloops, the thunder you hear is God´s voice rejoicing. Do not be concerned by the consequences of your actions. As long as you fight the enemies of the cross, you will always find mercy and compassion in the Holy Catholic Church. It is written in Psalm 129.

Si iniquitates observaveris, Domine:

Domine, quis sustinebit?

Quia apud te propitiatio est:

et propter legem tuam sustinui te, Domine.

I will translate it for our ignorant, impious and uneducated opponents, that have abandoned Latin to print their false bibles in their twisted and barbaric languages:

If Thou, O Lord, wilt mark iniquities: * Lord, who shall stand it?

For with Thee there is merciful forgiveness: * and by reason of thy law, I have waited for Thee, O Lord.

Deinde, ego te absolvo a peccatis tuis in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen.

• Like 3

Wrong again! They had 1st rates and they would fit into the timeline of the game. The problem is they would be too powerful. Get your facts right.

And btw if they change the mechanics of pirates your biggest ship would be a 5th rate. You can try to camp with them outside of capitals. Tell how it went after you got smashed by a fleet of 4th-1st rates.

Don't think you would sail bigger ships when you don't have to attack or defend ports.

Wrong, you should return to school.

gNaval Action game is set in 1680-1820

your early firstrate is commissioned at  1816 (agreed by congress)  in 1821 :) (laid down)  and real launch 1837

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ships_of_the_line_of_the_United_States_Navy   Not a single first rate before 1837, The biggest operational ship that match the period in wich the game is set , is the US Indipendence a 90 cannon 2nd rate  you should learn history better before engage a discussion of this level.

firstrates.jpg

• Like 1

Dear Son, Lord Vicious.

I really like your cassock, it is very similar to the uniforms my private navy, he Santa Hermandad SH (Holy Brotherhood) wears in combat... without the parrot of course.

I have instructed them to give aid and comfort to any pirate ship of the SORRY clan. Spiritual guidance and religious texts will be also at hand for your crews enlightenment.

Each one of my ships has also in its hold a few boxes of the Archbishopric Rum we produce in my plantations off Havana, as a personal gift, to motivate you and your clan.

I can see a holy wrath guides your actions, your ire is directed at the arrogant, pompous, abusive bullies that unjustly attacked your faction and its allies.

Be confident that when your hand strangles one of their captains, it is the hand of God doing it. When one of your cannons fires against one of those miserable, fish stinking, rotten, British, Hollandish, or Gringo sloops, the thunder you hear is God´s voice rejoicing. Do not be concerned by the consequences of your actions. As long as you fight the enemies of the cross, you will always find mercy and compassion in the Holy Catholic Church. It is written in Psalm 129.

Domine, quis sustinebit?

I will translate it for our ignorant, impious and uneducated opponents, that have abandoned Latin to print their false bibles in their twisted and barbaric languages:

For with Thee there is merciful forgiveness: * and by reason of thy law, I have waited for Thee, O Lord.

Deinde, ego te absolvo a peccatis tuis in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen.

Memento Audere Semper

• Like 1

Remmember that so called "historical accuracy" can only be applied to Pirates! God forbid that the restrictions associated with this kind approach may include nationals, especially the US. :rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more. Im all for pirates not owning ports or at least not many ( as long as we are given means to play) because i dont plylay the conquest game and dont appreciate other pirates who get mad at pirates acting like pirates BUTA to try and force pirates to play a certain way and force them only into ships the national players deem suitable is just stupid.

Besides that i would bet anything 2 weeks after the nationals get thier wishes and pirates are sailing in nothing but small ships swarming national players trade routes and new players since they have the only ships small enough for us to hurt , the same national players will then be screaming the pirates need to be nerfed again.

You can tell that thier entire argument is based on them losing because they screem righteous indignation about historical accuracy. ...........but only for pirates.

Something abut glass houses and stones comes to mind.

Edited by Mrdoomed
  • Like 2

I dont know, Doomed.  I think people can at least understand pirates doing "pirate-y" things like raiding towns and shipping lanes.  Thats the definition of a pirate.  Its the 25 Santi/Vic fleets that make things seem out of whack for many, like me.   I would love, and EXPECT, to get chased transporting Tobacco in the Bahamas by an enterprising pirate.   

I'm not saying what players should be FORCED to play like.  I'm saying that many just EXPECTED piracy to be more "pirate-y" and were disappointed.

• Like 1

I dont know, Doomed.  I think people can at least understand pirates doing "pirate-y" things like raiding towns and shipping lanes.  Thats the definition of a pirate.  Its the 25 Santi/Vic fleets that make things seem out of whack for many, like me.   I would love, and EXPECT, to get chased transporting Tobacco in the Bahamas by an enterprising pirate.   

I'm not saying what players should be FORCED to play like.  I'm saying that many just EXPECTED piracy to be more "pirate-y" and were disappointed.

Well, the pirate nerf you are suggesting has a serious downside: it will cancel in one second every actual RvR on the map (possibly killing the game), since we would have on one side a huge big block coalition involging the vast majority of players (USA-Brit-Sweden-Dutch) against the three underpopulated countries of the game (Spain, Danes and French).

In one second the first coalition will be in position to dominate the map with no possibility of opposition. And this not good for a RvR game.

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

Well, the pirate nerf  rework you are suggesting has a serious downside: it will cancel in one second every actual RvR on the map (possibly killing the game), since we would have on one side a huge big block coalition involging the vast majority of players (USA-Brit-Sweden-Dutch) against the three underpopulated countries of the game (Spain, Danes and French).

In one second the first coalition will be in position to dominate the map with no possibility of opposition. And this not good for a RvR game.

It is all combined and not thought of independently. Any Pirate rework would be in pair with National Lordships, National Crew pool, etc.

Just the crew alone, I believe, will be quite a balancer. Devs must stand firm on that one, it will make the difference between a great navy and a numerous navy.

I'm sure the alliances would change if piracy were, as it should be, changed from a polity to a life style.

Also, a lot of current pirates who like the RvR and port battle stuff more than actual piracy -- SORRY for example -- would just switch to a nation.

• Like 1

Dear Son, Lord Vicious.

Domine, quis sustinebit?

Lol, you absolve a pirate, a pirate that already confirmed that will not stop sinning? Spanish Clergy is a joke :)

• Like 1

I'm sure the alliances would change if piracy were, as it should be, changed from a polity to a life style.

Also, a lot of current pirates who like the RvR and port battle stuff more than actual piracy -- SORRY for example -- would just switch to a nation.

We not gonna switch :) just change way to play ,  People expecial USa complain that SORRY a pirate clan steamrolled usa Twice, we only used the game opportunities wich where the exact same of the other nations, what we where supposed to do ? go around charleston in frigs so you could gank us with firstrates?  I now thats what many national wants, they wanted pirate in frigs withouth reforming the pb system,

Potbs did that, they limited pirates to 3rd rates only while all other nations could do pb in firstrates you wanna know how it ended? the game lost 70% of pop and the SH sold out the game.    Like or not pirate pop is one of the biggest.    So making pirates out from the rvr game means kill the game itself also for the nations