Game-Labs Forum

I looked but did not see this mentioned elsewhere, so apologies if this is a repeat.  It's possible it was mentioned within another thread.

I would like to see an expiration period for every buy and sell contract (not including ships, which already have one), mainly for the purposes of keeping the resource markets from stagnating in any one port.  There are several that I know of on PVP2, where I play, that have been sitting there for a long time and established by players who never play there.  Some of them are for large quantities.  The suggestion is an expiry date on all buy-sell contracts in any port, at least for resources produced/consumed there.  I believe several may have been established by PVP1 players who don't even play on this server, or by now-inactive players.

Any thoughts?

A dynamic pricing system for NPC contracts would render these contracts useless.

Well yes and no I think.  The reaction may actually be opposite of what you say in some cases, depending on supply/demand.  In fact, some of the abandoned contracts I'm seeing are nonsensical, so they wouldn't actually reflect the real market anyway.

Edited by Jean Ribault