Game-Labs Forum

For a more Fun and profitable Player base Econ

Several things together would make it very interesting I think...

1) Increase the total number of buildings you can have to 10....

2) Limit the number of any one kind in any city to 1...

3) Limit the total of any 1 building type n a city to a number determined by the devs based on the city size.

4) Add a second set of Production hours... Same or adjusted numbers as LHs

5) Allow this production Buildings to be built in Free Towns as well as your sides...

6) Change the production site code... ie do not have the same combinations of production in every city.. Randomize what is where more.. so Gold and silver might be in one city but but together in another ect...

This will allow everyone to produce resources and NOT have to decide between Crafting and production.... 

It will increase the total number of resources being produced and allow the removal or reduction of the NPC production

It will require people spread out and not just sit in a couple cities.

like always just some ideas.. 

The single biggest problem with Production Buildings is the use of crafting hours to remove resources which is ridiculous when you can buy the in store fior a slightly higher price anyway in a NPC shop.

Removal of crafting hours and only paying the cost of the material is a far better option though I am also in favor of more production buildings as you Craft Level increases.

In this game you pay to create the outpost, you pay to create the building, you pay for the resources with crafting hrs and gold, you even pay when closing one down in a captured port as well as pay for the privilege of closing a building when also in a captured port.

closing down outposts and buildings should be free simple as that where a port is no longer accessible.

this system is worse than a real life government.

• Like 1

Well I did remove the crafting hours . I added production hours as a separate pool... I think this is needed so that as you get  higher level you can then access more resources due to having more Production hours to use for THAT and only that. Just like you have for crafting hours.

I personally think buildings and Warehouses and even shipyards and ships in Captured ports should be lost.. the Capturing ship gets it ALL.... that is what happened and should happen.. with the new War rules coming you will know when the fight is.. show up and fight or risk losing your stuff.  

The whole system is just wrong and poorly implemented, i would advise them to study the economy in games like POTBS, Port Royal series and even the ancient Corsairs gold to figure out the basic economy to make it work and tie in better, notes and quality needs to be removed as its created nothing but bad things for the economy, wood types should be the only factor with the basic statistics of the ships then making perma mods do the tweaking with a few regular mods thrown into other areas.

Having

2 x Sail modules slots

2 x Gunnery module slots

2 x Hull module slots then

3 x General/ Regular modules would give far better customisation to you ship while giving everyone the chance of an equal playing field in terms of outfits, the only real difference is how you tweak you ship in terms of outfits to how you use it, much how they had it in POTBS.

By having the modules all craftable and losing them upon losing a durability minus the general modules till last dura is gone you create a stimulating economy and not the current hoarding good modules because they are worth to much to make system like it is now.

We should have a system with production buildings and instead of the crafting thing we should have a general workshop. Where you need to hire craftsmen, in much the same way as we'll need to hire crew.

You could hire Woodworkers, Ropers and blacksmiths. The mix of you craftsmen will determine the speed of production. Like a full woodworkers crew will produce planks faster then a mixed crew, etc... So you could basicaly also let woodworkers make iron fittings, but they would be less efficient in it. The number of Shipbuilders inside you crew would determine the quality of your ship build, and will reduce your production rate.

The craftsmen need to be supplied with goods to produce a specific item, so you "drop" the goods for that specic item, lets say medium carriages, and depending on the number of craftsmen in the shop it will produce X amount of carriages over X amount of time. The longer they produce the same item the more efficient they will become at producing that item, more carriages over the same amount of time. When you change it to lets say planks, the efficiency is gone.

We could even implement upgrades much the same as the ship upgrades, like "Exceptioan Woodworker" giving an upgrade to everything wood related, "Exceptional Blacksmith" for everything forging and casting related.

You would need to restock the workshop from time to time, or reset their production item. So you might be out ganking, and you would get a message "Workshop stopped working because they ran out of resources". So you would kinda need to check on it from time to time to see the stuff is still up and running. We could even give a bonus to the production when the player is online.

Crafting at the moment doesn't require a ton of work, you collect the resources from nearby ports, do some clicking and you have a ship, only LH hold you back. Hours generate the same for everyone, with this system you can put in a bit more strategy. And clans can optimise their production, as workshop fully crewed for woodwork will produce frames etc at a much faster rate.

Edited by LanderD

3) Limit the total of any 1 building type n a city to a number determined by the devs based on the city size.

5) Allow this production Buildings to be built in Free Towns as well as your sides...

6) Change the production site code... ie do not have the same combinations of production in every city.. Randomize what is where more.. so Gold and silver might be in one city but but together in another ect...

This will allow everyone to produce resources and NOT have to decide between Crafting and production.... 

It will increase the total number of resources being produced and allow the removal or reduction of the NPC production

If the goals are:

1. Allow everyone to continuously produce a set amount.
  2. Increase the resources on the market.

Then most of the proposed changes are either not needed, or over-kill.

Removing crafting hours as a whole isn't a good option either, because for a new player it is an instant demanded item.

Removing crafting hours for production (instead of adding production hours) I think is the key. Production in itself is already limited by the building itself.

To toss the stuff on the market, add a sell price to each building.

TL;DR

1. Allow direct selling out of a resource production building by setting a sell price (at a minimum of the current crafting price).
  2. Remove the usage of crafting hours at resource production buildings, they are already limited (and if needs be can be nerfed :P (or buffed)).
  3. Keep the cost, so on each sell you get the profit (/price difference). (No need to stuff a building with gold.)

i would like to see it so that ytou can only have 1 resource building in a city

this compass wood nonsense has got to stop.

So many ppl brag about how they make millions doing it. I highly doubt the devs had this in mind. So in that i can agree

But.

since there are going to be new buildings added in soon, I can yet say that only 1 of any type (i would agree on resources) could be a good thing or not

keeping the total number of buildings to 5 currently works, well it works for me. In the future i see the devs wanting you to make a tougher choice as to how you plan on doing econ, not an easier one. everything the devs have done thus far points to you being forced into a specialization, not the other way around. So i highly doubt they would change that.

I do agree with the site code being changed, with reservations. the  produce/consumes for any particular port should be at least 3 ports away from each other. And i dont feel that the free towns should produce or consume anything at all. they are free towns anybody can enter them so why not have them be strictly player ran as far as econ.