Game-Labs Forum

Nations should rally against the Pirates before its too late!

Hornblower V

The game is allready dead and it is allready too late until the promised fix of diplo mechanic and pirate mechanics is going to be fixed.

Every post like that delays the pirate mechanics and diplomacy by a month :)

Just by saying the game is dead - you have just delayed the fixes till august. Game have not yet launched - players are playing a testing alpha version. 

I think I will add fishing first instead

• Like 30

And which Nations Should that be? Half of them are allied to them, eating the crums that fall of the table

- Spain

- danmark

- France

This is the crux of the issue.

Until all nations come to agreement to keep the pirates at bay, nothing will change.

This is the crux of the issue.

Until all nations come to agreement to keep the pirates at bay, nothing will change.

3 nations will be enough

denmark pirate allied players are resting now waiting for politics. Best time to strike.

All you need are 3 leaders to unite the nations for the cause.

Spain, Danmark and France form the axis of evil with the black plague. What is stopping them? Pride, the fact they got beaten fair and square via means of diplomacy and/or combat. They cannot accept this and will stubbornly keep on fighting those that oppose the rising tide.

Edited by Flamigant
  • Like 2

"OI! Lissen ta me wen I'z talkin' to ya! We'z gonna go on 'dere ship, we'z gonna smash it up an' kill anyfing dat gets in our way, an' den we'z gonna get back on da boat an' go home. Dat'll show 'em." 

- Kaptin Gorgal 'edkicka

• Like 2

Just by saying the game is dead - you have just delayed the fixes till august. Game have not yet launched - players are playing a testing alpha version. 

Yes, awesome! I like fishing!

3 nations will be enough

denmark pirate allied players are resting now waiting for politics. Best time to strike.

All you need are 3 leaders to unite the nations for the cause.

Now we first have to wait for the fishing expansion to be able decide who will be a fitting leader for our glorious new herring fleet and is the captain that can unite us all.  :(

• Like 2

Yes, awesome! I like fishing!

Now we first have to wait for the fishing expansion to be able decide who will be a fitting leader for our glorious new herring fleet and is the captain that can unite us all.  :(

My vote is for Young to lead us all on a glorious fishing campaign!

After all, it was his post that sparked so much interest in tuna missions.  

Edited by Chijohnaok
  • Like 2

My vote is for Young to lead us all on a glorious fishing campaign!

After all, it was his post that sparked so much interest in tuna missions.  

Yay for White Fleet !!!

At least it would be proper counter to ... black fleet.. hur hur hur

:)

• Like 1

Um...it might be time to admit the pirates have you all duped into doing their bidding. Grab a flaggon of rum, a wench and just enjoy the ride.

On the serious side:

Pirates take the Gulf of Mexico. Only nation left here is Spain. Pirates ally with Spain. Pirates have secured the gulf.

Pirates push into Haiti. Only nation left here is Denmark. Pirates ally with Denmark. Pirates have secured Haiti.

Pirates destroy USA ports, USA breaks morale and shrinks. For the time being pirates have secured the Bahamas.

So now pirates are free to march south into Yucatan Britain for the next conquest.

Just admit it already, the pirates are kicking all your butts both militarily AND diplomatically. There are 8 nations in the game. Pirates locked up x2 with battles and x3 with treaties. That leave the Dutch and the Swedes to do anything about it and they aren't in a position too. And if they try, the pirates have France to keep them busy. Strategically it's brilliant on the pirates part. They aren't just winning because they have a lot of pvp players. You are getting out played in diplomacy. It's a sand box so that still counts as a win.

Edited by Bach
  • Like 4

Um...it might be time to admit the pirates have you all duped into doing their bidding. Grab a flaggon of rum, a wench and just enjoy the ride.

On the serious side:

Pirates take the Gulf of Mexico. Only nation left here is Spain. Pirates ally with Spain. Pirates have secured the gulf.

Pirates push into Haiti. Only nation left here is Denmark. Pirates ally with Denmark. Pirates have secured Haiti.

Pirates destroy USA ports, USA breaks morale and shrinks. For the time being pirates have secured the Bahamas.

So now pirates are free to march south into Yucatan Britain for the next conquest.

Just admit it already, the pirates are kicking all your butts both militarily AND diplomatically. There are 8 nations in the game. Pirates locked up x2 with battles and x3 with treaties. That leave the Dutch and the Swedes to do anything about it and they aren't in a position too. And if they try, the pirates have France to keep them busy. Strategically it's brilliant on the pirates part. They aren't just winning because they have a lot of pvp players. You are getting out played in diplomacy. It's a sand box so that still counts as a win.

And here comes Lord Vicious with some shit eating comment about how he is infact better than everyone else.....wait for it!....Wait for it!! XD

P.S - Bach you're on Vicious' sphincter like a Goanna drinking arent ya?

Edited by saintjacktar

You forgot to mention the Nation-ragequitters that turned pirates...and that´s not because of diplomacy. ;)

All other nation that are allied/friends with them just don´t have the balls to fight them, because the pirates have superior numbers, and this number will most likely rise even more. Again not a win in diplomacy if you ask me.

And now they even hire a pirate clan to attack us. :lol:  And this I totally count as win for us swedes and our friends and allies the dutchs!  :P

• Like 1

Thats a real good attitude to have!, "Ill have an open Alpha but If you talk about the issues, ill delay the fixes" XD

• Like 6

Yea, being petty is a brilliant move. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

How about disable to join Pirates by attacking players and change it the way every other nation change is done? Or disable it completly? Every Nation which is getting is ass handed will lose some players to the pirates. THAT has to change.

How about no and actually make them... interesting enough to be playable, even if they are kind of... another nation ? It surely warrants a change but not because of all the "hate" directed towards the Black.

How about no and actually make them... interesting enough to be playable, even if they are kind of... another nation ? It surely warrants a change but not because of all the "hate" directed towards the Black.

This is not about hate, it is about the constant flow of ragequitters that join pirates solely because they can easily keep their stuff and more importantly their BPs!

I don´t think you will enjoy being pirate if there will be allmost no other nations left. Piracy overhaul will be done at some time yes, but untill then they should be treated as every other nation game mechanic wise. Or give players the abillity to join any other nation in two klicks without any penalty too.

And this change doesn´t need much work, it is a much needed hotfix!

• Like 2

I wonder how different it would of been if you couldn't t just re-roll so easily and the nation you picked with that first click was the most important decision you made because you had to start again with a different nation from scratch. I wonder where we would be if a different path was taken at pre-EA.

I often wonder.

• Like 4

This is not about hate, it is about the constant flow of ragequitters that join pirates solely because they can easily keep their stuff and more importantly their BPs!

I don´t think you will enjoy being pirate if there will be allmost no other nations left. Piracy overhaul will be done at some time yes, but untill then they should be treated as every other nation game mechanic wise. Or give players the abillity to join any other nation in two klicks without any penalty too.

And this change doesn´t need much work, it is a much needed hotfix!

This is definitely the most requested feature, I agree that it must change soon. Let's just not go overboard with limitations because the game is not about that :)