Game-Labs Forum

So, i found out about this game today and i would really like to see the Swedish Hemmema type Frigates in the game.  :wub:

hemmema (from Finnish HämeenmaaTavastia) was a type of warship built for the Swedish archipelago fleet in the late 18th and early 19th centuries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemmema

Even Russia captured 3 of them and used them.

One of the small ships of its type Oden.

Color_drawing_of_hemmema_Oden.jpg

• Like 4

looks intressting

Krona

gothborg

now hemmema

mabye add an sistership of the vasa wich didnt capsizes since after the accidents the hull was modifyed i heared

looks like a nice starting lineup for sweden after we have a full line up for Spain and France

• Like 1

Looks like a galeas. Rowed vessels could be very interesting to use.

It was designed as a replacement for the galleys that made up the core of the fleets that operated along the coasts and in the archipelagos of the Baltic Sea. Compared to Swedish galleys, the hemmema had a bigger draft and was slower under oars, but offered superior accommodations and stores for its crew, was more seaworthy, and had roughly ten times the number of heavy guns.

It could be propelled with either sails or oars and was smaller and more maneuverable than most sailing warships which made it suitable for operations in shallow, confined waters.

To explain why Sweden used Galleys, just look at this,

This is the coastline outside Stockholm:  ( The central of Stockholm is marked with the number 1 on the map )

http://www.hitta.se/karta?ref=start#var=Stockholm&from=1&pageCount=20&level=1&sm=6&center=6583648:1653184&type=sat&zl=7&bounds=6580783:1627902,6581190:1628670‏=1

Zoom out a few levels ( like lvl 7 or something ) and move to the east and you will see the reason

All thoose islands makes good place to use for thoose ships to make hit and run attacks and to hide behind without having to care about the wind.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

looks intressting

Krona

gothborg

now hemmema

mabye add an sistership of the vasa wich didnt capsizes since after the accidents the hull was modifyed i heared

looks like a nice starting lineup for sweden after we have a full line up for Spain and France

I have to agree that it would be a good starting lineup for Sweden and should be considered.