Game-Labs Forum

Max. amount of contracts

Change max. amount of contracts  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Change the max. amount of contracts possible...

• ...No way, it's great the way it is now!
    • ...I couldn't care less, any max. amount is fine for me.
    • ...Yes! Please raise the max. number!
    • ...Absolutely, please remove the bloody limit completely!

Dear devs,

I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere yet, so I will do: I strongly encourage you to please change the existing limit for the amount of contracts a user can have at the same time. Being a trader with multiple trading routes it is super annoying to be limited to only 5 contracts at a time. Plus I don't see any solid reason why this limit is necessary anyway, nor is it realistic. Why can't we just have an unlimited amount of contracts used, so that we can simplify our trading network a bit... I mean it's realistic as well, why should I only be able to hire 5 local merchants at once to buy or sell goods for me for the fee at a town... Who cares if I hire 5 people at the same time or can afford to hire 50.

Please, devs, please raise the limit or, even better, remove it completely!

Edited by Francis Williams

It easy enough now for a single or small group of players to buy up all the port generated resources of a Nation by using buy orders. This idea would just make it worse as they would not be restricted by a hard limit on the number of contracts.

Buy contracts for port generated items need to be removed completely before any other changes are even contemplated.

• Like 5

It easy enough now for a single or small group of players to buy up all the port generated resources of a Nation by using buy orders. This idea would just make it worse as they would not be restricted by a hard limit on the number of contracts.

Buy contracts for port generated items need to be removed completely before any other changes are even contemplated.

That is a point, but then - there is always a way for someone to abuse a mechanic. Now to find a middle ground, the amount of contracts per town could be limited, for instances. But map-wide restricting the amount of contracts to 5 is way too much and hinders tradesmen a lot.

I also have my trade route but I only sell what I capture from traders, do you think that giving more sell contracts would lead to abuse ?

In my situation limiting to only 5 contracts does seem low.

Thanks.

It is already abused, with smaller nations being suffocated and cleared off of resources. So there.

First fix a mechanic, then ask about more contracts.

• Like 1

Doesn't this argument fly out the window the moment we can produce our own resources?

• 4 months later...