Game-Labs Forum

News from the North

Johny Reb

The US PvP 1 was finally approached by a contingent of like minded Spanish players who are tired of the war and constant losses. We discussed a peace. The US has been longing for this for quite sometime. In spite of what some would have the nations believe, the US is not interested in annihilating Spanish held ports nor in conquering the world. This contact was made as the US was ramping up its attempt to discuss issues with the Spanish players but not really having the contacts to do so efficiently.

I will not go into the details of our discussion as it is not the business of any other nation but the US and Spain.

My purpose for this post today is to reach out to the greater Spanish population. The group that approached us needs your support. It is very hard to negotiate a border agreement with a group that is split as much as Spain is right now. Normally, the US does not make agreements with clans. If a nation cannot form a consensus then such agreements provide no security at all. We feel that the leading clan has ruined the Spanish nation and has led very poorly by looking out for themselves and not the faction. Because of this we believe it is in everyone's best interest and for the interest of the game to make an exception in this case. We are not proud of the demoralization that the current war and the expansion of the British has caused.

But we can't make an agreement, hand ports back, and discuss borders with just 10 small to medium clans. We want to know if this is what the greater population of Spain wants. I know that the Spanish has little trust for anybody but what do you have to loose? If we believe that these negotiators represent the greater part of the Spanish nation then we will move forward swiftly to help you regain your footing in the world inspite of the stance of RAE. We will take that risk.

I am asking that responses to this post be as follows:

1. Please do not "like" this post unless you are US. If you are US and agree with what I wrote and support not only what I said but also in a peace with Spain then "like" this post so that the Spanish can see our resolve.

2. Spanish, if you could start your responses with a "yes" or an "aye" if you support the Spanish delegation or "no" or "nay" if you wish for war with the US to continue.

Edit: I was approached by the representatives and was informed that they are not just 10 guys but rather a group of 10 small to medium sized clans.

• Like 31

The Pirates and the English are going to take control of most of Cuba.  So they will be left with La Habana without protection.  Then they will have few ports on East Mexico.  Which will dwindle fast without protection.

I don't see the Spanish nation having many other choices besides trying to make peace with us if they want to survive as a nation.  The British already stabbed them in the back.

Heck, we've tried peace approaches with them numerous times. Maybe now that even their allies, instead of trying to help them, decide to just take their ports too... Maybe they'll finally decide that "Hey, Maybe the American Nation was sincere the whole time! I mean, honestly, what other option do they have left to take a chance with us? It's not like we can backstab them once they do it, they've already lost everything. There's nothing left to gain even if we was the backstabbing sort lol.

No mercy personally i think that burning the spanish cities to the ground is a service to the community, it will enforce dev to do something better regards the port battle mechanics, expecial the undercrewed/br abuse 

Spanish got plenty of offer of peace over and over,  and they ask for peace now? when they are a wasteland? they not even in control of their own nation just some random clan come to talk with us, nobody can speak for spanish nation they have no unity.

If we not conquer them, britain (nice ally btw) and pirates will do.

So  NO mercy is my answer 

f5b256f.jpg

Edited by Lord Vicious
  • Like 5

The Pirates and the English are going to take control of most of Cuba.  So they will be left with La Habana without protection.  Then they will have few ports on East Mexico.  Which will dwindle fast without protection.

I don't see the Spanish nation having many other choices besides trying to make peace with us if they want to survive as a nation.  The British already stabbed them in the back.

The British didn't stab Spain in the back. We secured our border facing the fact our allies didn't have the resolve or resources to protect their territory on their own and the US is encroaching into our interests. Furthermore, Britain as a whole is not allied or at war with Spain, every clan can play the way want and ally with who they want, same as any other faction. Good try though mate, maybe Conttoy will show some other factions the light and get their spirits up. (From all reports though, Spain does need to put personal differences aside and band together as a nation.)

• Like 1

Spain is barely resisting as it is so why bother? What do we get out of it?

We have the leverage in this negotiation, not the Dons. For starters, if they want peace they need to stop attacking our allies and start attacking our foes.

Edited by GrapeShot

Please guys lets not let this post get into pointing fingers at who said what and who did what to who. We have gone round and round in multiple threads over this issue.

The point of this thread is simply to find out if there is support in the Spanish nation for a peace with the US or not. We all know that the US took many of the Spanish ports. We all know that the British took just as many Spanish ports. We all know who is stronger, who has leverage, and who started the war to begin with. All of this is irrelevant. A group of Spanish clans has approached us for a cease of hostilities. All that matters now is that. Please take that conversation to another thread.

I simply want to know if the greater Spanish population supports this or not.

• Like 7

The British didn't stab Spain in the back. We secured our border facing the fact our allies didn't have the resolve or resources to protect their territory on their own and the US is encroaching into our interests. Furthermore, Britain as a whole is not allied or at war with Spain, every clan can play the way want and ally with who they want, same as any other faction. Good try though mate, maybe Conttoy will show some other factions the light and get their spirits up. (From all reports though, Spain does need to put personal differences aside and band together as a nation.)

Cool story.  Expanding your border is not securing your border.  Expanding your borders by taking Spanish ports is indeed an act of War against the Spanish.

Hello gentlemen.

I was a spanish player till 4 days ago, now I'm pirate because of the actual situation of the map, but the main reason I left Spain is the incapacity of the spanish clans to join forces and speak with one single voice as a community. So, I'm pirate, but besides this, I support this idea. Spain needs peace, and new leaders with more vision and less vanity and arrogance. Perhaps in the future I'll be spanish again, but now... no, thanks.

I'm not alone in the "deserters group", a big portion of my clan, ACE, became pirates too. And with us many others that are tired of being frustrated because the actions of a small and foolish group of players.

So, again, besides I'm pirate at the moment, I support your idea guys.

• Like 6

Cool story.  Expanding your border is not securing your border.  Expanding your borders by taking Spanish ports is indeed an act of War against the Spanish.

Taking unsecured ports, leaving them with a spanish friendly timer and preventing the US from taking them is helping an ally, but clearly that is difficult to understand. Especially if the guild that did it had talked to the spanish guild(s) beforehand.

Edited by Dalriaden

What are they giving us? They're asking for ports back and offering nothing????

C'mon Grape, there's no need to be excessively punitive. We get peace and don't have to defend more than we need to, meanwhile the Spanish get some security around their capital and can focus on their other enemies, like the Pirates for whom we share a common foe. Better to be magnanimous and enjoy a happy coexistence, than you force them into an begrudging peace where they are constantly looking for the opportunity to strike when we can not afford to be distracted.

• Like 5