Game-Labs Forum

Do not join the USA!!! (PvP2)

Roberto de Castella

not if they have half the server pop

True, I'm not disagreeing with your earlier statement. I don't feel the US influence in Sweden, but I hear about it all the time. I'd certainly enjoy it the other major nations got a more even spread of folks, would help make fights a little more even.

• Like 1

If America And the pirates were to spread the numbers around to the danes french and sweden it would make the server a whole hella alot more fun imho

from what I heard the Pirates are making Swedish accounts to farm xp off of each other due to them now being very close together, it would not surprise me as the pirates on PVP2 are the biggest cowards I have seen in a game.

• Like 1

I have to agree. Being a USA's player, I can feel that we are too strong when compared to some minor nations (no offense). There has to be a balance patch that goes like this: the least populated a nation is, the bigger their xp multiplier is. So for instance, spain could get like x5 xp or something like that, to entice people to join that nation.

But then, that could lead to people power farming their lvl and then restarting their account with their nation of choice... Oh well at least we tried lol

Edited by RockNRollMachine
  • Like 1

I have to agree. Being a USA's player, I can feel that we are too strong when compared to some minor nations (no offense). There has to be a balance patch that goes like this: the least populated a nation is, the bigger their xp multiplier is. So for instance, spain could get like x5 xp or something like that, to entice people to join that nation.

But then, that could lead to people power farming their lvl and then restarting their account with their nation of choice... Oh well at least we tried lol

the real solution is Player caps based on lowest player count nation

Cannot have more than 50% more players than the smallest nation in the Server

If the smallest nation has 200 players the biggest should be limited to 300

Or if they the lowest has 400 the biggest should be limited to 600

This limit would only be in place until the lower nations get filled up and then more slots open up in the bigger nations, It would allow for certain nations to still be more powerful in player numbers but not by a HUGE margin like it is today

It is the only way to prevent Americans from having 700 players online while the smaller nations have 20

• Like 6

This limit would only be in place until the lower nations get filled up and then more slots open up in the bigger nations, It would allow for certain nations to still be more powerful in player numbers but not by a HUGE margin like it is today

It is the only way to prevent Americans from having 700 players online while the smaller nations have 20

I like this. Supports having multiple server setup. You should find the "Defeating a Nation" thread and add this as a viable option.

Any Frenchies playing during NA timezone would be greatly appreciated on EU1. Your xp carries over. I'm sure we can provide ships even if you just come for PB's.

Maybe we can do the same. Our evening ranks are very sparse.

A lot of people switched sides to US already when you could transfer to nations. We have what 6+ nations? One side is always going to be under powered. I hope for a mega server like eve but if that can not be done I wouldnt be opposed to bonuses for weaker nations.

Maybe a lot if this will change when diplo and alliances come into play.

• Like 2

If this was the case and i was forced to be a nation i didnt want to be i would not play the game and i know lots of others wouldnt either. Whatever the solution is this isnt it.

Every rvr game ive played has unbalance, its the nature of the beast.

• Like 1

Unfortunately the US does have a high number of players...but we are also very organized from the get go...well at least in my clan... we set goals and achieved them with our numbers.   We didnt just look out for ourselves...if one person ranked up and didnt need their older ship they passed it down to the next clan member who could use it.  but to make a post about how one should not join the US is wrong.....there are other way like making a post on how much better it would be if you join (blank) nation.   You guys need to find way to get numbers of player on your side instead of complaining and pointing finger at people who just want to play.

Except The issue with your statement rice is no one wants to join a smaller nation especially americans...... you will find that the other nations are populated by less americans then other countries..... americans go to america.... they feel obligated? we do the same thing in denmark but when you dont have a steady population base coming in.... it doesnt matter

Many of us predicted this when the servers were named EU and U.S.

When you put that in the name, it's a very strong prompt for people in that region to join that server.

That would be fine if the factions ingame were named A,B,C. But since most people from the U.S. will join the U.S. faction, it's asking for imbalance in PvP 2.

It's fine to display ping at the server selection screen so that those who really have an outlier ping on PvP 1 can avoid it. But as myself and many others have been saying since EA, putting the region names in the server is asking for trouble. They should just be PvP1 and PvP2.

If any U.S. players are looking to play as the U.S. faction and still have a challenge, come to PvP1. The two oldest U.S. clans are there, as well as many other experienced players, but we are far outnumbered by the British and Pirates.

• Like 1

So maybe, I just convert my clan and two of our alliance clans to French or Spanish, then roll up the coast of the US so people can complain about that. Its not about numbers at the end of the day. Its about the ability to play as a clan and work together. There was only about 3-4 clans involved in 95% of the US port takeovers and about 40-60 regularly active players. It will be that way no matter what. Sooner or later the two big dogs in the room will square off and fight each other. Until then the smaller countries need to realize their position as proxies and pirates (Or get organized and set goals. Stop bitching at each other in nation chat). Until they implement a diplomacy system or a nation cap ( And the ratios mentioned are retarded) this is the direction the game is going and will continue to IE:Planetside and other MMOs...

• Like 1

Except The issue with your statement rice is no one wants to join a smaller nation especially americans...... you will find that the other nations are populated by less americans then other countries..... americans go to america.... they feel obligated? we do the same thing in denmark but when you dont have a steady population base coming in.... it doesnt matter

Then if thats the case ...what would be a correct course of action...lock US faction from any new palyers?   Incentives  to incite others to join a lower populated nation.  this then takes the freedom of choice but then balances the game..

i honestly would like to see more on other nation but how do you get others to join the lower faction?

I hear all the time how disorganized other countries are. The reason the US is powerful is partially because of the population but not a lot due to the fact most of the population hasn't done a thing. SOL,USS,USMC, etc. decided to become organized and worked towards a common goal which is why we are succeeding. If the others nations were doing what we are doing they wouldn't be so far behind. The pirates got owned by the US because they had weaker ships and bickered amongst themselves while we were united. I have considered moving to say France just to prove that even as a less populated nation it's plenty possible to compete.