Game-Labs Forum

Low Performance on Nvidia GTX 960

Lorne Malvo

Hi,

I use a Nvidia GPU GTX 960 4GB and have low fps on any graphics configuration. In open world does not exceed 40 fps and in battle sometimes it down to 20.

I barely notice performance changes when I change the graphics quality.

It makes me think that something does not work well with this model graphics card because some people have the same problems with this model of GPU. The 970 however gives no problem, but with the 960 I can not reach 60 fps on any graphics configuration.

Thanks for all.

Same GPU and my performance is underwhelming as well.

Ink is right though, AA in this game is incredibly consuming, more then elsewhere it seems.

Since I turned it off, I can lock the FPS to 30 and have no problems anymore and the difference is marginal, really.

Also, double check that VSYNC is off, best way to do that is to force it via the Nvidia itself.

Did you try to turn anti aliasing off? It is the main FPS consumer

Yes, Antialiasing is off. Yesterday I played a few battles and my fps were 20-25 with many moments to 15... :S

I play GTA 5 at 50 FPS and other games as well and i don't understand what is happening with this game.  ¿What can I do? You can see there is more people with the same problem with the same GPU...

Same GPU and my performance is underwhelming as well.

Ink is right though, AA in this game is incredibly consuming, more then elsewhere it seems.

Since I turned it off, I can lock the FPS to 30 and have no problems anymore and the difference is marginal, really.

Also, double check that VSYNC is off, best way to do that is to force it via the Nvidia itself.

Well, i tried all the posible combinations and the performance is bad with all of them. There is something wrong in this game related with our GPUs...

¿which cpu do you have?

Hi,

I use a Nvidia GPU GTX 960 4GB and have low fps on any graphics configuration. In open world does not exceed 40 fps and in battle sometimes it down to 20.

I barely notice performance changes when I change the graphics quality.

It makes me think that something does not work well with this model graphics card because some people have the same problems with this model of GPU. The 970 however gives no problem, but with the 960 I can not reach 60 fps on any graphics configuration.

Thanks for all.

same probleme gtx 970 BF4 64 player  120 fps, naval action 20-55 fps and you'r games have no PhysX no big Effect ...

Edited by cpt Terenor

• 2 weeks later...

There is no config gile aviable to edit through text editor, did you try to check the temperature of GPU while playing NA with a program like GPU-Z (since I'm not sure you were talking about the same PC with gtx 970)?

For an example, there are settings with Radeon hd7770 wich gives about 20-30 FPS OW and 15-20 in a battle:

1Vxo81D.png

01JtNvq.png

On a side note, have you tried to reinstall the game and update drivers?