Game-Labs Forum

NPC Disengage.

To lower boarding stealing opportunities by friendly players NPC Disengage will be disabled.

Breaking boarding by ramming is extremely useful in pvp and it saves lives - it will be kept. We will have to find another way to solve the breaking boarding by so called friendly players.
Perhaps by banning?

ps.
to reduce such cases until we find out the solution players are advised to move out from capitals further to other areas. Map is huge and there is place for everyone.

... Just going to throw in my two cents,
1.) This whole topic is absurd, its a huge world go find your own corner
2.) Although I normally approve the dev reaction to this is equally as absurd, suggesting banning for this stupidity while exploiters get xp reset? At worst make the player go pirate even that is extreme imo
3.) Some clown draws me into their stupid battle for a trade cutter then it is owed to me by virtue of wasting my time
4.) Regarding historical yada yada: put the disengage back in, example: Captain Screwup attempts to capture an enemy vessel, the enemy vessel manages to escape and Captain Competent then manages to swoop in and finish the job Captain Screwup was obviously too incompetent to be undertaking... does anyone seriously think 'the admiralty' is going to punish Captain Competent for their success where the less worth have failed?
5.) Relating to above, Just fix the disengage mechanic, npc's would only run when they were outmatched, if you are unable to secure a npc so vastly outmatched (you're the dev you'll have to provide exact numbers on how it worked) in the four turns it takes to disengage you aren't deserving of the capture anyways.
6.) Bumping friendly off to capture is a completely unrelated topic to the npc disengage 'stealing' (more like succeeding) one again going pirate is the absolute worst I could see for this scenario

Suggesting banning for this minor non-issue while outright exploiters (see damage farming) get reset

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
Cleaned up post - please be more respectful to the developers when providing feedback sir.

This is not DayZ

Interfering with friendly Navy in history could cause court martial and punishment and sometimes death.

For example not delivering bottles with messages to the division of Flotsam and Jetsam was punishable by death. Stealing something from a fellow sailor was punishable by flogging and if repeated by death. Its in the Naval Fighting instructions.

If the player is green its a friendly. And he should be helped. This is our position.

Want to fight or do something bad? Attack normally from the open world - he is your enemy then - your hands are clean now.

PS

we are ok deleting hanging 10-20 captains for griefing of their Navy compatriots as an example to others.

Would love to see you do that!!!!

You guys Don't even Ban, the guys that do massive exploits, jump from one nation to another and cause problems in the community and then go Pirates because it's mechanics is so stuffed up.

NA the NEW pitiful EVE politics CULTURE!

Well done for ruining the beautiful game.

Edited by Aussie Pastor

• 2 weeks later...

What would actually happen if this was attempted in reality? Ramming either the friendly or enemy ship would be more likely to entangle the rammer and add them to the ongoing boarding action.    If coming to the aid of someone locked in boarding, a ship would be more likely to counter-board the enemy, reinforce the defender, or just fire on the attacker as we already can.  Ramming seems like zero risk option in game that would be hugely risky in reality.

• 4 weeks later...

if yer talking about banning do it like runescape does bans start small like a day and progressively work there way up to a full on perm ban for the account in question for things like botting so if someone did somthing like this thread is stating give em a day ban (maybe 12 hours) then double it each time if they do it again chat violations can be solved by muting the person in question for less time(like 4 hours) and double each time the offence is comitted