Game-Labs Forum

Force In-game Name Linkage With Forums Posting

Historically, forums have a disconnect between "forums persona" and actual ingame names. For those interested, this allows some liberties in making statements...

I purpose a link between ingame and forum profiles. Exclusions might be made for forum moderators who wish to maintain annommitty for the sake of doing their hard work.

Yes, there are multiple servers. Just have all game names linked in the persons profile.

Thank you for the consideration.

Many names from the forum are also in the game by the same name, so it is nice to have a personal choice on the subject.

Those of us that keep standards across platforms deserve an extra dose of rum.

Nothing to hide, take what you can, leave nothing behind.

Hopefully I don't cross any gunsights or reticules with this (or run afoul of any forum rules)... but after reading, I just updated my prof picture to include my in-game name in the image.

Works simply for me (for now...I've not encountered a lot of nastiness online with any games - so not really too worried about this personally - If this were my livelihood however... and I had to deal with too much angry stuff - I'd probably also have to defer to a safety-security disconnect.)

If this is not ok, I can revert to the previous prof pic, ya? Regards all, Bob W, Bristol RI, US

we moderators (at least most of us) use different ingame names.

If you could find me via some form of link. Id be upset.

I want to play in piece and without the whole community knowing who I am.

So thank you but no. not with me ;)

I did propose an exclusion for folks like yourself...

My forum and ingame name are the same, but it is not a luxury afforded to all, to know whom they are a addressing.

Admin has spoken, I'm good with this reasoning. The linkage just adds transparency.

• Like 1

Hopefully I don't cross any gunsights or reticules with this (or run afoul of any forum rules)... but after reading, I just updated my prof picture to include my in-game name in the image.

Works simply for me (for now...I've not encountered a lot of nastiness online with any games - so not really too worried about this personally - If this were my livelihood however... and I had to deal with too much angry stuff - I'd probably also have to defer to a safety-security disconnect.)

If this is not ok, I can revert to the previous prof pic, ya? Regards all, Bob W, Bristol RI, US

You're more than welcome to do so Mr. Bristol.  No worries.

this idea is to my liking,

• Better tribunal cases. Direct linked to forum user.

• Your name is reserved for you if you are fond of it.

• You can have only one character so why not link it to forum?

I understand very wel that admin's are very carefull with this, but i think they have the power to go incognito?

Because the word spreads fast when they know who you are ingame in the community ;).

Example, With battlefield 4 admin's/developers names where known and the whole opposite team would hunt for there dogg tags in several matches, first it was fun but on the long run it would become a problem when they seriously want to play a match without beeing hunted by the whole opposite team!