Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Entry to missions! Your opinion needed.

363 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for mission entry options

• Allow entry only to enemies - solving pvp exploit
    • Keep entry for all (increasing the assist XP) - providing more opportunities to defend

That is quite okay, you do not have to understand a single thing. Philosophically speaking, although I am aware every person is different, I sometimes need to be reminded some people are blind to anything that does not agree with what they are saying. Some people though will never know what they do not know.

I

Well I understood that alright! A bit unnecessary resorting to personal insults don't you think? I was not understanding some of your points because parts of your posts are quite badly worded and, therefore, very difficult to comprehend.

I think perhaps you need to remember that yours is not always the only valid viewpoint and other people can have contrary, yet equally valid opinions. Sometimes we have to learn to agree to disagree and this is one of those occasions.

Hence, I shall finish by bidding you a fond farewell and wishing you luck and good fortune on the high-seas.

I like it, as it is.

The fact that you don't know what is going to happen, when you entering a mission.

Is something i like!

Those griefers you guys are talking about? I have not seen any one of those.

-But yes. There are probably some, but if you let them "troll" you, they won..

I would like it, to stay as it is!

MM. Out!

Midget, I take it you know that they have changed the way entry to battles work? You can only enter a mission if you are grouped with the owner - you can't just enter now in the 5 min window. And, they have moved ai fleets away from capitals now, and there are a lot less normal ai battles to join meaning it is much more difficult to find action in the OW. Just checking you know about the changes.

Third option: Remove the current mission encounters. Missions are now requirements to sink any ship in the mission's class (or greater). Later, this can be expanded by generating a unique AI that must be sunk/burned/captured. They sail on the open sea, the player is given information to their whereabouts, and the player must find and engage them as they sail in Open World.

Generated mission instances are transformed into small "port battles" that spawn forts, and ships, relative the rank of the mission. These expeditions are oriented towards teamwork, and situated along coastlines, making them less likely to interfere with PVP work.

Edited by Rook

I have the feeling that, once more, the pvp will screw pve rules.... :angry:

And the funniest part, it will solve nothing for them either.... Looks like a good way to screw one of the few solo features on pvp servers as well.

Oh well, i don't care anymore about you screwing pvp servers, can we have option one on pve server? Thx...

BTW, the correct solution was option one with this added : opening mission if an ennemy actually enter the battle, thus allowing reinforcements to come only if needed.

This !! .. until it's fixed I'm not going to play this game again

.. anyone who can't outrun a pvp encounter is just not trying and doesn't understand the mechanics of their vessel/s. 

One of the problems helping this problem exist is that there is no way to distinguish between a mission battle and a standard one

(perhaps colouring the swords differently so missions can be differentiated would be helpful also.)

Is it possible to make it a BR system? I know battle rank is kind of in the works, but when I have 150 BR solo with my 2 fleet cutters, vrs a BR 10 trading ship it seems really silly for people to just wander in to "help defend me," I couldn't care less when its a real fight, but when I am seiging trader ships and its clearly one sided in my favor its really agravating to have to explain to the battle crasher I am about to board the ship, so they need to stop shooting it. Wich almost never works because there is no assist exp for them if I board it with almost no hull damage to the ship so they just keep firing ball at my targets even if they sink it while its boarding since they don't get any loot from my boarding as they shouldn't I do all the work and they show up for exp pinyata time.

not voting because the 2 options givin are not the best solutions.

my 2nd mission in this game involved a privateer vs myself. i wanted to capture it, so i went about taking down the sails, graping the crew, and was just about to board it when another player jumped in and boarded it before i could. he captured the ship and left. meanwhile i was pissed and refused to play until this was fixed, which it was.

i agree with other suggestions that the person entering should be the one to allow/disallow or kick someone from the mission. you may allow someone in on good faith and if they try anything funny they get the boot.

I'm new to the game and only played a few times so forgive me if i make no sense

If its a problem that people use the missions to hide in .

Than make it so that you can't enter a mission while you are being chased, to let the game know some one is being chased the one doing the chasing should first clik on the victim and tell the game you want to do so , the same as you do when you want to attack .

I run into a different problem while doing missions I have a guy that if the mission I am in is one on one and an equal ship to mine or inferior he runs.

If there are 2 ships I am fighting that are same br or larger  in he comes making it a 3-1 and there goes the mission.

Just had a Kapten mission going against 2 ships,  2 navy brigs against my renommee ok no problem easy one.

Navies start to shoot me when it starts and seconds later   in pops another renommee as a pirate right at the point of battle just yards away.

Now I have 3 ships hammering me 2 ai that don't miss at all at any angle with their machine gun cannons that can fire chain and ball same broadside and time  or range and another player renommee that wants to take advantage.

Got to be a mechanic put in place for enemies players joining an ai mission not to be dropped right beside the battle especially if they are same rank and ship turning the mission into a mini gank should be avoided some how and the 2 choices given don't work in this example.

Might have to think about if there are 2 ships you have to fight in the mission an enemy player can't enter ?

Best solution is to lock the mission from everyone but player groups, or make it illegal to steal someone else's ship they wish to capture. How to accomplish that task change the color of the mission objective to orange or some other color do not allow other players to capture said ship.  To deal with players purposely sinking a ship one player wishes to capture make it a rule that if stated in chat a player wishes to capture it is off limits to allies.  

Another idea is to give the mission owner a button that will make the NPC ship he wan'ts to capture immune to damage from everyone but himself.   

Another idea is reputation system for each nation sinking a ship of someone elses mission gives you a negative rep with said nation get enough negative rep you turn pirate.

Entry to missions should be limited to Group and Clan Members.

Perhaps add some kind of Rescue Flare mechanic that would allow members of the same nation to join.

Allowing any players to join on the Enemy side is not a good game mechanic. 

This is being heavily abused. Spent hiurs chasing American players who use Missions to escape. Literally jumping from one Pirate player mission to another and using the invis/invul timer between to remain immune. Since we can not enter after him it becomes very tedious and is becomming more and more common.

Edited by Kutai

This is being heavily abused. Spent hiurs chasing American players who use Missions to escape. Literally jumping from one Pirate player mission to another and using the invis/invul timer between to remain immune. Since we can not enter after him it becomes very tedious and is becomming more and more common.

In my opinion, it needs to go back to the pre-EA "nobody see's missions but those who have them".  I think it'll get abused far less than the current system.

It has been frustrating for me to be in a mission and attempting to take a ship while dealing with strap hangers who are either blasting away at it or sometimes me. On the other hand there has been times when I have been in trouble and others have saved me. Basically...I'm not sure on this one. If it is a admiralty mission that I should be left alone to finish it. Other missions require a level of cooperation...maybe Admiralty missions should be left to the individual player.

not voting because the 2 options givin are not the best solutions.

my 2nd mission in this game involved a privateer vs myself. i wanted to capture it, so i went about taking down the sails, graping the crew, and was just about to board it when another player jumped in and boarded it before i could. he captured the ship and left. meanwhile i was pissed and refused to play until this was fixed, which it was.

i agree with other suggestions that the person entering should be the one to allow/disallow or kick someone from the mission. you may allow someone in on good faith and if they try anything funny they get the boot.

I agree!

While I agree with a lot that is written the major issue is being able visually see in the OW environment if a mission has been compromised, speaking only from the PvP environment perspective. As I see it, just incorporating one of the the first two

1. Would be the signal flare that some suggest, alerting in national chat that you are under attack and gives them the heading from the town that the mission indicates as being close to.
  2. Change the color of the crossed swords from white to say, as an example red, indicating that the mission has been compromised by an enemy player, thus unlocking it and allowing friendlies to join. Otherwise it should be locked to non-group/non-clan members to avoid people who just wants to screw around with you (or ninja some of the XP) that are from your own nation.
  3. Another addition is that that you shouldn't be able to have the mission AI on your side against the mission taker. Normally you could get hanged in this age for aiding a Pirate unless you aren't one yourself, cause whats the point of hanging a pirate for aiding a pirate.

Only problem with nr1 is that not everyone follows the national chat. Due to it being a clutter most of the time, either be it of arguments or people holding discussions so it can easily disappear in the flow of text. To solve this you'd need a separate national alert chat that can't be flooded, so that if you are willing to help you can follow that channel.

Other than that I think it works fine. Just need a way to notify people that you need help without forcing them to write and let go of the control of the ship, thus exposing yourself to danger while typing and asking for help if so be. Not everyone can type fast, but they might be able sailors and able to survive long enough for reinforcements to show up if they are unable to outrun the enemy player and the sniping AI(as they can be far more accurate in their aim that some players).

Just incorporating one of these features would actually help in my opinion, especially nr2, as it might be the easiest fix, just a simple color change if it turns into a PvP fight.

I voted for the "entry for all" but I think there needs to be a further tweak to find the happy medium for gameplay. Couldn't you just place an invisible perimeter around the mission icon which would prevent the mission activation button from working if an enemy ship was within that range? Since the enemy cannot see those icons I don't believe they could camp the spots intentionally.

If its being abused in pvp then the following will help:

Mission can only be entered by 1 player or a group.  

Once u in range of a mission and Click enter your ship drops sails and 60 sec timer kicks in.  

Should be enough for pvpers to close in and initiate battle.  

I'm sorry but solo missions should be exactly that: solo. Others should not be able to enter this battle at all. If I want to do solo missions without any other interference I should have that option to do so. And not, for example, have to deal with a group of three pirates players joining my mission 10!!! minutes after the start! I've been fairly happy with this game so far but that is just totally out of order. 

I'm sorry but solo missions should be exactly that: solo. Others should not be able to enter this battle at all. If I want to do solo missions without any other interference I should have that option to do so. And not, for example, have to deal with a group of three pirates players joining my mission 10!!! minutes after the start! I've been fairly happy with this game so far but that is just totally out of order. 

The joining 5 minutes after start issue will be changed, but if you want to totally avoid that, go to the PvE server.

I think the devs said mission-joins will be a 2 minute timer. The goal is that if you don't see an enemy on the horizon, they won't be able to reach you fast enough to join. 

Edited by Yar987

Is this problem still a problem?

On day 1 of playing NA, I was wondering why the "missions" just don´t disappear

having not entered them in time (10min?).

To "carpet" the map, therby creating a safe-network was a fantastic player´s idea,

I must say, wow. This is called "practical intelligence"...

Won't address all concerns, but think it should be easy enough when entering a instance to click an option to allow assistance, cause you're jumping into a battle where you're probably going to get your ass handed to you. OR.... click to deny friendlies cause were all big boys and we should have that option whether its a trading ship or we want the full on "David and Goliath" experience

But always a window with the possibility of enemies joining. Unexpected enemies adds to the immersion, whereas unwanted "questionable help" detracts

However, this issue is a small facet of a great game that will only improve with good input and devs that pay attention to it