Game-Labs Forum

Upcoming patches this week.

Despite the giant sticky "do NOT delete your character"?

I don't think these people can be protected from themselves.

Even Admin said "Not everyone reads the forums". Even still people talk about that specific change in global from time to time. The fact of the matter is the swapping of nations while keeping XP is listed in the thread called "Upcoming patches this week". Can you really blame them? Then we have the Developers ignoring this issue, refusing to talk about it AT ALL, like the entire idea is a disfigured leper.

So yea, some people have come to the conclusion that it might be implemented and deleted their characters to switch nations only to find they lost everything. Then they just quit playing all together.

You can't have one thread talking about a change "Coming this week" and another contradicting it all on forums that the vast majority have never been to, meanwhile people talk about the change in global all the time.

People will get confused.

I hate to be a quotewhore here, but this reminds me of a quote.

Edit: Typos, etc.

“If words of command are not clear and distinct, if orders are not thoroughly understood, then the general is to blame. But, if orders are clear and the soldiers nevertheless disobey, then it is the fault of their officers.”

― Sun Tzu

Currently, the information is not clear enough for everyone.

Edited by Remo
  • Like 1

Good to find out active game development.

This game has all the potential to win any awards in 2016. This is why the game development is very important. 

And yes, add the capacity of the servers for additionanl players. Make the capacity hunred of time bigger. 

Just to chime my little opinion in. Switching nations without any downside is a bad idea. Someone wants to switch nations for a valid reason, sure. But it should have some sort of time limit or penalty.

So?

It has downsides.

You lose all your gold, all your ships and all your items in storage - you only keep your XP, that's it.

• 5 months later...

This will allow you to freely experiment and will allow to switch nation if you are unsatisfied with your current choice. But you will still have 1 player on the server and this will reduce spying and other high level problems. Deleting a character will delete everything except for XP.

To be honest it doesn't reduce anything cause the players that are going to have more than one char to spy have more than one account to do so.  This is why many games won't allow you to have more than one account and if you do it's only on the one team for that server or you can get ban from the game.

• Like 1