Game-Labs Forum
thewuif

Naval Action Craft

Kanay    632

Hello,

The stats added for the optimized ballast module report "Muskets Percentage Of Crew"

Had one in hands few days ago and can't remember exactly what the optimized ballast does but I'm sure it ain't this :) 

thewuif    68

Hello,

The stats added for the optimized ballast module report "Muskets Percentage Of Crew"

Had one in hands few days ago and can't remember exactly what the optimized ballast does but I'm sure it ain't this :)

fixed :)

haibeo    6

Trader Brig: (stern chaser only, no side cannon) 2 [8-9] / [7-8]

Mercury: 10 [8-9] / [5-8]

Also, you could use the wiki to know how many cannon per side and max class of cannon and carronade that ship can use.

thewuif    68

Trader Brig: (stern chaser only, no side cannon) 2 [8-9] / [7-8]

Mercury: 10 [8-9] / [5-8]

Also, you could use the wiki to know how many cannon per side and max class of cannon and carronade that ship can use.

the problem in the wiki is, i only see the min. tier, but not the max. tier of weapons

Capt. Rice    272

Hey if you were given the information would you add the coordinates of the ports   i would be glad to get you the f11 coordinates to the ports but might take some time to get them all.

Kanay    632

fixed some bugs recently. Has enyone else found some bugs?

Hello,

Noticed that unlike for the ships where the requirements are always the same, when it comes to modules the more you go high in quality the more materials you need, at least for one of them.

Take a look at extra planking module, at basic level it needs 250 planks, but to make it in fine you need more than 250 planks, i don't recall exactly how much but it's a bit more, same for some other material , and the higher you go in quality the more materials you need, at least for this particular upgrade.

Did not had time to look deeper into all this for now but the requirements for materials should automatically change depending of the quality level selected, if possible to be done of course.

Going to get some rest now but will try to check this a bit more tomorrow and report more on this issue.

Thanks a lot for all the nice work and tools you provide :) 

thewuif    68

Hello,

Noticed that unlike for the ships where the requirements are always the same, when it comes to modules the more you go high in quality the more materials you need, at least for one of them.

Take a look at extra planking module, at basic level it needs 250 planks, but to make it in fine you need more than 250 planks, i don't recall exactly how much but it's a bit more, same for some other material , and the higher you go in quality the more materials you need, at least for this particular upgrade.

Did not had time to look deeper into all this for now but the requirements for materials should automatically change depending of the quality level selected, if possible to be done of course.

Going to get some rest now but will try to check this a bit more tomorrow and report more on this issue.

Thanks a lot for all the nice work and tools you provide :)

should be fixed now, i already had the data. it was just a minor bug that the wrong data was shown.

TommyShelby    3,025

I started adding compare graphs. (Big thanks to "jodgi of Doran's Rakers" for the ship speed data)

http://www.navalactioncraft.com/ship-data

Very nice.

I just noticed that in the "General Crafting Information" page you are giving some false information;

Oak and Teak have the same speed properties. (Eg; Teak ships are no faster than Oak ships). 

The rest is spot on though. So a minor mistake :P

thewuif    68

Very nice.

I just noticed that in the "General Crafting Information" page you are giving some false information;

Oak and Teak have the same speed properties. (Eg; Teak ships are no faster than Oak ships). 

The rest is spot on though. So a minor mistake :P

so, you mean, oak has no speed penalty? (have found this info somewhere in this forum i think)

Edited by thewuif

TommyShelby    3,025

so, you mean, oak has no speed penalty? (have found this info somewhere in this forum i think)

Yes. 

For speed it goes like this; (Numbers are correct)

Fir; 2,5% 

Teak; 0%

Oak; 0%

Live Oak; - 2,5% 

thewuif    68

Yes. 

For speed it goes like this; (Numbers are correct)

Fir; 2,5% 

Teak; 0%

Oak; 0%

Live Oak; - 2,5% 

cool, do you also have this data in percent for the armor bonus?

TommyShelby    3,025

thx, added to the page :)

No problem, make sure you word it "Planking" and not "Armor" though. 

The "armor class" difference has nothing to with "planking" so to speak and so it might be a bit misleading atm. ^^ 

In fact, there is 4 things that change depending on wood type; 

- Planking.

- Frame. 

- Speed.

- Armor Class. 

Planking refers to "HP", shown as Side Structure, Bow Structure and Stern Structure ingame.

Frame (Stronger or weaker) refers to leaks (Stronger frame means less structural leaking). 

Speed refers to speed, obviously. 

Armor Class refers to resistance to shots. It effects a lot of things such as Cannon ball's ability to penetrate the hull (Higher Class = More Richochet's, Less damage on actual hits and lower chance of penetrating hits to create leaks.) 

Exactly how Frame and Armor Class changes depending on wood type, noone except the developers knows. 

thewuif    68

No problem, make sure you word it "Planking" and not "Armor" though. 

The "armor class" difference has nothing to with "planking" so to speak and so it might be a bit misleading atm. ^^ 

In fact, there is 4 things that change depending on wood type; 

- Planking.

- Frame. 

- Speed.

- Armor Class. 

Planking refers to "HP", shown as Side Structure, Bow Structure and Stern Structure ingame.

Frame (Stronger or weaker) refers to leaks (Stronger frame means less structural leaking). 

Speed refers to speed, obviously. 

Armor Class refers to resistance to shots. It effects a lot of things such as Cannon ball's ability to penetrate the hull (Higher Class = More Richochet's, Less damage on actual hits and lower chance of penetrating hits to create leaks.) 

Exactly how Frame and Armor Class changes depending on wood type, noone except the developers knows. 

renamed to planking :)

Selak    3

I have noticed that the suggested build order only seems to work on the FIR ships but if you change it to oak, or teak or live oak it goes blank basically

thewuif    68

I have noticed that the suggested build order only seems to work on the FIR ships but if you change it to oak, or teak or live oak it goes blank basically

fixed. i hate javascript -.-