Game-Labs Forum

Domox's Burning Sail Nav. Map [Now with Map Data, Arrival Estimation]

Domox

I`m almost tempted to ask you if you could add X and Z coordinate on the cursor, but this might be a stretch, We might eventually lose them in game i believe...

Yes I'm trying to not rely on anything like that.

Updated, you can now adjust your speed and have the time estimates update along with it.

Thank you for the great map Domox.  My long distance voyages have been right on target since using it.

I've shared it with the people on my gaming community, and they thought it was fantastic as well.

So, thank you for the work you have put into it sir.  Huzzahs to you and the vessels you sail on!

• Like 1

Thank you for the great map Domox. My long distance voyages have been right on target since using it.

I've shared it with the people on my gaming community, and they thought it was fantastic as well.

So, thank you for the work you have put into it sir. Huzzahs to you and the vessels you sail on!

Thank you sir!

Question for you, what projection are you using? I looked at the geojson, but shouldn't the Longitude's be like -79.xxxx ?

I'm using EPSG 3785 but it's scaled down and centered on africa or there abouts to prevent the projection from distorting the graphics perceptibly since the game is flat and the world is a sphere.

Updated:

- Fixed rendering issue where large search results broke search altogether.

- Changed activity indicators to only show people active in the last 24h

This has got to be the best navigational tool yet. I use a second computer to run this tool. Place the compass at my current location, tap the destination and set the average speed, note the angle in degrees and away I go. I reach the destination in the approximated time and arrive in site of the destination. This is a perfect example of having a navigational tool for this game.

Absolutely love it. Thank you Sir!

I'm using EPSG 3785 but it's scaled down and centered on africa or there abouts to prevent the projection from distorting the graphics perceptibly since the game is flat and the world is a sphere.

Updated:

- Fixed rendering issue where large search results broke search altogether.

- Changed activity indicators to only show people active in the last 24h

Ahhh gotcha, that makes sense. At first, I was very confused :-)

Edit: This is petty damn slick. Well done sir :-)

Edited by DickNixon
  • Like 1

Updated, Added realtime spotting indicators. Click the pin, choose what you're spotting, click a place on the map and everyone else who's using pins on the same server choice will see them!

I can only see my own pins. Can't seem to erase them. Can't filter for server.

Edited by Macjimm

Alerts look like they're working. If you see anything when you post an alert it means all of it is working. It isn't the most popular feature so don't be surprised if there aren't any on the map.

You do not have the ability to erase them.

Filtering by server is done (rather un-intuitively) by selecting the server you wish to post to. Right now to see alerts without posting one you should open the menu, select the server to post to, hit the X on the left to back out. You should now be seeing the ones for that server.

Edited by Domox

I've noticed some shenanigans with alerts now, this may be what you were talking about. I've disabled them until it's fixed. Thanks again for the heads up!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Domox .

I use chrome browser and like your map, used every day.

But som day ago the map not work for me. I see only the big white screen, and nothing else ...  :( what happened? 

I'm not sure, I've updated the mapping library today. Try it out, and if your browser is up to date message me again and we can try and figure it out.

Thanks!

• Like 1