Game-Labs Forum

Political Situation (PvP 1 EU)

BramtheDutch

But do you not think Charles, that as the leading British clan that you have a responsibility to try and convince your own nation to trust the diplomatic relationships you are creating? That may be difficult and impossible to do 100% but I hope you at least try.

BTW, to the OP.....

I would see the US position against GB more as hostile atm rather than an all out War. Our actions against a few British ports in the Bahamas were just "police actions" as these wayward British islands were raiding our shipping lanes and taking our sailors as their own. In fact, we were just assisting the natives of the islands to reclaim their land from a tyrannical power. The natural order of things is that the gov't should be controlled by the people not the other way around by King's. It just happens that they begged us to be US territories after their success. This is what is bound to happen in all of the territories of the European nations that believe in the subjugation of foreign people groups.

As a representative of Tattered Flags, US, we view any alliances or non-aggression pacts with the major clans of another nation as binding on the nation as a whole. We will honor the agreements to everyone in that nation regardless of affiliation unless the pact was specifically designed as an inter-clan pact. I suggest if you are not affiliated with the major clans of the nation that you get involved and help them make decisions. Generally, I would say that the clans of the different nations are taking their agreements and strategies very seriously and they are well thought out and maneuvered. It is much more beneficial to the nation's success if the solo players get on board and support the leadership decisions being made. It'll make for a more enjoyable game as well.

100% true  

I would see the US position against GB more as hostile atm rather than an all out War. Our actions against a few British ports in the Bahamas were just "police actions" as these wayward British islands were raiding our shipping lanes and taking our sailors as their own. In fact, we were just assisting the natives of the islands to reclaim their land from a tyrannical power. The natural order of things is that the gov't should be controlled by the people not the other way around by King's. It just happens that they begged us to be US territories after their success. This is what is bound to happen in all of the territories of the European nations that believe in the subjugation of foreign people groups.

As a representative of Tattered Flags, US, we view any alliances or non-aggression pacts with the major clans of another nation as binding on the nation as a whole. We will honor the agreements to everyone in that nation regardless of affiliation unless the pact was specifically designed as an inter-clan pact. I suggest if you are not affiliated with the major clans of the nation that you get involved and help them make decisions. Generally, I would say that the clans of the different nations are taking their agreements and strategies very seriously and they are well thought out and maneuvered. It is much more beneficial to the nation's success if the solo players get on board and support the leadership decisions being made. It'll make for a more enjoyable game as well.

I find it curious that the United States would justify their hostilities against Great Britain on democratic principle, yet attempt to impose the will of the few over the will of the many in regards to political action.  It smacks of tyranny to suggest that the individual must step in line without so much as an expression of dissent at the behest of a self-proclaimed authority.  Most interesting.

• Like 6

How is something Tyranny unless you can use force?  I can demand my fellow people to act a certain way and do certain things but unless I use force I am not a Tyrant.  In regards to the game, Tattered Flags and TDA do not have any force available to tell other US players how to act, so that can't possibly be tyranny.

• Like 1

I find it curious that the United States would justify their hostilities against Great Britain on democratic principle, yet attempt to impose the will of the few over the will of the many in regards to political action.  It smacks of tyranny to suggest that the individual must step in line without so much as an expression of dissent at the behest of a self-proclaimed authority.  Most interesting.

I will simply second what Prater said. Persuasion is different than imposition.

This last weekend the Spanish faction has lost more than 15 cities. Are we in 1892 ??... Looks like game will finish in two months. Developers don´t understand our Spanish-American history. They definitely do not listen to us when the majority of players we have said in this forum that there are too many  port battles. The game is not historical at all. The caribbean map and system battles is such a ridicoulus !! It´s a pitty.

Edited by Marques

Nations that are incredibly large, such as Spain, and have relatively low player count per port would have to patrol the borders (ports) of their empire more.

Nations that are incredibly small, such as the Dutch, and have relatively high player count per port would not have to patrol the borders (ports) of their empire frequent.

If you have a small nation of which the players are living crowded, its easy to expend.

If you have too few players spread out over an enormous empire, they cant protect it. Which is a normal result of OVEREXTENTION.

This would create a certain curve a.k.a. the natural equilibrium of things self balancing itself out.

Whilst i agree that port battles are relatively easy atm, i find it a normal result of the playerbase you have compared to the territory it is supposed to defend.

• Like 4

This last weekend the Spanish faction has lost more than 15 cities. Are we in 1892 ??... Looks like game will finish in two months. Developers don´t understand our Spanish-American history. They definitely do not listen to us when the majority of players we have said in this forum that there are too many  port battles. The game is not historical at all. The caribbean map and system battles is such a ridicoulus !! It´s a pitty.

I understand that you are a patriot but this is just a GAME! in fact I think it is good to loos some of the unimportant ports that are too far away from La Habana! we can't properly defend them anyways! AND why are you blaming the developers?! blame you own nation's clans for not being able to organize a better defense! look at Norge-Danmark for example, they start with a few ports and it's player base consists of people from around the world, making communication extremely difficult and yet even they are more organized than us :)

Edited by Nau

Changelog:

*Added NF and RUS links.

*Added (Inter clan) in top text, to make it more clear that this is based on information from major clans.

*Added DKF, DSL and LON to dutch clan list.

*Added SND to USA clan list

Edited by bramluijken

I think there is something wrong here... 

I read Spain is allied with Britain, but... in the real game, Britain is conquering systematicaly the South East of Cuba including Spanish towns with important resources. And not only that shallow waters island, in main land of Cuba too.

Funny when I read about Spain is allied with Britain.

I wonder why the spanish faction isnt largger, I would thought that would be the natreal home for native spanish speckers?

Easy, because don't matter how many people is in Spain faction, Us, Pirates and Brits will have too many more... and the language issue is great in Spain chat, like in the Danish chat.

And Spain faction is in the middle of the fray. US in the north, Pirates in the North and East, Danes in the East, Dutch in the South and British in the South too.

I only take in count if Spain is only Cuba, I don't count with the over extension problem worst.

I think there is something wrong here... 

I read Spain is allied with Britain, but... in the real game, Britain is conquering systematicaly the South East of Cuba including Spanish towns with important resources. And not only that shallow waters island, in main land of Cuba too.

Funny when I read about Spain is allied with Britain.

I think this is arranged because the spanish are very overexpended, but I don't know for sure, Ill ask again to the REA and SLRN

Dutch clans:

DSL

LON

Steel, do you have any links for them?

The point is when someone read your first post, he can think that you speak about factions. But the real problem is that you are speaking about clans. Not all in British faction are SLRN and not all Spanish are RAE members.

I am not RAE actually and I don't know about traits between clans and like me other people in Spain faction. The people out of these clans only see Britain attacks (put Spain port here) message in game. Later that confused people come here to see and it don't make sense.

But anyway, is not your fault and you are making a good job mate. ;)

• Like 2

Denmark-Norge:

This should be "Danmark-Norge".

DWIS / Danish West Indies Squadron (Vest-Indiske Escadre) (multinational, but mostly danish and norwegian)

We now use the contemporary Danish version of the name, and our tag is VIE. We'd also like to emphasize that our clan is international and that we mainly use English within the clan. May I suggest:

VIE / Vest-Indiske Escadre (Danish West Indies Squadron) (Multinational, English speaking)

Thanks for making this.

Cheers! 

• Like 1

This should be "Danmark-Norge".

We now use the contemporary Danish version of the name, and our tag is VIE. We'd also like to emphasize that our clan is international and that we mainly use English within the clan. May I suggest:

VIE / Vest-Indiske Escadre (Danish West Indies Squadron) (Multinational, English speaking)

Thanks for making this.

Cheers! 

Will change it right away!

• Like 1

I am not RAE actually and I don't know about traits between clans and like me other people in Spain faction. The people out of these clans only see Britain attacks (put Spain port here) message in game. Later that confused people come here to see and it don't make sense.

But anyway, is not your fault and you are making a good job mate. ;)

RAE's alliance with Britain doesn't make much sense to me. In what way it's beneficial to Spain, it's hard to understand.

RAE's alliance with Britain doesn't make much sense to me. In what way it's beneficial to Spain, it's hard to understand.

I don't know too, but i am guessing.... Be part of the wipe or be wiped.

In any case I was speaking only me, I am not representing any clan of faction. At the moment at least.