Game-Labs Forum

Battle Over! [Timeout]

Pheasent Plucker

Hello Support staff and Anyone else who reads this.

I haven't played for along time not since there was a reset back in beta but started playing again yesterday, and just like before i do love the game.

I am learning the game slowly since so much has changed, nice to see there is a map now.

One issue is really got me worried!

When i got into battle on the PVP server after 5mins of sailing and every 5-8mins after that i get "Battle over! [TIMEOUT]" pop up and i cant press anything and just aimlessly drift, first time it happened i waited for 4mins in the hopes that it was just some strange lag issue with your server, so after 4mins i only had the options to "Surrender" or "Exit Game", well i am not surrendering! so i clicked Exit, i reloaded the game asap, it loaded me back in, and i was been boarded which has changed since i last played too haha, anyways i figured it out and won the boarding fight and also the battle.

I have played a few more battles now but each time i get "Battle over! [TIMEOUT]" pop up after 5mins, so how i survived as i reloaded again after 35mins of battle with 5 "Battle over! [TIMEOUT]" pops and reloaded each time for that i have no idea.

This is very game breaking for me, i have two friends who also own the game we want to play together but if i cant play they might not come back.

Please help me!

Thanks.

Pheasent Plucker, please, can you send a bug report through F11 when you experience it once again? And post the name of the report here so I can address the issue. Also, can you please send connection test report too (4-th option when you launch the game in Steam), and post the name here, it is like NAS-XXXX. 

Issue can happen owing to problematic connection between client and game server (high ping is not direct reason, but could be one of the reasons of unstable network connection). Please, send a bug report through F11 when you experience it once again, and post the name of the report so that we will be able to analyze problem more in detail

Issue can happen owing to problematic connection between client and game server (high ping is not direct reason, but could be one of the reasons of unstable network connection). Please, send a bug report through F11 when you experience it once again, and post the name of the report so that we will be able to analyze problem more in detail

Ok I have a report NAB20514. At first ship stops manevuring and unable to fire. Then ships in battle stop firing as losing connection.

Ok I have a report NAB20514. At first ship stops manevuring and unable to fire. Then ships in battle stop firing as losing connection.

Definitely sounds like intermittent packet loss between you and the game server.  I used to have this with a wireless router that would drop all traffic for 300ms every couple of minutes.  Very frustrating.  Hopefully your ticket will have the information needed to help them diagnose your issue.  Hang in there and thanks for getting that ticket submitted!

Thanks for report. It contains useful technical information so that we will optimize some network traffic soon in the coming patches in order to minimize "timeout" issues