Game-Labs Forum

Headstart ships - Guide!

Hello Shipmates. I have a question regarding the Yacht.

My redeemed Yacht doesn't have any cannon.

This was a little bit disconcerting when i engaged in the Small Battle scenario and found that i was unarmed.

I purchased 12 9pounders from the shop and these are now in a Warehouse. I was hoping that i would find them installed on the Yacht but this is not so.

What do i do to arm this lovely ship?

Regards from Wiltshire UK.

PS. is it acceptable to deliver a Broadside on a ship that has surrendered as happened to me today?

Please review the Guides section.  The Yacht is a "normal" ship, even though it doesn't have a repair cost.  As such, it must be equipped with cannon of the proper class.  Looking at the Equipment tab in port when you have the Yacht selected as your ship, you'll see it has one deck of guns, and there are two numbers in brackets [8-9]/[8/8] (or something much like that).  The first is the class of cannon she may equip in that slot.  Class 8 or 9.  The second, is the class of Carronade she may equip, Class 8 only.  If you then go to "Shop", select "Cannon", and then click the Class 8 tab, you'll get a list of cannon and carronades that are Class 8.  That is what she can equip.  If you want, you can also look at Class 9, but those will be smaller and likely not worth equipping.

As to your PS - Once you've surrendered, you've lost your ship and aren't paying for repairs anyways, regardless of what happens to your ship after that.  Meanwhile, the grasscombing lubber that fired on your surrendered ship - if it was his to keep, likely reduced the value of the ship by damaging it further.  In short, once you've surrendered (and since surrendering doesn't really get you anywhere right now since you basically lose a durability whether you surrender or fight her til she sinks) it doesn't matter.  That said, next time, keep firing at him until you sink.  This will maximize your XP and gold you earn for fighting at no additional loss to you.  This may change in the future.

Good hunting sir!

So the yacht is also linked to the created "avatar " ? 

If i redeemed my yatch and delete my created avatar i will loose it too ? 

Was hesitating about deleting my fresh created account ...

I am French and picked France, but seems like it wasn't the wiser choice, while playing i see a lot of activity from the Nordic guys ( those Vikings  :P )  or the English and even from the pirates , attacking and capturing places ... Meanwhile my picked up Nation is extremely calm for now and while i don't mind much the lack of combat for now I think at the future with the trading and crafting in mind and all possibilities a well populated or very active Nation offers in the game.

I'm starting to think i made a bad choice and might delete the account and create a new one before the deadline, i'd just like to know if the Yatch is linked the same way to the avatar created or to the account before thinking further about this, it is linked in steam like a DLC content and wasn't aware about the redeem mechanics, i'd really hate to loose it if i delete the created player to make a different one .

Edited by Kanay

So the yacht is also linked to the created "avatar " ? 

If i redeemed my yatch and delete my created avatar i will loose it too ? 

Was hesitating about deleting my fresh created account ...

Yacht is linked to steam account (not players) its there forever.

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick answer Admin, that's a good news.

Now i have 2 possibilities, delete the avatar created and pick quickly another Nation to keep the yatch and get the new ship there or stay where i am for now, get the new ship but not redeem it until i make a decision about staying there or quit.

Need to browse the forum to see a bit more about Brits and Vikings community and things might change a lot in the next weeks with steam release, it ain't easy choices, i hope later you will allow some flexibility in all this, i know the problems that changing of Nation could bring into the game but as you can see there is dilemmas ...

Thanks a lot.

To be able to accommodate everyone who have missed due to maintenance or other reasons. We extend the deadline until end of the weekend.

Just to clarify, Does this mean that all the new players that buy Naval Action from Steam will also get Yachts before the end of the weekend as long as they create a Character?

No news yet.  It's a surprise (no, no, no, not THE Surprise, but A surprise).   ;)

The Ingermanland and Niagara by any chance?

Edited by GoldenEagleLeader

So these redeemable ships have been given to the people who have bought the game in EA along with alpha testers?

Another unrelated question:

Why was a renomee given to us? that is the most random and useless thing to be given out as a 'head-start' ship.

Edited by Ellis

I've seen some pretty unfortunate things done to these wonderful gifts today. Like selling the free ships to npc's for starter cash, using a renomee as their first ship and asking how to load trade goods into it, breaking up the free ships for parts to craft a pickle..etc :D

Hi, i made my character about 11-12 hours ago. I got the game before it was on steam, i got the Yacht but not the other bonus ships. Have I missed the deadline?

most likely you created the char after redeems were given, but don't worry, as it was mentioned in the first post here

Most importantly. We often gave out such presents/redeemables in the past and will continue doing it in the future. Don't worry about missing them this time.

most likely you created the char after redeems were given, but don't worry, as it was mentioned in the first post here

Thanks for the fats responds. Sorry i missed the bottom part of the post here.

To be able to accommodate everyone who have missed due to maintenance or other reasons. We extend the deadline until end of the weekend. 

But It is not the end of the weekend yet, so is there a bug in the redeeming system?

So these redeemable ships have been given to the people who have bought the game in EA along with alpha testers?

Another unrelated question:

Why was a renomee given to us? that is the most random and useless thing to be given out as a 'head-start' ship.

I usually tell my 5 year old and 7 year old that when someone gives them a gift, they should say  "thank you" and at least try to look happy, whether or not they like it.  :P  If you don't like it, sell it for free gold or break it up for parts to craft a Pickle.  ;)

Thanks for the fats responds. Sorry i missed the bottom part of the post here.

But It is not the end of the weekend yet, so is there a bug in the redeeming system?

You're correct, Admin said the "End" of the weekend.  I noticed in a few discussions that he also said "Saturday" a few times.  These two terms are obviously in conflict, hopefully he'll be along to clarify.

• Like 2

You're correct, Admin said the "End" of the weekend.  I noticed in a few discussions that he also said "Saturday" a few times.  These two terms are obviously in conflict, hopefully he'll be along to clarify.

I hope they mean "end of the weekend" as in this evening. I have been busy with school and exams, and haven't had a chance to check the forums for a while, only just noticed this today.

i got an question about the ships the alpha testers where gonna get given if so is it the trianade and and belle poule if so yah messed it up cause people who did not pre order have thos 2........ so it aint exclusive.

Alpha Testers (prior to EA) were promised the Yacht, which they have received. There were no additional promises that I recall being made.

Alpha Testers (prior to EA) were promised the Yacht, which they have received. There were no additional promises that I recall being made.

Beside the Yacht, there is this one one that was promised for those who bought before January 2015 ( still missing,  should have been gifted at the start of the new year 2015, apparently they have an issue with it and it needs rework  ) : https://www.facebook.com/NavalAction/photos/pb.203746273116632.-2207520000.1453283818./411078402383417/?type=3&permPage=1

Other than those 2 promised ships if you fulfilled the conditions, nothing indeed .

Edited by Kanay

I have  a question about the bonus ships.

I wanted to look at them in a safe environment, so I redeemed them when I was logged into the PVE server.  

I figured that they were going to be available to redeem once on each server.  (My Yacht is on all the servers.)

However, now I have the bonus ships on the PVE server, but I can't redeem them on the PVP server (which is where I play.)  

Am I permanently screwed?  Did redeeming the bonus headstart ships on the PVE server eliminate my ability to own them on the PVP server where I actually play?

Is there any way to transfer these ships from the PVE to the PVP server?

Hoping I didn't mess this up permanently.