Game-Labs Forum

Chat problem?

GrapeShot

• 4 months later...

In game chat and emails are gone. F11 reported. I've closed game, rebooted system, let steam update, still no chats for clan, nation, global, ally, and email box is empty. Does this mean I'm chat banned? Perhaps I should have not replied to someones question, "what's up?", with "a chicken's butt when it eats."?
ULM3Jrw.jpg

EDIT 10:30am EST: Server reset?? Will a patch be deployed also? :)
mGNGJH7.jpg

Edited by van der Decken

38 minutes ago, Peder Matchbox said:

Hey there, i play on pvp one and have no chat, did F11 it.. i am dont think i am banned  in anyway...( no reason, i can think of...)

I can click and send chat to people i see in OS

There are the same issues as it were earlier with the US server, will be fixed.

1 hour ago, Peder Matchbox said:

Hey there, i play on pvp one and have no chat, did F11 it.. i am dont think i am banned  in anyway...( no reason, i can think of...)

I can click and send chat to people i see in OS

The issue is fixed

• 8 months later...

Hey there

I have had this problem with the chat since i bought the game one steam, i have reinstalled the game 8 times, checked the router ports, had my internet company check the ports required for this game, i have checked firewall and antivirus, the game has priority 1 when going online all the way through.. But the problem remains, when logging into the game i have chat for 5-15 minuts then they shut down, and wont be opened again, the same when in groups when chat goes, the group can see me online, see me in the group, but the group cant join as a group. I have tried restarting the game, and at first that worked with the group, and for 5 min with chat. now i am running out of options, and cant really play with anyone and i can basicly only help out my clan if we doing something i can jump into after it is started, but i cannot group up with them and do missions and such, cause i am online but not registred as online.

Hope you fine gentlemen can help me solve this, i do enjoy this great game, but it is becoming a bit of an annoyance when you cant join up with friends proper. 

Edited by Masp

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Spitfire83 said:

So my pc mobo died  and since reinstall of game after X amount of messages/time if I try to write in any chat I receive a "too many messages" in red pop up and my text isn't displayed...

Any Ideas people???

Captain, what is your character name? Also, do you have a keyboard that requires additional drivers to be installed? "too many messages" warning is an anti-spam check but if you don't type one message after another in no time, it should not happen

• 1 month later...

11 hours ago, Ink said:

Captain, have you recently uninstalled any MS C++ Redists packages? Please try to reinstall the latest ones from this page:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Yes, that was really what caused the problem but I reinstalled and everything is fine, thanks for the support.

• 11 months later...

I need your help:

The chat does not work, I try to open all tabs (nation, global, combat news, help) but none Works. I do not know what may have happened, I reinstalled the game and the MS C++ Redists packages but the problem still remains.

I can not even send an email or communicate with my friends. you can see me in the game, but not as connected, I can not make groups and receive invitations. I cannot group up with them and do missions and such, cause i am online but not registred as online.

Pse Help me

8 hours ago, Sir_More said:

I need your help:

The chat does not work, I try to open all tabs (nation, global, combat news, help) but none Works. I do not know what may have happened, I reinstalled the game and the MS C++ Redists packages but the problem still remains.

I can not even send an email or communicate with my friends. you can see me in the game, but not as connected, I can not make groups and receive invitations. I cannot group up with them and do missions and such, cause i am online but not registred as online.

Pse Help me

Please check this workaround:

1. close the game,
  2. open Windows Command Prompt (press Windows + R), then type: %HOMEPATH%\AppData\LocalLow\Game-Labs\Naval Action
  3. delete all files in the folder

After this, launch Naval Action and check the issue.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ink said:

Please check this workaround:

1. close the game,
  2. open Windows Command Prompt (press Windows + R), then type: %HOMEPATH%\AppData\LocalLow\Game-Labs\Naval Action 
  3. delete all files in the folder 

After this, launch Naval Action and check the issue.

It does not work 😕

• 1 year later...

This exact issue still seems to persist, Draconis Khan is my username on the War Server and for over 6 days I have seem to have had this constant issue, I have attempted many workarounds and will try some again, I understand that it's not exactly something easy to fix.

- After trying again all of the above fixes and simple ones such as re-installing, and checking steam as well as my own internet; nothing seems to have fixed the problem.

- After DL'ing every software update for Graphics Card, Command System for Alienware devices, and the Distribute items for microsoft; It seems as if the keyboard updates as well as being hardwired into a connection seem to be a constant fix. 

- The biggest issue being the hardwire, then unplug and it stays connected anywhere in the house/apartment. The next issue is the keyboard updates since they are linked to games like NA.

I now have them working.

Edited by Draconis Khan
Correction of Error

19 hours ago, Draconis Khan said:

This exact issue still seems to persist, Draconis Khan is my username on the War Server and for over 6 days I have seem to have had this constant issue, I have attempted many workarounds and will try some again, I understand that it's not exactly something easy to fix.

- After trying again all of the above fixes and simple ones such as re-installing, and checking steam as well as my own internet; nothing seems to have fixed the problem.

- After DL'ing every software update for Graphics Card, Command System for Alienware devices, and the Distribute items for microsoft; It seems as if the keyboard updates as well as being hardwired into a connection seem to be a constant fix. 

- The biggest issue being the hardwire, then unplug and it stays connected anywhere in the house/apartment. The next issue is the keyboard updates since they are linked to games like NA.

I now have them working.

Greetings, could you please clarify the issue a bit, do you experience an empty in-game chat?

• 4 weeks later...

my chat window dissapears, after some time in game...its not an interface issue, (thats happened before and I know how to bring it back than) The window simply completely vanishes.

Restarting comp, restarting steam, restarting game helps sometimes, but not always. f11 sent

It's not a router issue either. Local files are checked and okay. The above mentioned folder does not exist.

I've had the opposite problem before: game stuck (ping 0) but chat still working. But game working and chat vanished is new to me...

Edit: connection test NAS-1359538 sent

Edit 2: now i got the opposite , too: Game started, no chat window. Some time in game: chat window appears. 30 mins later: chat window vanishes again...

Edit 3: and the real weird thing: In port i dont have the issue. If I enter a port, the chat window is there. If I leave the port, its gone again.

Found it now...seems to have been the "render decorators" setting in gfx options that locked it in ow (when disabled) ....

Edited by Jan van Santen

15 hours ago, Jan van Santen said:

my chat window dissapears, after some time in game...its not an interface issue, (thats happened before and I know how to bring it back than) The window simply completely vanishes.

Restarting comp, restarting steam, restarting game helps sometimes, but not always. f11 sent

It's not a router issue either. Local files are checked and okay. The above mentioned folder does not exist.

I've had the opposite problem before: game stuck (ping 0) but chat still working. But game working and chat vanished is new to me...

Edit: connection test NAS-1359538 sent

Edit 2: now i got the opposite , too: Game started, no chat window. Some time in game: chat window appears. 30 mins later: chat window vanishes again...

Edit 3: and the real weird thing: In port i dont have the issue. If I enter a port, the chat window is there. If I leave the port, its gone again.

Found it now...seems to have been the "render decorators" setting in gfx options that locked it in ow (when disabled) ....

Captain, could you please clarify if you still experiencing the problem?