Game-Labs Forum

Ship speeds

jodgi

• 1 month later...

Yea, the plotly thing is sorted manually. I have to populate the chart one graph at a time however well I might prepare the data. I would like to avoid manual work since the infogram chart is populated automatically with a few clicks.

I'm considering making additional charts as @maturin suggested. How would I name them and which ships would be included in each sub chart?

Fore and aft, medium?!, frigates and lineships?

On 17.12.2017 at 11:05 PM, jodgi said:

I'm considering making additional charts as @maturin suggested.

How to run on my *** from this *** Damn. They are in different diagrams. Let's look in the general. How here to search? How quickly to remove extra data?

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/heyscriptingguy/2013/07/11/use-powershell-to-sort-csv-files-in-order/

5 hours ago, Amihai said:

How to run on my *** from this *** Damn. They are in different diagrams. Let's look in the general. How here to search? How quickly to remove extra data?

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/heyscriptingguy/2013/07/11/use-powershell-to-sort-csv-files-in-order/

This might work for you, @Amihai.

qw569's script removes BR and all non-speed related stuff so all I have to work with are the ship names. I couldn't change his bash script as I don't understand it even if I know what it does. The script runs on a linux cloud machine and uploads the cvs directly to my Gdrive account.

Someone better than me has to make the perfect sortable online chart.

If you know this stuff and can make a Gsheet that sorts in the manner you'd like I might be able to copy your stuff into my main sheet (The one linked is just an anon snapshot copy).

On 2/18/2016 at 1:59 PM, Shoklar said:

Jodgi,

I have been plotting some of these in polar coordinates in my spare time in the hope of creating a useful tool for players.  If you would like, I can complete the ships and update whenever you post new numbers.  Low resolution samples below:

Renomee%20Oak%20-%20no%20mods.jpg

Lynx%20Teak%20-%20no%20mods.jpg

Renomee%20vs%20Lynx.jpg

This must be in game under every ship and also compare tool would be awesome. 

Edited by Seraphic Radiance
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Barberouge said:

Lhermione is the French one (1779), Hermione is the British one (1782, Santa Cecilia).

Ummm... but which one is currently in the game? Their are two different plots.

• 8 months later...

It's my prefered site for speed data. But when I need to compare ASAP (run/pursuit) it looking like this:

1. Open page (reload from purge).

2. Open all charts tab

3. Click - click - click - click alt-tab looking fight, correct course if needed, alt-tab click - click - click -click to deselect all unwanted ships

4. Compare speed profiles for ships in the battle

So, make default chart as "all ships deselected" or stay one. Or add deselect all button.

Is it possible ?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SnovaZdorowa said:

It's my prefered site for speed data. But when I need to compare ASAP (run/pursuit) it looking like this:

1. Open page (reload from purge).

2. Open all charts tab

3. Click - click - click - click alt-tab looking fight, correct course if needed, alt-tab click - click - click -click to deselect all unwanted ships

4. Compare speed profiles for ships in the battle

So, make default chart as "all ships deselected" or stay one. Or add deselect all button.

Is it possible ?

I know, I know, it's terrible. We had that functionality when we used plot.ly to display the charts but that was buggy in other regards, plus it's a ton of work compared to infogr.am. I've contacted infogr.am and begged them to make a "deselect all" feature.

Maybe @Felix Victor can help you out when time is of the essence with the ship compare tool on his map site?

15 minutes ago, jodgi said:

I know, I know, it's terrible. We had that functionality when we used plot.ly to display the charts but that was buggy in other regards, plus it's a ton of work compared to infogr.am. I've contacted infogr.am and begged them to make a "deselect all" feature.

Maybe @Felix Victor can help you out when time is of the essence with the ship compare tool on his map site?

No, hate lists. Your charts are more comfortable. I see profile differences visualy, I see digits when required.

1 minute ago, SnovaZdorowa said:

No, hate lists.

He has some pretty neat charts as well:

ddf3cf63bbf6ba44e2110fdf61369266.png

I'd say these are excellent for a quick glance and finding the best possible escape vector. You can hover mouse to get knots readout.

I sent a new support request to infogr.am. Maybe we get lucky?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...