Game-Labs Forum

Ultimate General series

SuperBoss

• 2 weeks later...

I like the 2D battlemap a lot :(

Agreed, mostly the topo map feature. I love it.

Well it is going to be hosting more than one battle but how it will work we will be able to share later.

Now THAT, I'm excited for. Nuts to any gripe I may have, that's going to be awesome. I only hope you transition any improvements you add for the new one to Gettysburg.

From a 

Rock Paper Shotgun interview................

By Tim Stone on May 1st, 2015 at 1:00 pm........

Nick: We are experimenting on a new enhanced game engine version for a next title that will simulate The Battle of Antietam. This engine will make the next game visually superior to Ultimate General: Gettysburg and will use a sandbox system in which you can play the battle from the start to the end, having full control of the army. It’s too early to provide a release date and also we haven’t yet decided if this new title will be sold separately or as DLC..........

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/05/01/the-flare-path-may-day-mayday/

• Like 1

From a 

Rock Paper Shotgun interview................

By Tim Stone on May 1st, 2015 at 1:00 pm........

Nick: We are experimenting on a new enhanced game engine version for a next title that will simulate The Battle of Antietam. This engine will make the next game visually superior to Ultimate General: Gettysburg and will use a sandbox system in which you can play the battle from the start to the end, having full control of the army. It’s too early to provide a release date and also we haven’t yet decided if this new title will be sold separately or as DLC..........

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/05/01/the-flare-path-may-day-mayday/

Thank you, Watkins!

Edited by IheardITthruTHEgrapeshot

Well it is going to be hosting more than one battle but how it will work we will be able to share later.

While I'm aware you are working on the battle of Antietam, which will be magnanimous, other great suggestions for games would be the battle of Chancellorsville, the Shenandoah campaign(it's more a long-term one, possibly a great start if you ever do campaign), lastly, a good battle was Shiloh. Although I'm am already excited for Ultimate General: Antietam

p.s. I believe there is a thread where it has a poll asking what people would like, and actually, some of those are quite nice, if you haven't looked at it, you may be able to see what improvements could be made to take the game to the next level, but as always I trust your judgement