Game-Labs Forum

I'm new here...wow

I just found this site browsing around from the Norbsoft site. I am a big fan and customer of the Scourge of War series. This seems different than any of the others. I can predict right now that I will be a buyer. Reading the site about features and all I have a few questions.

Do leaders play a role based on their characteristics?

A player takes the role of Lee or Meade, correct or perhaps other leaders in smaller scenarios. Can orders to move be given to the Corp and Division level?

Is there a delay before orders are executed or is a move order to a brigade executed immediately?

Do leaders have characteristics and abilities. For example, is Anderson a better leader than Heth?

Have lots of questions and look forward to this games development. Is it ok to ask what stage this game is in, Alpha perhaps?

Do leaders play a role based on their characteristics?

Yes we will have Corps Commanders, Division Commanders and Brigade Commanders, everyone providing advantages and disadvantages. Of course there will be one army commander for each side, Lee and Meade.

A player takes the role of Lee or Meade, correct or perhaps other leaders in smaller scenarios. Can orders to move be given to the Corp and Division level?

Player controls the army as indicated above. He has to take care of his high level officers for maximum effect.

Is there a delay before orders are executed or is a move order to a brigade executed immediately?

I was thinking to implement this but at the current state of gameplay it would add complexity and frustration to the player. We will experiment with this much later when we have finalised and perfected the gameplay and challenge.

Do leaders have characteristics and abilities. For example, is Anderson a better leader than Heth?

Yes everyone will be different.

Welcome to our forum  :)

We will have 4 types of commanders.

1. The Brigade Commander attached to his unit.
  2. The Division Commander who controls several brigades.
  3. The Corps Commander who controls many more brigades.
  4. The Army Commander who controls the whole army.

More on how they will work in a blog post later.