Game-Labs Forum

Abuse of Pirate vs Pirate

Kutai

Hello,

I am not going to be naming players or guilds here however there has been an increasing and quite concerning trend developing within a specific group of people within the Pirate Nation. This is not about trying to point fingers and acuse anyone but rather to highlight the issue and hopefully find a resolution for it.

Basically this group of players are sailing away from the home town and one of them will have a large ship, St Paval, Vic or Santi. The other ships will engage him, shoot him until he is almost dead, then retreat and repeat. This means that the players are basically boosted with tons of xp in a very quick time frame with next to no risk. 

More recently they have begin doing this with neutral players serving as the stand in enemy for the battle also.

I think this is a clear exploit of game mechanics and a solution for it would be fantastic, especially considering the up coming wipe.

Thank you,

Kuth.

Edited by Kutai
  • Like 7

I swore we just had pirates telling us until they were blue in the face that they didn't do this anymore.

Pirate v. Pirate XP is being removed, if memory serves.

I do not think this is being used by the vast majority of Pirates who like myself, my clan and those who I know think that it is a cheap exploit. However there is a particular group who are currently doing it and are actually encouraging new players to do it also. I have a feeling that if it is not solved, it WILL spiral out of control.

Well speaking from experience I haven't seen any pirates doing something like that since they added in assist exp, because it is an inefficient form of grinding exp. I also talked to some of the guys in my clan and none of them have seen that happening either. Maybe it is some people online during the European timezone and then I wouldn't know, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Well, it's not really an exploit maybe, yet the mechanic is not working as intended.

What preferably would happen is that pirates fight amongst themselves on occasion, and on occasion fight a common enemy.

Would removing all xp from Pirate v Pirate fight be something that would stimulate that? Maybe.

Would reducing the xp from Pirate v pirate fight be something that would stimulate that? Most likely.

Remember the trouble that whipped up in sea trials when people were doing the exact same thing?

We would like to remind everyone that all testers have to be vigilant and report exploiters and damage farmers

Damage farmers who are reported will have their assets wiped.

• Like 5

Well, it's not really an exploit maybe, yet the mechanic is not working as intended.

What preferably would happen is that pirates fight amongst themselves on occasion, and on occasion fight a common enemy.

Would removing all xp from Pirate v Pirate fight be something that would stimulate that? Maybe.

Would reducing the xp from Pirate v pirate fight be something that would stimulate that? Most likely.

If a pirate attacks another pirate, it should be in earnest. Consequently, attacking another pirate (or joining an attack) should set the attacker as hostile to the defender, making them no longer able to group or join battles on same side. Ideally pirate groups would be able to own their ports / pirate nests rather than jointly owned "national" ports, and access there would also be blocked. Hostility would be on very long cooldown.

But Pirates are just another nation, so better to remove the mechanic entirely since we have abandoned unique gameplay for the "lifestyle choice" and entitlement is now setting in, making radical change almost impossible.

Remember that after Early access it will be extremely hard to take back features or remove flexibility. It will be much easier to add things back.

• Like 4

Thanks for the report

As we said before

Damage farming is not allowed and the punishment is XP reset. Cases of damage farming should be reported with evidence (preferably by posting F11 report as well. But with the forthcoming wipe this xp reset will not be a strong deterrent. 

The fix is simple - we will just disable the Pirate vs Pirate xp and gold for players in the first hot fix after the release. And will continue improving pirate hardcore mode going forward.

• Like 14

Thanks for the report

As we said before

Damage farming is not allowed and the punishment is XP reset. Cases of damage farming should be reported with evidence (preferably by posting F11 report as well. But with the forthcoming wipe this xp reset will not be a strong deterrent. 

The fix is simple - we will just disable the Pirate vs Pirate xp and gold for players in the first hot fix after the release. And will continue improving pirate hardcore mode going forward.

Not so simple when you have multiple characters, you can litrally do the same thing using a pirate group vs one guy who has a second character on any of the nation or neutral. - Personally I do not like the idea that players can have more than one character on the server mean they coudl also do the same for buying trade resources in enemy ports ect. A wide veriety of issues on top if the exp farming.

Hope this helps you not just deny a pirate mechanic when there are other ways to exploit it. ;3

Edit - example of this would be you get 26 people - they both have a pirate and a nation character. They all go to X port and basically one pirate attacks the nation player and then the other 24 of that nation or pirate join in so it is a 25 v 1 and that 1 guy shoots and kills each ship - bonus time on if one cataches fire ect blar blar. repeat process. Getting all the kill exp thus boosting up just from killing the basic cutters, yachts or even low teir ships baught.

Although I need more testing of such things but well hard when most people waiting for the wipe plus i dont feel like dragging people to my experiments :o

Edited by Salzi
  • Like 1

Not so simple when you have multiple characters, you can litrally do the same thing using a pirate group vs one guy who has a second character on any of the nation or neutral. - Personally I do not like the idea that players can have more than one character on the server mean they coudl also do the same for buying trade resources in enemy ports ect. A wide veriety of issues on top if the exp farming.

Hope this helps you not just deny a pirate mechanic when there are other ways to exploit it. ;3

Edit - example of this would be you get 26 people - they both have a pirate and a nation character. They all go to X port and basically one pirate attacks the nation player and then the other 24 of that nation or pirate join in so it is a 25 v 1 and that 1 guy shoots and kills each ship - bonus time on if one cataches fire ect blar blar. repeat process. Getting all the kill exp thus boosting up just from killing the basic cutters, yachts or even low teir ships baught.

Although I need more testing of such things but well hard when most people waiting for the wipe plus i dont feel like dragging people to my experiments :o

This sounds like something along the lines of exploiting around protection fleets and the admins have stated that this is not alloud

This sounds like something along the lines of exploiting around protection fleets and the admins have stated that this is not alloud

You need to read it again as I was talking about player vs player enviroment.

And note that some people are trying to test things in this game to help it in the long run.

PS I am an ex-QA tester now lazy tester.

(...), you can litrally do the same thing using a pirate group vs one guy who has a second character on any of the nation or neutral. ...)

This has happened in the past. It is the classic case of damage farming. It has been made very clear in the past that damage farming will not be tolerated.

~Brigand

Unfortunately you may have waited too long to implement this fix. The same group that were abusing it before are already well into it again with some of their players rank 3 within a few hours of the game coming up and now rank 4-5.

Unfortunately you may have waited too long to implement this fix. The same group that were abusing it before are already well into it again with some of their players rank 3 within a few hours of the game coming up and now rank 4-5.

Please take screen shots and provide them.  Vague statements will not allow anything to be done about it.

I am sure the admins can check and find it. Reports are put in as and when it is come across. I do not see any benefit in naming the suspects in here and or providing screen shots of their levels because it will only stir up the hornets nest. I would rather like to make people aware of the situation and issue so that it can come to a timely resolution that does not involve 10-20 guys spamming it the moment you mention one of their names. 

Doing missions is far better xp at this level than PiVPi - I am however all for the removal of XP and Gold from PiVPi, however. Most of these tribunal posts are in fact just you attacking FTS. Which in itself I would consider abuse.

You enter our missions and ram us, sink ships we're trying to cap and all around just attempt to seemingly go out of your way to ruin our experience in game. No, most of us havn't been here long but when your name is well known throughout our teamspeak for jumping in on our battles and attacking greens it says something.

Yet, we're not posting on the Tribunal every two seconds with loose accusations and attacks towards you, because, that's low and it takes time away from REAL issues that need to be addressed in this game other than your private crusade against the FTS Community.

We play games, many of us for many years. We're good at finding the most efficient ways to level and are VERY STRICT about abusing any mechanics seen as exploiting. We report ANYTHING that we even consider to be slightly broken.

As for the issues you seem to have with us as a community, we welcome you to come chat with us productively on our teamspeak about your issues with us. As these blanket accusations from members of your Society are getting tiresome.

• Like 4